Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our 5th annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:57pm

Post #326 of 399 (724 views)
Shortcut
Ufthie! Nice to see your rascally self! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's nice to have an orc about the place to keep us honest. Well, if not honest, at least to keep us amused. Laugh

I hope you're doing well and have a great weekend. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 8:01pm

Post #327 of 399 (712 views)
Shortcut
Leto! Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, you'd get the hang of the boards better if you came back to see us more often. Tongue (as well as a friendly nudge, just saying we miss you here)!

I do hope RL is treating you the very best it can.

Did I say we miss you? WinkSmileHeart

*hugs*

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 10:13pm

Post #328 of 399 (710 views)
Shortcut
Many happy returns of the day, "strider"! [In reply to] Can't Post

Master sil is quite a strider indeed! Laugh And I will attest to his being a great kid. Smile

So that's part of the wood? Those look awfully large - and heavy! You're fortunate that the boat didn't go under during one of the runs! Crazy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 11:00pm

Post #329 of 399 (707 views)
Shortcut
The wood was just quartered [In reply to] Can't Post

to get it into the boat so the big round would not break a seat, breach the hull or just tip it flat over......like i did with that big 4x12 plastic tube i used for dock pillarsLaugh.

That wood is truly dense. I dropped a piece of it in the water and it sunk like a rock and stayed there. It needs to be split further in different sizes and then stacked

Yes it was an iffy thing with boat wakes and such but we's all can swimWink.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 11:03pm

Post #330 of 399 (715 views)
Shortcut
Pre Happy Birthday to you, [In reply to] Can't Post

young lady. Let me guess......29?

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 11:05pm

Post #331 of 399 (714 views)
Shortcut
Yes, of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the anniversary of my 29th birthday Wink

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 11:14pm

Post #332 of 399 (733 views)
Shortcut
I'll have to remember that line! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

And many happy returns of that day to you, too, entmaiden - hope you can celebrate in style! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 11:21pm

Post #333 of 399 (714 views)
Shortcut
My dad started going backwards [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't remember when he started, but at one point he was 42 and moving forward - er backward!

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 11:45pm

Post #334 of 399 (715 views)
Shortcut
Man, you got a belly laugh out of me [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh.

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Nov 14 2010, 12:01am

Post #335 of 399 (717 views)
Shortcut
Sings: "Happy Birthday to Strider, [In reply to] Can't Post

Faster than horse or rider,
May it be all you wish for,
Be it steak, cake, or pie, dear!" (And please ask his pardon for the "dear"!ShockedBlushSly)

Glad to see you here again, Sil! Hope you and yours are all well.SmileSmileSmile

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Nov 14 2010, 12:12am

Post #336 of 399 (755 views)
Shortcut
Aaargh - I completely forgot. Humble apologies! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like you all had a whale of a time! *raises a glass belatedly to all at TORn*

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2010, 1:12am

Post #337 of 399 (724 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the hail Ethel D. [In reply to] Can't Post

No pardon needed my dearLaugh.

Things are all right and it has also been a very buZy time for us.

I hope you and yours, and all those students of yours are goodly too.

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 14 2010, 1:19am

Post #338 of 399 (710 views)
Shortcut
I see you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope all is goodly there GH.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 3:00am

Post #339 of 399 (703 views)
Shortcut
Well Done! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Your muse is working overtime, m'dear! I'm always so impressed by your imagination and talent :)

I hope your weekend is going Splendidly!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 3:07am

Post #340 of 399 (752 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad your daughter's [In reply to] Can't Post

coming to visit. The winter weather really puts a crimp in my travels to see my Mom and my Baltimore family. *sigh* I hope winter passes fast and you get a visit sooner than later :)

HAVE FUN!!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 3:15am

Post #341 of 399 (699 views)
Shortcut
Hey FantasyFan!! *giggle* [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so great to see you!!! Can you believe how beautiful it's been this past week? Looks like its on the way out, but what a wonderful gift to close out the year. *massive hug* Hope your weekend is FABULOUS!

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 3:23am

Post #342 of 399 (700 views)
Shortcut
Hey Lily! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend and that the weather has brightened for you. Homestaying! I love those days :)

*warm hug*

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 3:41am

Post #343 of 399 (700 views)
Shortcut
There she is!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Howdy Mar!!! I'm so happy to see you :D Time flies by so fast... but here you are :) I hope you're having a fabulous weekend... and YUMMY BISCOTTI!!! :D

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 3:52am

Post #344 of 399 (719 views)
Shortcut
What a ride, right? [In reply to] Can't Post

10 years!! It still boggles the mind!

I'm going to the midnight HP and then with my co-workers that night. I think I'll have to sleep while at work during the day ;)

Hope your weekend is awesome!

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 4:04am

Post #345 of 399 (703 views)
Shortcut
What a neato Mom... [In reply to] Can't Post

...making the meal to please the masses on a special day *high five* Homemade soup is a great idea! Uh-oh... now I'm hungry ;)

*huggles* Have a GREAT weekend!

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 4:45pm

Post #346 of 399 (690 views)
Shortcut
Ow! Oh dear lady... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so sorry you were struck with this. I'm glad you're on the mend and have your sister there to help, but I hurt for you!!

Hopefully, you'll be well-healed in time to enjoy the holidays :)

Hang in there, sweetie. *warm hug*

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 4:50pm

Post #347 of 399 (857 views)
Shortcut
To your Mom *raises mug* [In reply to] Can't Post

May she never be far from your side.

I'm horrified about that dog attacking Scout! That's terrifying! Did Neil break it up!? That's what also scares me to think he'd instinctively get in there to stop it and be hurt himself. I've been bitten twice while walking by dogs escaping from their confines... and it happens so fast that you hardly have time to comprehend the danger before its on you!

I'm glad Scout's okay, but those owners are ignorant to keep a dangerous animal. You're right. It's just a matter of time before a child or someone is hurt. Something should be done. And that's not easy for me to say. I had to have my beloved Border Collie put to sleep when her chronic hip pain, which she was on 2 meds twice a day for, made her unstable. She suddenly attacked and killed 2 of my cats, and my eldest g'son was about to be born. There was no way I would take the chance of her harming anyone... especially a baby. She was my joy during many hard years.

*warm hug* You guys hang in there... and have a wonderful weekend.

sample sample

Unused Scenes

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Nov 14 2010, 4:56pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 4:57pm

Post #348 of 399 (696 views)
Shortcut
Love your avatar!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm so glad you've come to hang out. I've been in and out myself, but really wanted to join in the fun, too :)

*toasts OH* Cheers, dude :)

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 4:59pm

Post #349 of 399 (713 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Slayer!! Hope your weekend is GREAT! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 14 2010, 5:00pm

Post #350 of 399 (703 views)
Shortcut
It still makes me smile [In reply to] Can't Post

every time I think of The Hobbit finally being done and made in NZ!! *sigh* What a ride!

Have a GREAT weekend Notta :D

sample sample

Unused Scenes

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.