Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Any Extra Programs from The Two Towers at RCMH?

Blu Falcon
Bree

Oct 13 2010, 4:28pm

Post #1 of 8 (567 views)
Shortcut
Any Extra Programs from The Two Towers at RCMH? Can't Post

Considering we arrived to the show late due to traffic, I didn't have an opportunity to pick up a program for The Two Towers show at RCMH this past weekend. I didn't see anyone selling the program during the show, but noticed several people walking out of the concert hall with it in hand. I purchased one from The Fellowship of the Ring show last year, and would like to have one for this year's show as well. If anyone has an extra they're willing to sell please shoot me a PM and let me know. Thanks!

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." - Cormac McCarthy

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Oct 13 2010, 6:15pm

Post #2 of 8 (220 views)
Shortcut
they gave them away [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, yeah, this year it was a different thing from the last.

The ushers gave out free programs as they seated us. No one was selling them. I had asked when I went inside first thing.

(It was a smaller size format too, probably saved them on printing charges I guess as also the paper used was a thinner stock.)

You might call Radio City and ask if they have any programs left and if they might be available in their gift shop next door?

Good Luck!!

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2010, 8:22pm

Post #3 of 8 (206 views)
Shortcut
I was told they ran out on Friday night. [In reply to] Can't Post

I, too, was disappointed not to have at least gotten a free one. Last year they also had some nicer ones for sale.

TEAM MARTIN!

Glaurung63
Lorien

Oct 14 2010, 4:01am

Post #4 of 8 (210 views)
Shortcut
none on saturday [In reply to] Can't Post

I was surprised that I could not even buy a program for the show....maybe they didn't sell enough last year....and no free ones either....they had score cds and the book of the score, but I couldn't get any that night...

Evermind
The Shire

Oct 14 2010, 1:51pm

Post #5 of 8 (226 views)
Shortcut
We got a free program... [In reply to] Can't Post

My boyfriend materialized with a free program for us to share, but there were definitely not any of the big ones. I don't know who gave it to him, but I think he just grabbed it from a shelf by the door we were entering by on Orchestra level, but I know some people were also sitting in the same level and didn't get any. There mush have not been many!

Garfeimao
Rohan

Oct 14 2010, 10:33pm

Post #6 of 8 (197 views)
Shortcut
No programs for sale [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd asked at the sales kiosk and none were brought for sale, so this was definitely more of a budget operation, it seems. I didn't even notice the free smaller ones until the end of the show when I saw someone walking out with it, and by then, none of those were left either.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

My page in the Traveling Journal

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 15 2010, 4:44pm

Post #7 of 8 (194 views)
Shortcut
I was so bummed [In reply to] Can't Post

that they didn't have any this year, and I also got there too late for one of the smaller ones, but I did pick up a small TT poster with Howard Shore's autograph on it that I pre-ordered. RCMH sent out an announcement about 3 weeks before the concert saying that anyone who purchased their tickets in the next few weeks would get one of these posters. When I emailed them to protest (nicely) that those of us who purchased our tickets WAY early were missing out on a great promotion.

RCMH called me a few days later and said they'd mis-phrased the offer. They weren't "giving" the posters away, and anyone who wanted one could pay $10 then pick up the poster on show night. Rosie-with-the-ribbons and I both took advantage of that offer, we discovered after we arrived in NYC! It's a picture of the Two Towers Concert photo.

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

sara
Lorien

Oct 15 2010, 6:51pm

Post #8 of 8 (423 views)
Shortcut
We only got one to split between hubby and myself.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Close the door, put out the light.
You know they won't be home tonight.
The snow falls hard and don't you know?
The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
They're wearing steel that's bright and true
They carry news that must get through.

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.