Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Press Release from New Line/Warner Bros.: OSCAR WINNER PETER JACKSON TO DIRECT "THE HOBBIT" IN TWO INSTALLMENTS
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

duats
Grey Havens

Oct 17 2010, 7:31pm

Post #126 of 134 (1127 views)
Shortcut
That's my line of thinking [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I certainly hope Jackson doesn't change it. And I don't think he will... he seemed to like GdT's style enough to select him as the director for The Hobbit, so the odds are if GdT really loves the design, Jackson should too (especially since he, John Howe and Alan Lee presumably had some input on it).

GDT said he was 110% happy with Smaug, and I believe he also said it was the design that they (GDT, PJ, Alan Lee, John Howe, Mike Mignola) spent the most time on. I'm sure they were going for nothing less than perfection with the design. I just hope PJ is as happy with it as GDT was.

(This post was edited by duats on Oct 17 2010, 7:33pm)

the_argonath
Lorien

Oct 17 2010, 9:24pm

Post #127 of 134 (1143 views)
Shortcut
I assume... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that GdT quit TH because of time restraints, so he won't be able to have much more of an input due to his new commitments? Like people have said, he'll probably be contacted re. any changes or major decisions but since he no longer holds the main post I don't think it's overly necessary....
In other news, I'm still jumping for joy, and having PJ confirmed as director is the greatest news I've heard (after the greenlight business) Laugh
In honour, I'm digging out my 'there and back again' t-shirt for tomorrow Smile

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

Analeewyn
Lorien

Oct 18 2010, 5:39am

Post #128 of 134 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Hey, I like that... [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Resident Cynic"...I would come up with one for Tim also, but I just can't get past his Avatar (which is one of my favs by the way). I just imagine him being just like his Avatar!

Analeewyn
Lorien

Oct 18 2010, 5:50am

Post #129 of 134 (1133 views)
Shortcut
I think I am gonna bring the dance over here Tim ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

"When they say I can't dance...well...I shall dance anyways" Laugh A little Joyful Dancing to brighten up the board, whatcha think? Tongue

We have a saying in our house, "The world always looks brighter from behind a smile Smile." ~Author Unknown

(This post was edited by Analeewyn on Oct 18 2010, 5:55am)

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Oct 18 2010, 9:04am

Post #130 of 134 (1065 views)
Shortcut
Cute!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Bird Brain

The Hobbit is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.

Photobucket

Owlyross
Rohan

Oct 18 2010, 10:31am

Post #131 of 134 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Hi *waves* [In reply to] Can't Post

I lurk for news as I don't have time to trawl the boards as I used to... Comes with having a little one!

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 18 2010, 12:03pm

Post #132 of 134 (1052 views)
Shortcut
I agree... those were my thoughts too :o) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 18 2010, 1:43pm

Post #133 of 134 (1052 views)
Shortcut
hey you... long time [In reply to] Can't Post

no see.

:-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Tim
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2010, 2:37pm

Post #134 of 134 (1158 views)
Shortcut
Ha ha! Groovy yellow person dance, I dig it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.