Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A summary of 'The Hobbit' casting discussion so far
First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 5 2010, 3:46pm

Post #276 of 383 (38063 views)
Shortcut
That's what I thought too ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... until I saw the other post that seemed to confirm that he had auditioned for Bard. But perhaps I was confused.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

www.arda-reconstructed.com

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2010, 3:50pm

Post #277 of 383 (38848 views)
Shortcut
Thanks again Voronwe no worries [In reply to] Can't Post

Either Bard or Thorin are major roles as he mentioned in one of his posts. Maybe he'll step in here and answer heh heh heh.

King Arthur: Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: There are some who call me... Tim.

Tim: Follow. But. Follow only if ye be TORNsibs of valour, for the making of The Hobbit is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no TORNsib yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of an A List veteran director lie strewn about its lair. So, brave TORNsibs, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for Hollywood studio bureaucratic ineptitude awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth!

Studio Exec: And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
Studio CEO: This new learning amazes me, Studio Lapdog. Explain again how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 5 2010, 4:02pm

Post #278 of 383 (37872 views)
Shortcut
For the record [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is the post that I thought made it seem like Bard was the role:

YES! Finally!

As you can see if you follow the link, it was in response to Merlwynd saying "my vote is for bond of blood! Go son go!" in a discussion about actors for Bard.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2010, 4:12pm

Post #279 of 383 (38833 views)
Shortcut
Fer sure [In reply to] Can't Post

That most definitely points towards the role of Bard.

Tim: Follow. But. Follow only if ye be TORNsibs of valour, for the making of The Hobbit is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no TORNsib yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of an A List veteran director lie strewn about its lair. So, brave TORNsibs, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for Hollywood studio bureaucratic ineptitude awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth!

Studio CEO: This new learning amazes me, Studio Lapdog. Explain again how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 5 2010, 7:19pm

Post #280 of 383 (38287 views)
Shortcut
My memory of this is the same as Earl's... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure Bob told us he was auditioning for a dwarf: There was a lot of discussion at one time about the appropriate accent. He also hinted that 'Bond-of-Blood' referred to 'his' dwarf being related to Thorin, and there was mention of 'a younger dwarf'.

I think he also said at one time that Richard Armitage would be perfect for Bard....

Now I really AM confused!!

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 5 2010, 8:29pm

Post #281 of 383 (37568 views)
Shortcut
I remember all of that, too [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is why I was so surprised when I saw the "Yes, Finally" post that I mentioned above.

Maybe BoB was purposefully trying to confuse us. Tongue

geordie
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2010, 10:05pm

Post #282 of 383 (39225 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe BoB was purposefully trying to confuse us.

That's possible - certainly the accent (or accents) used in 'Far over the Misty Mountains' confused me. They seemed to wander about a bit, as I recall. Not sure what part of the world Bob was aiming at (if any).

Anyhoo - doubtless all will be revealed in time..

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 5 2010, 10:38pm

Post #283 of 383 (37482 views)
Shortcut
Just to be clear [In reply to] Can't Post

I am NOT suggesting that BoB is lying about being considered for a part in the films (I saw your sarcastic post at the LOTR Plaza, geordie, about people here at TORN claiming to be up for parts in the films). Rather, my comment about his purposefully confusing us referred to the possibility that he may have been asked by the powers that be to keep things ambiguous for now.

I too have seen a lot of claims made at different forums that turned out to be completely bogus, and I've almost always been able to tell that from the start. I don't have that sense from BoB at all. I wanted to make sure that that was clear.

In any event, as you say geordie, doubtless all will be made clear in time.

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 12:04am

Post #284 of 383 (38273 views)
Shortcut
not trying to confuse... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've signed a non disclosure agreement with New Line so have to keep my comments vague and have had to remove my photo.

I can tell you that I didn't audition for Bard.....
....but that's not to say I wont get cast as Bard. ;)

Orlando auditioned for Faramir... but Liz though he'd make a better Legolas!

I'll be posting a new You Tube reading to tease you all further....soon.

Bond-of-Blood Wink

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 12:10am

Post #285 of 383 (36980 views)
Shortcut
Eric Tiede for Drogo [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was just put on tape by casting last week in Los Angeles to play Drogo and am currently waiting for word. Here's to hopefully living the dream!

Cheers everyone!

-ERIC TIEDE

Eric has since informed me that unfortunately he didn't get the part. Unsure

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 6 2010, 3:16am

Post #286 of 383 (37382 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the clarification! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Tim
Tol Eressea

Sep 6 2010, 3:38am

Post #287 of 383 (37409 views)
Shortcut
Well that explains it [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering why your photo got dropped off your posts. Well yes don't want to get you in trouble by all means follow the NDA. Smile

etiede

Sep 6 2010, 7:05am

Post #288 of 383 (38790 views)
Shortcut
Casting News [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Mate!

Lastest news here in L.A. is that production was being pushed again to January 2011, thus casting was being put on hold. I do know they decided they wanted a different accent for Drogo rather than the Standard English R.P. they originally asked for, so I'm hoping to get a chance to go back in again when casting resumes with more specific instructions on the characters dialect. Time will tell friends, but thanks for the support!

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 7:14am

Post #289 of 383 (38445 views)
Shortcut
You have my vote bro.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Thanks Mate!

Lastest news here in L.A. is that production was being pushed again to January 2011, thus casting was being put on hold. I do know they decided they wanted a different accent for Drogo rather than the Standard English R.P. they originally asked for, so I'm hoping to get a chance to go back in again when casting resumes with more specific instructions on the characters dialect. Time will tell friends, but thanks for the support!

Or should I say..".. my Axe!" Wink

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2010, 9:04am

Post #290 of 383 (38744 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the update... [In reply to] Can't Post

... in that case I'll be keeping my hopes up for you Smile

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2010, 9:06am

Post #291 of 383 (38031 views)
Shortcut
I sort of figured why your pic was taken down... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but I didn't want to push it by asking. If it's that big a deal, you might want to ask the admins if they can strip the pics off of your older posts (as the pic still shows up on those) just to be safe Smile

Bond-Of-Blood
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 9:10am

Post #292 of 383 (37628 views)
Shortcut
Yes please admins! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
... but I didn't want to push it by asking. If it's that big a deal, you might want to ask the admins if they can strip the pics off of your older posts (as the pic still shows up on those) just to be safe Smile

..like Earl said. :)

merlwynd
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 9:54am

Post #293 of 383 (38165 views)
Shortcut
confirmation [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I can vouch for bond of blood - he is the real deal! There are so many actors in the world that are vying for a part in these awesome movies and we should be backing him up. Go Bond-of-blood! We will see you on that silver screen very soon! I know we will........

MERLWYND

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 6 2010, 10:00am

Post #294 of 383 (38447 views)
Shortcut
Best of luck... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... whoever you are! Wink

merlwynd
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 11:47am

Post #295 of 383 (38656 views)
Shortcut
on the train [In reply to] Can't Post

lets all get on the bond of blood train as this trains a soon to be leaving!

MERLWYND

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2010, 1:20pm

Post #296 of 383 (38483 views)
Shortcut
Leaving? What dyu mean? :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

merlwynd
Rivendell

Sep 6 2010, 6:52pm

Post #297 of 383 (39572 views)
Shortcut
only the train driver knows [In reply to] Can't Post

MERLWYND

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2010, 6:55pm

Post #298 of 383 (39135 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, okay, now I'm as lost as Bilbo in the Goblins' caves :| // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Earl on Sep 6 2010, 6:56pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2010, 7:15pm

Post #299 of 383 (38034 views)
Shortcut
Good luck to you etiede! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll wait to see if your photo ever disappears from your posts. ;)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 6 2010, 8:14pm

Post #300 of 383 (38140 views)
Shortcut
So... it's back to being a dwarf again? [In reply to] Can't Post

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?

... and best of luck!

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.