The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Hobbit in Two Minutes - Brothers Grim and Grimy

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 11 2010, 11:02am

Post #1 of 10 (1307 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit in Two Minutes - Brothers Grim and Grimy Can't Post

Take a look at The Brothers Grim and Grimy 'The Hobbit in under 2 Min.' It is a rather modern retelling of the classic tale in ...wait for it...under two minutes! Enjoy!

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Sep 11 2010, 4:11pm

Post #2 of 10 (834 views)
Shortcut
Oh...My...God! [In reply to] Can't Post

Like, totally superlux dude!

Photobucket

Pre-Pre-production goes ever on and on...

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Sep 11 2010, 4:14pm)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2010, 4:17pm

Post #3 of 10 (825 views)
Shortcut
Meh [In reply to] Can't Post

The humor is not really to my taste. I'd prefer humor that would appeal even to the kids who would read the book. This is a little too adult.

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

Tim: No I don't talk about my love life for a very good reason, and that reason is I don't have one. Which is very good news for the ladies-I am still available. I'm a heck of a catch, cos, er well look at it. I live in Slough, in a lovely house, with my parents. I have my own room, which I've had since yep, since I was born. That's seen a lot of action I tell you. Mainly dusting. I went to university for a year as well, before I dropped out, so I'm a quitter. So, er, form an orderly queue ladies.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Sep 11 2010, 4:32pm

Post #4 of 10 (825 views)
Shortcut
Yeah...about that... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do real people speak that way? I am kinda' surprised that actually made the main page.

Photobucket

Pre-Pre-production goes ever on and on...

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Sep 11 2010, 4:41pm)

seelbach
The Shire

Sep 11 2010, 4:38pm

Post #5 of 10 (788 views)
Shortcut
the little dude abides [In reply to] Can't Post

where's the ring Lebowski?

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2010, 5:03pm

Post #6 of 10 (831 views)
Shortcut
I'm a little surprised [In reply to] Can't Post

that this made the main page as well. But that's just my two cents.

Tim: No I don't talk about my love life for a very good reason, and that reason is I don't have one. Which is very good news for the ladies-I am still available. I'm a heck of a catch, cos, er well look at it. I live in Slough, in a lovely house, with my parents. I have my own room, which I've had since yep, since I was born. That's seen a lot of action I tell you. Mainly dusting. I went to university for a year as well, before I dropped out, so I'm a quitter. So, er, form an orderly queue ladies.

R11
Lorien

Sep 11 2010, 5:26pm

Post #7 of 10 (768 views)
Shortcut
Geez [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, it is the internet after all so I guess pointless negativity is to be expected....

ron

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2010, 6:08pm

Post #8 of 10 (756 views)
Shortcut
Pointless Negativity vs. Pointless Positivity [In reply to] Can't Post

There is no form of entertainment that has universal appeal. If you try to entertain someone there will always be people who don't like it and people who do like it. None of it is "pointless". It just "is". Casting the opinion that you don't agree with (especially in the arena of entertainment) as "pointless" isn't respectful. It's saying in a nutshell "anyone who doesn't agree with my opinion has no point." That encourages hurt feelings more than actual discussion. We try to encourage multiple points of view here at TORN, thus no one's opinion is "pointless".

WonderBroad
Lorien

Sep 11 2010, 7:52pm

Post #9 of 10 (731 views)
Shortcut
I'm with Tim on this [In reply to] Can't Post

This didn't really click for me, either. Humor-wise, it's just not my cup of tea. The animation was skillful, though.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 15 2010, 3:49am

Post #10 of 10 (763 views)
Shortcut
re: Do real people speak that way? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep. Many of tweens and young teens I know speak just like that, especially the girls, especially when they are feeling on edge.

I wonder what "Don't do it Peter" is supposed to mean? The phrase can be seen in the last few seconds of the video, just below centre of the screen.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.