The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What do you think?

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Nov 26 2010, 3:10am

Post #1 of 3 (235 views)
Shortcut
What do you think? Can't Post

This may sound dumb but, I got to thinking about the Elf ears and wondered if they were dominant or resesive. What kind of ears would the children of the Elf/Human matches have?

Roast chicken?!

You're taller. Who? You. Then what? Then me! I've always been taller than you. Pippin, everyone knows you're the short one. I'm the tall one. Please Merry. Your what? Three foot six at the most. Whereas I'm pushing three seven. Three eight! Three foot eight! You did something.

It's Latin. Loosely translated, it means... we cheat.

"Strange treasures in this fair world appear, strange all, and new to me." That is a poem by Thomas Traherne and I have absolutely no idea what it's about. But, when I was small I was made to learn it by heart so I don't see why you shouldn't suffer too.

Patty
Immortal

Nov 26 2010, 5:21am

Post #2 of 3 (152 views)
Shortcut
Probably dominant. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen some people walking around on our mother earth (not Middle-earth) with pointy ears just like that. That must mean that the half-elven folk who marry humans gave birth to them.Laugh

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the LotR EE Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Airaloske
The Shire

Nov 26 2010, 11:28pm

Post #3 of 3 (174 views)
Shortcut
Not dumb [In reply to] Can't Post

yay for fantasy genetics questions! I've often wondered about the genetics behind certain traits in many different fantasy stories. You're not alone!

And ftr... Elrond was half-Elf and he had pointy ears. All of his children had pointy ears. Pointy ears are probably very dominant.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.