Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Back on the old boards someone posted pics of pages from Saruman's book.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Jun 21 2007, 5:13pm

Post #1 of 4 (224 views)
Shortcut
Back on the old boards someone posted pics of pages from Saruman's book. Can't Post

They posted 6 pics of 2 page spreads of Saruman's book from the films.

Who was that?

I'm adding them to my Yahoo!Group and I want to give proper credit.

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jun 21 2007, 5:39pm

Post #2 of 4 (166 views)
Shortcut
Arevanye (Dec. 28, 2004). [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't open the link to that 30-month old post on Main, but this should be it. The post was titled "ROTK EE DVD Exclusive Content - Saruman's Book, Pages 1 - 6".

(ShireRat77 chimed in with a translation, which I saved.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discuss The Children of Húrin in the Reading Room, June 11-October 14.

Advising Elf
Rohan

Jun 21 2007, 7:31pm

Post #3 of 4 (152 views)
Shortcut
Mucho grassyass, N.E.B. [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the images, I just want to credit Arevanye when I post them on my group, which I recommend to you also. Besides some cool images, there are a couple of documents of interest.

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/

Urambo Tauro
Rivendell

Jun 30 2007, 10:37pm

Post #4 of 4 (108 views)
Shortcut
re: [In reply to] Can't Post

Those images originally came from the DVD-exclusive website; you had to use a DVD-ROM drive to access it. I've had some trouble getting there, though. If you can manage to access the site, you may want to save some of the images on your hard-drive.

There are 7 images of the book, each showing two pages. The original prop had more, though. For instance, the site does not include the descirption of the Ring of Barahir.

It's nice to see that someone else has been working on translating the text! I've been compiling my own translation in this thread.

(This post was edited by Urambo Tauro on Jun 30 2007, 10:40pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.