The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Re: Billy Boyd Proposes His Cameo Role for ‘The Hobbit’

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 17 2010, 8:16am

Post #1 of 17 (781 views)
Shortcut
Re: Billy Boyd Proposes His Cameo Role for ‘The Hobbit’ Can't Post

Seeing this item appear on the main page, it might be worth mentioning that you can see and hear Billy Boyd actually talking about this here:

http://entertainment.stv.tv/...ppear-in-the-hobbit/

(I posted this in the 'Bilbo the Brave' thread on Monday, but it was probably the wrong place!)

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Sep 17 2010, 10:25am

Post #2 of 17 (420 views)
Shortcut
Good find, I saw it then. [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks to me like the reporter stalked him to his front door and waited for him to come outside or something. Billy looks like he just woke up, or he had a really long night and needed to get some milk for breakfast and this guy probably popped out of nowhere and ambushed him on the street.

Photobucket

Pre-Pre-production goes ever on and on...

animatechnica
The Shire

Sep 17 2010, 3:24pm

Post #3 of 17 (388 views)
Shortcut
link to LoTR [In reply to] Can't Post

it would a nice nostalgic move to have him back playing his character's da - but i wonder if they want to build a linkage to LoTR for the fans who haven't read the books might they tell a little back story of the other characters like Aragon? After all he grew up in Rivendell- might we get a glimpse of the younger version

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 17 2010, 7:18pm

Post #4 of 17 (315 views)
Shortcut
I hope they stick to the material contained or at least mentioned in The Hobbit. [In reply to] Can't Post

They can turn anyone into a goblin they want to but they do not need to turn this into the bridge film.

Kangi Ska

Make the Hobbit Happen Now!

Photobucket

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Sep 17 2010, 7:39pm

Post #5 of 17 (327 views)
Shortcut
Smiling but shaking my head [In reply to] Can't Post

As delightful as it is to see and hear Mr. Boyd talking about the possibility of playing Pippin's father in The Hobbit, it would be very distracting to see him in the movie in any role and it would detract from the experience for me.

Where's Frodo?

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 17 2010, 10:17pm

Post #6 of 17 (325 views)
Shortcut
Difficult, isn't it [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the fact that they really want to go back - it backs up the feeling you get from the background DVDs that they formed very close friendships. But I agree with you in a way that seeing Pippin and co. pop up in The Hobbit would be distracting - unless perhaps they could change their appearance enough with prosthetics and make-up.

Gildor
Rivendell

Sep 17 2010, 10:43pm

Post #7 of 17 (290 views)
Shortcut
let the casting decisions come from production and directing staff [In reply to] Can't Post

No doubt any actor that was in LOTR would want to return. I guess I would prefer that if anyone does, it's b/c PJ and comp. decided on it and not b/c the actor insisted (or fan arm twisting for that matter).

Gildor

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 17 2010, 11:07pm

Post #8 of 17 (299 views)
Shortcut
I think he should play Pippin [In reply to] Can't Post

and step out of a Istari time machine to wave to Bilbo as they make their way out of Hobbiton.

*ducks the flying veggies, runs away like a little girl...*

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

Tim: No I don't talk about my love life for a very good reason, and that reason is I don't have one. Which is very good news for the ladies-I am still available. I'm a heck of a catch, cos, er well look at it. I live in Slough, in a lovely house, with my parents. I have my own room, which I've had since yep, since I was born. That's seen a lot of action I tell you. Mainly dusting. I went to university for a year as well, before I dropped out, so I'm a quitter. So, er, form an orderly queue ladies.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 17 2010, 11:57pm

Post #9 of 17 (283 views)
Shortcut
I suppose David Tennant will be next.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska

Make the Hobbit Happen Now!

Photobucket

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18 2010, 1:44am

Post #10 of 17 (273 views)
Shortcut
*bouncing up and down clapping* :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Just that he's thinking about it at all has me TORQUED!! GO BILLEH!!!! *fist in the air*

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Plurmo
Rohan

Sep 19 2010, 9:40pm

Post #11 of 17 (287 views)
Shortcut
I would like to see Billy Boyd play his seven years old father Palladin... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and Dominic Monaghan play his one year old father Saradoc.

Now, seriously, I would very much like to see them all Palladin, Saradoc, Hamfast and Drogo sitting together outside the Green Dragon, smoking and chatting when the puffing and pocket-handkerchiefless crazy Bilbo arrived at 11 a.m.

sphdle1
Gondor

Sep 20 2010, 11:28am

Post #12 of 17 (249 views)
Shortcut
I'd be OK with [In reply to] Can't Post

him doing a cameo, but it would have to be in a small role where you can't recognize him (dwarf?)...no speaking parts. I'm sure they need lots of extras for the films to be made.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Sep 21 2010, 2:50pm

Post #13 of 17 (188 views)
Shortcut
I'd like that too! [In reply to] Can't Post

With no mention, though, of who they are specifically, as they glance briefly at the spectacle of Bilbo before returning to their pints and pipes.

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Plurmo
Rohan

Sep 22 2010, 12:01am

Post #14 of 17 (239 views)
Shortcut
E-x-a-c-t-l-y !!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Weed
The Shire

Sep 29 2010, 3:16am

Post #15 of 17 (116 views)
Shortcut
He could be.... [In reply to] Can't Post

He could be a wandering minstrel in Lake Town. Or one of Bard's masters-at-arms.

Gimli'sBox
Gondor

Sep 29 2010, 3:33am

Post #16 of 17 (129 views)
Shortcut
I would LOVE [In reply to] Can't Post

to see every body come back! It would be really funny to let them even have speaking lines but, in a totally different place that you don't expect them. Wouldn't it be so funny if Billy and Dom were the guard and butler (guard and butler? That who is was right?) that get drunk in Mirkwood and then have Elijah and Sean (a skinny Sean) to come down with a few other elves to shove the barrels over. Maybe they could be all blond? LOL!

Anyway, that's my HO.

I'm the Geek the comic strip refers to.

A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.

Plurmo
Rohan

Oct 2 2010, 2:52am

Post #17 of 17 (140 views)
Shortcut
Somehow I cannot think about... [In reply to] Can't Post

...the actors doing cameos not related to their original characters. Especially the hobbits. But then maybe it would also be fun to see them in unexpected places, playing unexpected characters.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.