The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
College Dorm Art

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

Oct 5 2010, 3:29pm

Post #1 of 8 (2079 views)
Shortcut
College Dorm Art Can't Post

I tried to upload some LOTR "art" that I've created on the white-board outside my dorm room at college, but I can't seem to get it down to size. Can anybody give me a (really) quick tutorial? Smile In the meantime, I'll try to explain it to you. I wrote "A Tribute To; Lord of the Rings" at the top, and then drew a picture of the White Tree of Gondor in the corner. I left a marker on the board so other guys on the hall can leave their "tribute," and so far I've already got a quote from Gandalf and a picture of Sting. Angelic

As a side-note of Geekiness, the name of my hall is "Long," and this afternoon my RA wrote "Hall Party @ 6" on my board. I Hobbit-ized it by changing it to read, "A Long (hall) Expected Party @ 6." Laugh Anyway, I thought it was funny.... Wink

"So knights are mythical!" said the younger and less experienced dragons. "We always thought so."

- J.R.R. Tolkien, "Farmer Giles of Ham"

Capall

Oct 8 2010, 1:06am

Post #2 of 8 (288 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha [In reply to] Can't Post

That is hilarious. I love it. As for downsizing the picture, I am not sure. You can always try uploading it picnik, and can resize it and re-save it there!

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

Oct 8 2010, 3:11am

Post #3 of 8 (330 views)
Shortcut
There we go! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the board in its current form:

The text above Frodo says, "I'm so ready to go to Mordor now. Thank you Toby!"
Gandalf in the tower is yelling, "Over here!" to some passing birds.
Under Darth Vader's helmet (don't ask Wink) are the lines, "One Force to rule them all, millions of Mitochondrians to bind it. One Jedi to balance it all, and in the lava lose it." CrazyTongue
In the top left of the board is where my RA announces parties, and in the top right is for Room Inspection (I had put "inspection!" up there, but it got changed to "infection!" Oh, the college life! Angelic)
So, that's the board as of Thursday! I'll keep y'all posted as the artwork unfolds...

"So knights are mythical!" said the younger and less experienced dragons. "We always thought so."

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Oct 8 2010, 3:14am

Post #4 of 8 (423 views)
Shortcut
Oh, that's good! // [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm the Geek the comic strip refers to.

A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Oct 10 2010, 2:33am

Post #5 of 8 (463 views)
Shortcut
That's good! [In reply to] Can't Post

What you can do with a white board! Cool Great work.

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2010, 4:18am

Post #6 of 8 (284 views)
Shortcut
speaking of dorms [In reply to] Can't Post

there are two (mainly) sophomore dorms on my campus, one of which I'm living in. They're often called the towers because they are 8 stories high, by far taller than any of the other dorms. So of course they're just begging to be called the Two Towers. Cool

The wide world is all about you:
you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out

You can only come to the morning through the shadows

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

Oct 13 2010, 12:15pm

Post #7 of 8 (293 views)
Shortcut
Haha...Very nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Every little bit helps when trying to elevate the mundane existence of college life into that of Myth. Wink haha...

film fanNo.7
Bree

Oct 14 2010, 2:05am

Post #8 of 8 (1798 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah! The wonders of the white board! Wink

You know you're cool when...
-You have a nerd-spasm just because you walk by your Lord of the Rings Extended Edition DVDs.
-You cry at the end of return of the king even though you've seen it about 13 times.
-You check TOR.n for updates when you should be doing your geography project.
-You would rather have Richard Taylor's autograph than Merryl Streep's.
-You doodle Treebeard in the margins of your math homework.
-Everything you say, or anyone else for that matter, relates to LotR even if it only makes sense to you.-by Gimli'sBox
But if that's what I'm like... well than too bad for normal people!

(This post was edited by film fanNo.7 on Oct 14 2010, 2:06am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.