Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to our 5th annual Homecoming Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 13 2010, 10:03am

Post #301 of 399 (773 views)
Shortcut
thanks // [In reply to] Can't Post

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Nov 13 2010, 12:06pm

Post #302 of 399 (776 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Midge! [In reply to] Can't Post

Why's it always the good dogs that get picked on?!

Hope you are all enjoying the new place xx

Leto
The Shire

Nov 13 2010, 2:09pm

Post #303 of 399 (764 views)
Shortcut
Tiptoes in quietly and pours a cuppa tea [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi everyone! Still trying to get the hang of these here newfangled boards ...

Congratulations to dernwyn, Earl, and entmaiden! Have fun with it all.

Leto

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 4:25pm

Post #304 of 399 (755 views)
Shortcut
It is a delight for me to see this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have always loved your thoughts concerning spiritual/philosophical matters. I just wish you could share more and not less as time passes by. I do value it.

But i will also take delight in your continuance to 'Follow your Bliss'. You did very well and i am happy for you.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 5:45pm

Post #305 of 399 (771 views)
Shortcut
ON ANOTHER NOTE, there is a birthday in the family. [In reply to] Can't Post

Master sil, or strider if you will, will be 14 years of age tomorrow. Many of you know him. My wife and i as parents feel very fortunate to have a son that is very outgoing, gentle, kind, and of high moral value.

Please forgive the reminiscences of a father but i remember the nights i stayed in the hospital in that chair due to the a very difficult birth of my wife's first pregnancy and the beautiful 1st sight of my son arising from the C-section. I remember talking to him right after that under the french fry/small fry(infant) warming light all wrapped up like a mummy with that little beanie on. As parents yourselves as many of you are, can understand such blissful moments that will be indelible until we pass over that sea.

An older photo and the two latest photos of him, if you will indulge me, are a time early on upon finding our Anom Hen at age 7, and then from the project he helped me with to cut, split, move, load, unload, move to the back; many boat loads of wood such as this to the camp from another area up the pond. And the other one is from him winning the fun run at the high school where anyone in the town could participate up to eight grade. It was a gas because there was host of cheerleaders and band members celebrating all finishers at the end.

Thank you.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Mar
Gondor

Nov 13 2010, 6:03pm

Post #306 of 399 (777 views)
Shortcut
Glad to be here....Looks as though [In reply to] Can't Post

you've taken some nice steps up the ladder here! Congrats and thanks for all you do for the boards. {{Hugs}}

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 13 2010, 6:06pm

Post #307 of 399 (751 views)
Shortcut
i often come here just to see what you are up to! // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Mar
Gondor

Nov 13 2010, 6:08pm

Post #308 of 399 (752 views)
Shortcut
Love this walk down Memory Lane with you all! // [In reply to] Can't Post

silneldor
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 6:19pm

Post #309 of 399 (756 views)
Shortcut
Right the first time. [In reply to] Can't Post

I happened to be at a mall, had my camera for some reason, and ran over to the edge to catch this from the rise. I like this photo a lot too. Thanks

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 6:23pm

Post #310 of 399 (750 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday, young Sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

My birthday is a couple days later - it's great to be a Scorpio!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 13 2010, 6:23pm

Post #311 of 399 (758 views)
Shortcut
Great to see you again, Uftie!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 6:52pm

Post #312 of 399 (740 views)
Shortcut
Hey there, Ll! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've missed you too. Smile

Nice that you could drop by and say hello, and here's hoping life is being very, very good to you.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 6:53pm

Post #313 of 399 (782 views)
Shortcut
Trust an orc to speak in all-caps. [In reply to] Can't Post

Although the 'whilst' is new...

Cool

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 13 2010, 6:54pm

Post #314 of 399 (734 views)
Shortcut
It's good to see you here Leto! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 6:55pm

Post #315 of 399 (749 views)
Shortcut
You must be so proud! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats on the milestone, Annael! You have such a passion for this, the next phase will go faster than you think. Our loss if it takes you away more, but so worth the gain. Smile

*clink*

Happy celebrating!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:00pm

Post #316 of 399 (794 views)
Shortcut
Woah! Paige? Is that you? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was resigned to thinking your boat had sailed for the duration (you probably thought so too, lol). It's SO VERY NICE to see you here! It's been forever, so I hope everything is going well in RL. Here's hoping you stay and catch us up a bit, and/or come back more often. Smile

I'll have a pint with you to celebrate your return!

*clink*

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:07pm

Post #317 of 399 (793 views)
Shortcut
OMG - houndrock!! Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

This homecoming Fiesta just gets better and better. Smile

Yes, there would be hundreds of new names from your perspective. But the 'oldie' names are still cherished here, along with the new. I dearly hope you can make it back here more often. You're missed!

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:16pm

Post #318 of 399 (765 views)
Shortcut
*Flying tackle hug!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Yesssss!!!

Greetings, dear! I was so hoping you might be one of the 'oldies' to drop by. The bar is always open for you, my friend (don't tell anyone, but it's usually open all weekend after Fiesta, too - just untended - oops, I probably shouldn't have said that). Laugh

I do hope RL is being especially good to you and selfishly hope that you can carve out a bit of your time to visit us more often. You're missed. Smile

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:18pm

Post #319 of 399 (777 views)
Shortcut
Hello, Sandicomm, and welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your thesis, huh? Well, no wonder we haven't seen you around here as much as we'd like. Congrats on being all grown up and reaching for the stars!

You know there's always a place for you in the Fiesta hall (and elsewhere) whenever you get the chance to peek in. Smile

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:25pm

Post #320 of 399 (746 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic to see you, Reera! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you 1) got the word and 2) followed the instructions. Laugh

Warm greetings to you, too. IIRC, real life, your website, etc. keeps you busy, busy. Here's hoping that's all going extremely well for you and that you find the time to click on that old TORn link a bit more often. We'd love to see you around more. Smile

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:28pm

Post #321 of 399 (747 views)
Shortcut
Another flying tackle hug! [In reply to] Can't Post

I tell you, it's going to take days to recover from this Fiesta, but it will be worth it!

Yay! Yay! and triple yay that you stopped by, dear. Smile It's always a pleasure to see you when you get the chance to pop in. I hope to get the chance to see you in person in NYC in about 11 months. Until then, take the best care of yourself and come see us here more often. We miss you dearly.

*another big hug* Heart

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:31pm

Post #322 of 399 (747 views)
Shortcut
Welcome Home, LR! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's people like you stopping in to say hello that keep me motivated to keep doing this Homecoming thread each year. I'd do one more often if I thought it would mean seeing you more. Smile

It sounds like RL is treating you well (have fun at lunch) and hope you have lots of joy in your life. You mean the world to us too.

*hugs* and may your next visit be soon. Heart

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Nov 13 2010, 7:33pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:36pm

Post #323 of 399 (742 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back, Rain Queen [In reply to] Can't Post

*waves back*

It's been FAR too long, if you ask me. Smile

It would be lovely to see you around more. Glad the Hobbit news may be luring you back to us. Hope to see you around more and more.

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:44pm

Post #324 of 399 (742 views)
Shortcut
Great to see you here, Vidstige! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's always a comfy chair by the fireplace reserved just for you. Smile

I hope you have a great weekend and keep coming back to visit us from time to time.

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Nov 13 2010, 7:54pm

Post #325 of 399 (772 views)
Shortcut
*Bows to the original Fiesta bartender* Welcome back Aelric! [In reply to] Can't Post

*points to plaque of honor over the bar* Oops! *hastily replaces pic of Aelric with plaque of honor* Someone 'accidentally' hung that pic of your embarassing incident involving a broken beer-spraying keg and several soaked elf maidens ... (*cough* family board Wink).

Yes, the keys to the bar have lovingly been handed down from you to Inferno, to Nimrodel and now to me and my trusty substitute barkeeps: gramma, Eventides and dernwyn. So the tradition definitely lives on!

It's so nice to see you in the Fiesta bar again, as well an anywhere around the boards.

All the best! SmileHeart

TORn Calendar

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.