Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
what awaits us in the next TWO YEARS?

Silmaril
Lorien

Nov 10 2010, 1:54pm

Post #1 of 11 (472 views)
Shortcut
what awaits us in the next TWO YEARS? Can't Post

now that almost everything is on track (i'm still waiting for an official confirmation of ian mckellen, andy serkis, hugo weaving, cate blanchett and howard shore), it is getting more quiet. so what awaits us until the movies will hit the theaters in december 2012?
i did not follow the time when the THE LORD OF THE RINGS films were made. what happened in this time? will it be similar for THE HOBBIT movies?

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2010, 2:06pm

Post #2 of 11 (282 views)
Shortcut
We can expect a constant trickle [In reply to] Can't Post

of information and set pics to be leaked while the films are being shot. There will be lots of angst and nerd-rage as we dissect and debate every tiny little scrap of information we can get our hands on. It will be fun. Evil

shadowdog
Rohan

Nov 10 2010, 2:27pm

Post #3 of 11 (244 views)
Shortcut
I hope so [In reply to] Can't Post

I also missed all the fun during the filming of LoTRs.

Silmaril
Lorien

Nov 10 2010, 2:55pm

Post #4 of 11 (215 views)
Shortcut
It will be fun [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds great. thanks!

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2010, 2:56pm

Post #5 of 11 (226 views)
Shortcut
So did I. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm basing my expectations on non-Tolkien films whose development I've previously followed online.

mcmojo
The Shire

Nov 10 2010, 3:23pm

Post #6 of 11 (220 views)
Shortcut
I was there... [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't miss it for LOTR and let me say, it was some of the most fun I have ever had. I followed those films from the very beginning - back when Miramax was making the two films. It was a roller coaster ride of emotions. Now that we have the uncertain days out of the way, the rest of this should be a lot of fun. Enjoy the ride folks!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 10 2010, 5:44pm

Post #7 of 11 (187 views)
Shortcut
Anticipation, wild theories, pining and staunch defence of the book [In reply to] Can't Post

channelled into parody gold.

I see Idril's already put a stake in the ground. :D

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Allanon
The Shire

Nov 10 2010, 6:59pm

Post #8 of 11 (177 views)
Shortcut
Production Diaries [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully we will get some production diaries like they did for King Kong.

I'm going to San Diego Comic Con in 2012 and so I'm hoping there will be some preview footage on display there.

duats
Grey Havens

Nov 10 2010, 7:33pm

Post #9 of 11 (151 views)
Shortcut
This [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be absolutely thrilled if PJ gave us Hobbit production diaries. Those videos made the two-year wait for King Kong fly by in no time.

Owain
Tol Eressea

Nov 10 2010, 11:35pm

Post #10 of 11 (104 views)
Shortcut
I would like production diaries as well as long as... [In reply to] Can't Post

they don't reveal too much. For me part of the fun is going to see how they will adapt everything. Obviously we all know the story... so no spoilers there. I was at the King Kong world premiere in New York City and it was awesome! But I wish that they hadn't shown King Kong in the teasers and trailers. They hid Gollum so well in LOTR. I really hope they do the same with Smaug.

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 11 2010, 2:32am

Post #11 of 11 (117 views)
Shortcut
Maybe they'll let me film the production diaries as part of my graduation thesis... thing [In reply to] Can't Post

*ridiculously optimistic*

*won't even be in NZ until 2012*

*my school doesn't even have a film major- yet!*

*asterisks*

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

Photobucket
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.