Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Stays in New Zealand!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

maut
Rivendell

Oct 27 2010, 10:22am

Post #251 of 364 (11929 views)
Shortcut
Yes, "Trust PJ"- [In reply to] Can't Post

is a kinda motto for fansSmile

Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep and caverns old

We must away ere break of day

To seek the pale enchanted gold.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2010, 10:22am

Post #252 of 364 (11932 views)
Shortcut
Oh my!... *Wiping tears of joy and laughing at the same time* // [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Samuel Walters
Bree

Oct 27 2010, 10:31am

Post #253 of 364 (12035 views)
Shortcut
CONGRATULATIONS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Fantastic news! Not just for us as movie fans, but for the thousands of Kiwi film workers whose livelihoods are a bit more certain today!

Dauntlessmedia.net: Reviews and analysis of modern media (Star Trek, BSG, Lost, LOTR, etc.)

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Oct 27 2010, 10:32am

Post #254 of 364 (12211 views)
Shortcut
I think the ole' classic standby still applies. [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket
<<< There is a long road yet >>>

maut
Rivendell

Oct 27 2010, 10:35am

Post #255 of 364 (11873 views)
Shortcut
Yes it does! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thats make me happy!
Ah, what a nice day!

Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep and caverns old

We must away ere break of day

To seek the pale enchanted gold.

Argyris_Panagis

Oct 27 2010, 10:39am

Post #256 of 364 (12194 views)
Shortcut
finally!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello form Greece....that's great news...I hope the cast and the production would be as great as LOTR....i think PJ is working on that....

Pete
Bree

Oct 27 2010, 11:13am

Post #257 of 364 (11922 views)
Shortcut
I'm so excited! I just made this video to commemorate!!! Wooo!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This scene has always given me chills, and so did this news... so it's a good match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZZJOxhQYZM

"A Hobbits Tale"

Morpheus89x

Oct 27 2010, 11:20am

Post #258 of 364 (12086 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Stays in New Zealnd!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

YEAH-HAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Finally a little bit luck, Mr. Frodo - or should I say Mr. Bilbo ;-)

This is the best news in weeks!

So, let the spectacles begin!!

ShawnMR
The Shire

Oct 27 2010, 11:30am

Post #259 of 364 (11996 views)
Shortcut
Happy, happy, joy, joy!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Strap on your dancin' shoes, boys and girls...we're going back to Middle Earth!!!

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2010, 11:52am

Post #260 of 364 (12051 views)
Shortcut
I'm just glad this ugliness is over. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully another contrived obstacle won't pop up and delay The Hobbit yet again.

sphdle1
Gondor

Oct 27 2010, 12:13pm

Post #261 of 364 (11910 views)
Shortcut
Great News ... I'm actually not that surprised [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have been shocked the other way around...and I still think their plan is to utilize the Harry Potter locations in the UK for a few scenes, when scheduling warrants it for Freeman and others.

sphdle1
Gondor

Oct 27 2010, 12:25pm

Post #262 of 364 (12021 views)
Shortcut
The floodgates have opened wide [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything seems to be just...good news now. Remember way back when ( a few hours ago) everything was gloom and doom? Wink

Congrats on being the first to post Martin Freeman idea on TORn! The first time I heard him and a few others mentioned for Bilbo was on IMDB, so at that time (2008) I checked them out and right away I knew that Freeman was Bilbo ... Now I can breathe knowing he will be playing the part. I had posts removed because I had too many pics of Freeman showing how much he looked like a younger Holm. When I checked out his acting the real light bulb moment came, as I recall seeing him in Love Actually, especially one of the last scenes where he jumps off the steps and walks to his left...it was Bilbo without hairy feet! I could not understand why most people in polls were favoring McAvoy...maybe because he was more well known in the movie industry?..but he looked and acted nothing resembling Bilbo.

Anyway this is a good day to celebrate...! Cool

sphdle1
Gondor

Oct 27 2010, 12:38pm

Post #263 of 364 (12090 views)
Shortcut
About as drunk as Bilbo on his 111th birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

sphdle1
Gondor

Oct 27 2010, 12:49pm

Post #264 of 364 (11957 views)
Shortcut
Good article - Smart move with the sweeteners [In reply to] Can't Post

"Key also announced a sweetener aimed at making it more attractive for other production companies, along with Warners, to film in New Zealand."

This is smart to use this opportunity to completely turn things around and make it more attractive to film in NZ than before, while they have everyone (studios) watching.

Plus the way it sounds with the tourism thing, they may just have the largest theme park in the world...the size on NZ.Cool

nobofthepony
Lorien

Oct 27 2010, 12:50pm

Post #265 of 364 (11996 views)
Shortcut
EUCATASTROPHE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is much better than I dared to hope! PJ directing, made in New Zealand, WETA doing their thing...no "what ifs" or regrets. It's going to be a GREAT 2 years with spy reports, etc. Can't wait...I DO think PJ should take two weeks and just SLEEP - he's got to be completely drained by now.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2010, 12:54pm

Post #266 of 364 (11893 views)
Shortcut
thank GOD indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

nobofthepony
Lorien

Oct 27 2010, 12:54pm

Post #267 of 364 (11871 views)
Shortcut
documentary on the making of The Hobbit? [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope someone's filming behind the scenes...I think they could release a documentary on the making of the hobbit that would be just as exciting as the film itself! And with a happy ending!! Just think about the looooong road to get to this point...

Lord Maegmoth
The Shire

Oct 27 2010, 1:00pm

Post #268 of 364 (11924 views)
Shortcut
Not unexpected. [In reply to] Can't Post

Never expected anything less (as previously mentioned).

The past few weeks have been deplorable, the crass negativity and nauseating political posturing being beyond comprehension. Rather unbecoming, really.
Now, with this reeking unpleasantness relegated to history (hopefully), Sir PJ can be permitted to do what he does best. Something to look forward to at last.

More casting announcements, please!

Gandalf'sMother
Rohan

Oct 27 2010, 1:04pm

Post #269 of 364 (11835 views)
Shortcut
At what cost? [In reply to] Can't Post

The MEAA and NZAE committed a tactical blunder of unprecedented proportions by precipitating a move for legislation that will further strip workers of their rights. The clarification of employees vs. independent contractors will now ensure that even if someone is, in practice, an employee, a mere label can fix them as independent contractors, thereby stripping them of their rights.

Warners has strong-armed the New Zealand government in one of the most unprecedented displays of corporate power over government that I have seen in a long time.

And we are pleased as punch because our little movie gets to be made in New Zealand. This deal has serious long-term consequences for people across the country - primarily consequences that benefit only the studios - and we are expected to celebrate in the streets?

The amazing one-sidedness being displayed by the media on this issue is vomit-inducing.

Xoanon
PTB

Oct 27 2010, 1:05pm

Post #270 of 364 (11852 views)
Shortcut
Simply to Say [In reply to] Can't Post

YAY!!!

Michael Regina
Editor in Chief/Segment Producer
PH: 514.947.5221
http://www.TheOneRing.net
http://www.KongisKing.net
http://www.TheOneLion.net
http://www.gallifreyone.com

the_argonath
Lorien

Oct 27 2010, 1:08pm

Post #271 of 364 (11875 views)
Shortcut
*huge sigh of relief!* [In reply to] Can't Post

And now all is right with the world!!
*breaks out the ale*
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

And so it begins...

Elven
Valinor

Oct 27 2010, 1:09pm

Post #272 of 364 (11928 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely ... [In reply to] Can't Post

and look! The Caterers have come back - and now there's seed cake and ale for everyone - not a cheese sandwich in site - they've been taken off the menu seeing that they were more dressing than substance with no nutritional value what so ever Wink

Ive got a party hat for you Kangi and a plate and glass.

Laugh

Zizix
Rivendell

Oct 27 2010, 1:09pm

Post #273 of 364 (12039 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I saw it happen any other way... but still WOOHOO! Congratulations to Peter, his team, and New Zealand.
Now finally they can really start up right? Right?

Elven
Valinor

Oct 27 2010, 1:11pm

Post #274 of 364 (11950 views)
Shortcut
ROFLMAO!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2010, 1:12pm

Post #275 of 364 (11906 views)
Shortcut
YEEEAAAHHH!!! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The MEAA and NZAE committed a tactical blunder of unprecedented proportions by precipitating a move for legislation that will further strip workers of their rights. The clarification of employees vs. independent contractors will now ensure that even if someone is, in practice, an employee, a mere label can fix them as independent contractors, thereby stripping them of their rights.

Warners has strong-armed the New Zealand government in one of the most unprecedented displays of corporate power over government that I have seen in a long time.

And we are pleased as punch because our little movie gets to be made in New Zealand. This deal has serious long-term consequences for people across the country - primarily consequences that benefit only the studios - and we are expected to celebrate in the streets?

The amazing one-sidedness being displayed by the media on this issue is vomit-inducing.

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.