Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
A Knight of Dol Amroth

Imrahil

Oct 25 2010, 4:14am

Post #1 of 11 (654 views)
Shortcut
A Knight of Dol Amroth Can't Post

I searched for an artist to bring my character to life. This is my character from the long running MUD game, "The Two Towers". I think he did a fantastic job based on email descriptions only!!

He is a Knight of Dol Amroth. The Knights of Dol Amroth, Belfalas were featured prominently in the war of the ring. Sadly, they played no role in the movies. Their story and rich history and lineage to Numenor is worth reading up on. They are described in incredible detail by Tolkien if only briefly.

Here is Frenadul Brondon, Knight of Dol Amroth, in service to Prince Imrahil, and all of Gondor.

http://www.flickr.com/...efacundo/5112825921/

Richie Rich
Rivendell

Oct 25 2010, 4:26am

Post #2 of 11 (377 views)
Shortcut
I wish I could see it, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately, the image doesn't work, and Flickr says: "Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo."

(This post was edited by Richie Rich on Oct 25 2010, 4:26am)

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 25 2010, 4:26am

Post #3 of 11 (389 views)
Shortcut
for some reason, when I try to follow the link... [In reply to] Can't Post

it wants me to sign into my yahoo account. Is flickr associated with yahoo? If so, is your flickr account set to private?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Richie Rich
Rivendell

Oct 25 2010, 4:27am

Post #4 of 11 (385 views)
Shortcut
Pssst [In reply to] Can't Post

(Hey Magpie, I love your new avatar; it's got a nice Halloween vibe to it!)

(This post was edited by Richie Rich on Oct 25 2010, 4:28am)

Imrahil

Oct 25 2010, 4:40am

Post #5 of 11 (381 views)
Shortcut
Picture is available now [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry all. I've removed all the required permissions to view the picture.

I wasn't able to upload one directly due to size limits.

The link should work now. Interested what you think of the picture and any thoughts on Dol Amroth, Imrahil, the Knights from the books as well.

Cheers!

PS: the guy who did this drawing for me is a bigtime artist now.
His site is linked here:
http://www.svenbybee.com/

Richie Rich
Rivendell

Oct 25 2010, 4:47am

Post #6 of 11 (525 views)
Shortcut
Incredible [In reply to] Can't Post

That is an amazing work of art, your friend has an incredible talent. I also think it's fantastic that you have chosen to "flesh out" a seemingly minor aspect of Tolkien Lore. Have you written any fanfics involving this?

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 25 2010, 1:59pm

Post #7 of 11 (405 views)
Shortcut
it's one in a series... [In reply to] Can't Post

and Richie Rich was one of the comics I read when I was a kid.

I have a lot of avatars. So many a request went up for a gallery of them. See link in footer. See if you can determine the ones for special days.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 25 2010, 1:59pm)

Richie Rich
Rivendell

Oct 25 2010, 7:40pm

Post #8 of 11 (445 views)
Shortcut
Holy cow [In reply to] Can't Post

That's quite a collection you've got there! Okay, so the Nightmare Before Christmas one is by far my favorite. Laugh

Eruonen
Half-elven

Oct 26 2010, 3:55pm

Post #9 of 11 (406 views)
Shortcut
Great drawing! I too was intrigued by the Dol Amroth population with [In reply to] Can't Post

Prince Imrahil having some elven blood in his veins....it would have been great to see those banners with the Silver swan-prowed ship on a blue field.

Sven Bybee...an first rate artist! Great stuff.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Oct 26 2010, 3:59pm)

Imrahil

Oct 29 2010, 6:53am

Post #10 of 11 (361 views)
Shortcut
Wouldn't it though! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would have been amazing to see the dire faces on the residents and warriors of Minas Tirith as Imrahil and his host of grey eye'd knights entered the gates or took up positions on the pelennor field.
500 heavy horses carrying tall, proud warriors with silver on blue capes and drapement. Banners stiff in the breeze each with the ship and silver swan.

To see them all fighting alongside the warriors of Rohan and what free peoples took up arms in defense of the white city.

Whew! Man, I should write a little fan fiction :)

(This post was edited by Imrahil on Oct 29 2010, 6:55am)

Imrahil

Oct 29 2010, 7:05am

Post #11 of 11 (682 views)
Shortcut
There is a story in here....one that needs telling! [In reply to] Can't Post

Imrahil, son of Prince Adrahil II, was born in year 2955 of the Third Age. He had two older sisters. The eldest was Ivriniel (born T.A. 2947) and the next eldest was Finduilas.
During the War of the Ring, Prince Imrahil led a company of Swan Knights and 700 men at arms to Minas Tirith to help defend the City. Prince Imrahil led the sortie that rode to the aid of Faramir and the rear-guard retreating from Osgiliath. During the siege of Minas Tirith he assisted Gandalf in leading the city's defence. Imrahil was the first to notice that Éowyn of Rohan had not been slain in the battle and he sent to the City for help. Soon after, Éomer and his Riders were outnumbered, and Imrahil rode to their aid.

After the Battle of Pelennor Field Imrahil recognized that Aragorn was the rightful King of Gondor, but he agreed that it was wise for Aragorn to wait to enter the city, because his brother-in-law Denethor was strong-willed and proud. When Imrahil learned that Denethor was dead and Faramir dying, he suggested that Aragorn be summoned, remembering that the Kings of old were great healers. Though he entered the city as a healer Aragorn did not wish to contest the kingship during the war and Imrahil ruled Minas Tirith in the days after the siege had ended.
Imrahil and his knights marched with the Captains of the North to attack Mordor, but was concerned that the city should not be left unprotected while they were on campaign and ensured a large force was left behind to protect it. During the march toward Mordor the heralds of the army announced the coming of King Elessar at Imrahil's suggestion. When Sauron's forces emerged from the Black Gate, Imrahil stood on the front line with his men in the Battle of the Morannon.

Prince Imrahil was present at the celebrations of the field of Cormallen, and the coronation of Aragorn as King Elessar, and rode with the funeral procession of King Théoden to Rohan, remaining in Edoras after the King's burial. Imrahil and Éomer became great friends, and in T.A. 3021 Éomer wed Imrahil's daughter Lothíriel.
After the War of the Ring, Prince Imrahil and his nephew Faramir, Steward of Gondor, were King Elessar's chief commanders. Imrahil was also part of the Great Council of Gondor, and remained an advisor of the King.
Prince Imrahil died in the year F.A. 34, and was succeeded by his eldest son Elphir, who continued the line of Princes.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.