Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's the Weekly Caption Contest!

LiJuun
The Shire

Feb 22 2007, 5:21am

Views: 611
Shortcut
It's the Weekly Caption Contest! Can't Post

I haven't been here much. OK, hardly at all. I'm really swamped with work, and it's going to take me some time to accept and get used to these new boards. I miss you guys so much, and it nearly made me cry when I saw that gramma had started a pants thread (bless her!) over at the old place. I'm having more trouble than I expected getting over it, but I will make an effort, because I love you guys so much!

Anyway, since I haven't been around, I'm not sure if we're still doing weekly threads like we used to. I'm going to try to spend some time here this weekend and see if there is any new protocol, but in the meantime I'm just going to plow ahead like I always have done. Once again, however, I'm using a pic that I have no idea who submitted. Probably Linners or Alassea Eruvande or Hot Water Nobility, but I can't really be sure which one it was. It's nice to know that some things never change, though, isn't it? Wink But I am trying to remember to always record who sent in the pic, though. I'm running low on pics, everyone, so send me your submissions! Anyway, I give you this week's submission for the Caption Contest:

Return of the Punspace:
Coup de grace -- French for lawnmower
(You can thank Aerlinn for that.)

Subject User Time
It's the Weekly Caption Contest! LiJuun Send a private message to LiJuun Feb 22 2007, 5:21am
    The Elves had not forgotten their old alliance -- but they HAD forgotten to bring enough shampoo for everyone squire Send a private message to squire Feb 22 2007, 5:36am
    "The boys all resented having their battle on the playground interrupted for the class picture." Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Feb 22 2007, 5:37am
    Everyone was made to stand on the naughty step until the cookie thief owned up. / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 22 2007, 6:14am
    Now boys, that's not how you play monkey in the middle! linkin-artelf Send a private message to linkin-artelf Feb 22 2007, 7:23am
    We are the Knights who say, "Neeeee!" Noneoftheabove Send a private message to Noneoftheabove Feb 22 2007, 7:25am
    Gimli: Hey, Leggy. Could you get me another box? YodatheHobbit Send a private message to YodatheHobbit Feb 22 2007, 7:49am
        ... looks at the 'bender' in the corner .... Elven Send a private message to Elven Feb 22 2007, 8:04am
    Viggo: "Come on, it's just a severed hand! All we need is some superglue. Let's finish this scene..." hot water nobility Send a private message to hot water nobility Feb 22 2007, 8:12am
        It's only a scratch. Come fight me, you chickenů Timbo_mbadil Send a private message to Timbo_mbadil Feb 23 2007, 9:37pm
    Theoden was slightly irked that Denethor wouldn't let his friends attend Boromir's 21st birthday party (NT) Penthe Send a private message to Penthe Feb 22 2007, 8:55am
    {{LiJuun}} The Ice Cream line waits patiently as Helm digs at the hard tub of Rocky Road. grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 22 2007, 9:40am
    Typical. Kings and wannabees posing for cameras causes a traffic jam. grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 22 2007, 9:57am
        The new 'short back and sides for hygiene' haircut rule was not universally welcomed in Helm's deep Greenwood Hobbit Send a private message to Greenwood Hobbit Feb 22 2007, 10:13am
    Waiting for the first pot of coffee to brew takes a great deal of patience. (nt) dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Feb 22 2007, 12:20pm
    alright, beauty contestants... mawguy Send a private message to mawguy Feb 22 2007, 1:32pm
    Perhaps the foul smell of the Uruk-hai was not alone in breaching the walls of Helms Deep! Shadowfaxfan Send a private message to Shadowfaxfan Feb 22 2007, 1:39pm
    If you want to make the Hobbit without PJ, you're gonna have to get past US! \ NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Feb 22 2007, 1:51pm
        *high five!* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 22 2007, 3:25pm
    The Rohan University Glee Club wasn't very. / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 22 2007, 2:10pm
    As Eowyn showered before the battle, the men of Rohan fell silent. Owlyross Send a private message to Owlyross Feb 22 2007, 2:12pm
        *mods up* Advising Elf Send a private message to Advising Elf Feb 22 2007, 9:47pm
    More French punnery: L. Ron Halfelven Send a private message to L. Ron Halfelven Feb 22 2007, 2:40pm
    "Okay, who's first? I'll take the guy in the brown dress."/ FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Feb 22 2007, 2:47pm
    The latest group of applicants for Middle Earth's Top Model didn't look too promising./NT Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Feb 22 2007, 3:50pm
    Simon Says look dour...Simon Says put your hands at your sides...GOTCHA Aragorn! Farawyn Send a private message to Farawyn Feb 22 2007, 3:56pm
    It took 23 group photo attempts before Hadlof finally stopped making "rabbit ears" behind Gimli's head Annael Send a private message to Annael Feb 22 2007, 3:59pm
    I said, "Say Cheese!"/ Morwen Send a private message to Morwen Feb 22 2007, 4:14pm
        Das right Foo'- don't even think 'bout messy with the O Rho Posse teddiwen Send a private message to teddiwen Feb 22 2007, 7:47pm
    During the Superbowl commercials.... / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 22 2007, 4:23pm
    The Boys from the Hood Ettelewen Send a private message to Ettelewen Feb 22 2007, 4:24pm
    For some reason the boys' rendition of The Whiffenpoof Song didn't help raise spirits. / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 22 2007, 4:36pm
        Baa, baa, baa. /nt N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Feb 22 2007, 8:49pm
            "..Rohirrim songsters on a spree..." / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 23 2007, 1:07am
    What? I just said this looks like Macbeth. It's bad luck to say Macbeth? That's silly! Macbeth, Macbeth, Macbeth. See, nothing happened! I could do this all day. Macbeth, Macbeth ... Curious Send a private message to Curious Feb 22 2007, 4:59pm
    Who's going to shout out that somethings missing??!! Gimli? Aragorn? who knows... elvenhobbit Send a private message to elvenhobbit Feb 22 2007, 5:21pm
    "...and give a big hand for our contestants! Next up in the Mr. Rohan Pageant, the swimsuit competition!!" / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 22 2007, 5:48pm
    "So long, farewell..." Elanor Send a private message to Elanor Feb 22 2007, 6:26pm
        Followed by Arwen's "Sixteen centuries, going on seventeen...." Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 23 2007, 7:43pm
    Anyone remember where we parked the horses? [nt] Advising Elf Send a private message to Advising Elf Feb 22 2007, 6:38pm
    the elves news of the new torn boards was greeted with some suspicion (n/t) Ciars Send a private message to Ciars Feb 22 2007, 7:04pm
    *orchestra begins playing* "A pretty girrrrrl! Is like a mell-ooo-deee!" orcmeat Send a private message to orcmeat Feb 22 2007, 8:09pm
    Scene from Bob Shaye's LOTR prequel, "Night of the Rohan Dead" / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 22 2007, 8:13pm
    As an extra, I sang: "I speak Rohirric and I'm okay / I sleep all night, I work all day / I ride a horse. I skip and jump. / I like to press wild flowers. / I put on women's clothing / And hang around in bars." Then I took this picture. Curious Send a private message to Curious Feb 22 2007, 9:01pm
    Lots of male today! Thanks for all the guards and sweat-ers! / weaver Send a private message to weaver Feb 22 2007, 10:02pm
    No way, mate. We're pretty sure we ordered tuna with extra onions Timbo_mbadil Send a private message to Timbo_mbadil Feb 22 2007, 10:07pm
    "Own up now..." Elanor Send a private message to Elanor Feb 22 2007, 10:49pm
    "We represent the Lollipop Guild..." NT ringhead91 Send a private message to ringhead91 Feb 23 2007, 1:15am
    Theoden and his men react to the appearance of Arwen at Helm's Deep./ luinfalathiel Send a private message to luinfalathiel Feb 23 2007, 1:59am
        Nice! / NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Feb 23 2007, 12:47pm
    Theoden and his men react to the caption competition / Tampa Phil Send a private message to Tampa Phil Feb 23 2007, 2:47am
    Figwit who? hXqiU3nDf Feb 23 2007, 4:30am
    Its from West Side Story, so sing, "When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way!" -/NT SandWitch King Send a private message to SandWitch King Feb 23 2007, 7:47pm
        I want to live in Lothlorien Annael Send a private message to Annael Feb 23 2007, 8:19pm
            Legolas: Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 23 2007, 9:40pm
    Ok, now let's see everyone's serious faces...hey you in the back! Eyes up front! / Foe Send a private message to Foe Feb 23 2007, 8:18pm
    Where's my spanking stick? Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Feb 24 2007, 5:04am
    Wups... stop the fart-noise contest! Everybody look tough! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 24 2007, 12:32pm
        Mwaha gramma! Elven Send a private message to Elven Feb 25 2007, 1:10am
    He's NOT the King of Gondor .... Elven Send a private message to Elven Feb 24 2007, 7:29pm
    Mourning the old boards' demise. Tail-Kinker Send a private message to Tail-Kinker Feb 26 2007, 7:51pm
    Mrs. Hillman's, 3rd grade, 40th year anniversary party. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 3 2007, 4:16am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.