Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BIFUR - NORI - BALIN not yet cast

carrioncrow
Lorien

Nov 21 2010, 12:29am

Views: 786
Shortcut
BIFUR - NORI - BALIN not yet cast Can't Post

why no news on these three roles? (unless i've missed something).

I've said from the start BALIN is the lynchpin of the 5-film project, second only to Gollum, Bilbo, and Gandalf inthis role importance to bridging PJ:THE HOBBIT and PJ:LOTR. I've also said this role would be suitable for a old school star...the 'old man' on a last crusade type thing. The delay in announcing casting of this role could be an indication that it is being held back as "BIG NEWS" perhaps to coincide with the official announcement of McKellen's return as gandalf.

Okay, BALIN is my obsession, i've beat it to death, i know.

But here's the funny thing. If Balin has consistently been Topic One with me on these forums, the only other topic I've dedicated key strokes to on these forums is the topic of female dwarves and the wisdom/non wisdom of having Walsh/Boyens/Jackson 'go there' with one or more members of Thorin's Company. On at least two occasions over the last 2 years, without passing judgement on whether they OUGHT TO interpret any of the company as female, I've presented my reasons for thinking that IF they did that, the two most likely candidates would be BIFUR and NORI.....Shocked....the only dwarves, aside from Balin..for whom casting has not been revealed!!

(This post was edited by carrioncrow on Nov 21 2010, 12:30am)

Subject User Time
BIFUR - NORI - BALIN not yet cast carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 12:29am
    I agree that "BALIN is the lynchpin" of the Hobbit. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 1:19am
        Besides We Have A Female Elf TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 21 2010, 4:45am
            I have a hunch duats Send a private message to duats Nov 21 2010, 5:13am
                I Still Think TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 21 2010, 5:31am
                    my source merlwynd Send a private message to merlwynd Nov 21 2010, 9:28am
                    do you think carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 4:44pm
                        I think that Smaug will be voiced by two people (One male & one Female) Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 5:03pm
                            Voiced by two people macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 21 2010, 5:33pm
                                McKellen claims that was all him Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Nov 21 2010, 5:40pm
                                    Didnt PJ macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 21 2010, 5:49pm
                                        You may be right Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Nov 21 2010, 5:59pm
                                It can be done and done well Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 5:51pm
                    link to Serkis as screwtape carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 5:03pm
            i'm not interested carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 4:56pm
                The Quest for Erebor does not qualify. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 5:07pm
                I agree with you on both points Auraran Send a private message to Auraran Nov 21 2010, 6:18pm
                    Dwarf women have beards.// Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 6:38pm
                        Yes, I'm aware of that Auraran Send a private message to Auraran Nov 22 2010, 2:42am
        again. carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 4:43pm
            In my opinion casting any member of Thorin & Company as a femal Dwarf Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 4:55pm
                I can't see any reason why they would introduce a female dwarf.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 21 2010, 6:38pm
                    Deviathion from the book? carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 10:39pm
                        All adult Dwarves have beards. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 10:52pm
                        It's clear in the book dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 21 2010, 11:00pm
                            So, not THE HOBBIT then carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 11:07pm
                                Yes, The Hobbit dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 21 2010, 11:13pm
                                    so give me a page reference in THE HOBBIT... carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 11:32pm
                                        And your point is? Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 11:39pm
                                            kinsmen carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 11:51pm
                                            my point carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 21 2010, 11:57pm
                                                Charge? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 22 2010, 12:21am
                                                    your charge: carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 22 2010, 12:32am
                                                        You are still ignoring information from Lord of the Rings which is available to the production.// Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 22 2010, 12:59am
                                                        Dear carrioncrow.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 22 2010, 9:37am
                                                            Whats The Big Deal TheGoblinKing Send a private message to TheGoblinKing Nov 22 2010, 7:28pm
                                                                What's the big deal? Simple dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 22 2010, 11:04pm
                                                            pg 110 carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 23 2010, 12:12am
                                                                This sums it up duats Send a private message to duats Nov 23 2010, 12:23am
                                                                    not to be rude carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 23 2010, 1:00am
                                                                Casting Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 23 2010, 12:36am
                                                                No, the best evidence.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Nov 23 2010, 9:00am
                                                                    dormouse is right // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 23 2010, 9:18am
                                                                    Of course not! AlatarVinyamar Send a private message to AlatarVinyamar Nov 23 2010, 2:47pm
                                                                        A Claymation Gollum would actually have been pretty cool. // Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Nov 23 2010, 5:46pm
                                                                            In Wallace & Grommitt meet the Balrog?// Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 23 2010, 5:56pm
                                        Sorry no page number but definitely the Hobbit Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 11:59pm
                                            that doesn't sound like Bilbo usual form of speech. carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 22 2010, 12:18am
                                                Cast as Bofur is: James Nesbitt Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 22 2010, 1:11am
                                Appendix to Lord of the Rings. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Nov 21 2010, 11:14pm
                                There is no doubt that all the 13 dwarves are male // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 22 2010, 8:36am
    just wait Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Nov 21 2010, 10:58am
    What about war films? DrDeath153 Send a private message to DrDeath153 Nov 22 2010, 4:26pm
        DrDeath macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Nov 22 2010, 5:06pm
        why do you... carrioncrow Send a private message to carrioncrow Nov 23 2010, 12:45am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.