Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
where did Hobbits come from?

TheNazgul
Rivendell

Sep 2 2010, 3:05pm

Views: 740
Shortcut
where did Hobbits come from? Can't Post

i have wondered this for a while we know where ents came from and dwarves but what of Hobbits the where not in the sil and now real history was givin in lotr for them besides gollums peaple so where did they come from????

Et Earello Endorenna utulien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn` Ambar-metta!
(For those who dont read Elvish)
Out of the great sea to Middle-Earth I am come. In this place I will abide,and my heirs, unto the ending of the world
Photobucket

Subject User Time
where did Hobbits come from? TheNazgul Send a private message to TheNazgul Sep 2 2010, 3:05pm
    Hobbits. vtboyarc Send a private message to vtboyarc Sep 2 2010, 4:25pm
        How were they created? CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Sep 2 2010, 4:29pm
            They evolved FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 2 2010, 4:52pm
                Not enough time Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Sep 2 2010, 7:14pm
                    You got me FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 3 2010, 9:03am
                        So is The Silmarillion mythology? Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 3 2010, 12:07pm
                            Yes. FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 3 2010, 2:13pm
                                Can you give me some quotes? Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 3 2010, 2:37pm
                                    I thought it was implicit FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 3 2010, 3:22pm
                                        So when we get to Beren and Tuor and Turin, Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 3 2010, 4:10pm
                                A clarification FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 3 2010, 2:50pm
                                    To Sil or not to Sil, that is the question squire Send a private message to squire Sep 3 2010, 3:32pm
                                        I thought it might be interesting FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 4 2010, 10:26pm
                                            I don't understand your last paragraph/summation. Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 5 2010, 3:22am
                                                Well said squire Send a private message to squire Sep 5 2010, 3:52am
                                                    Yes, Tolkien does go to great Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 5 2010, 4:09am
                                                    "Taking the literary conceit FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Sep 5 2010, 10:10am
                                                        Earlier in this thread Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 5 2010, 12:31pm
                                                    We're just too tempted CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Sep 6 2010, 8:00pm
                                                        You raise a good question. Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 7 2010, 4:25am
                                                            If there are no female balrogs squire Send a private message to squire Sep 7 2010, 12:47pm
                                                                Nice! sador Send a private message to sador Sep 7 2010, 2:41pm
                                                                Heh heh heh heh Tim Send a private message to Tim Sep 7 2010, 2:55pm
                                                                The Valar and Maiar are divided into male and female Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 7 2010, 3:22pm
                                                                    Yes they are - permanently squire Send a private message to squire Sep 7 2010, 4:07pm
                                                                        We do know about one female fire spirit, Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 7 2010, 4:27pm
                                                                            Melkor the misogynist CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Sep 7 2010, 5:17pm
                                                                                And don't forget Eowyn Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 7 2010, 6:22pm
                                                                                    Lobelia the attack hobbit CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Sep 8 2010, 5:15pm
                                                                                        Best subject line of the week! :D / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 8 2010, 7:26pm
                                                        Balrogs PhantomS Send a private message to PhantomS Sep 7 2010, 7:59am
                                                Tolkien never considered abandoning the story of the Two Trees Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Sep 5 2010, 4:17am
                                                    Thanks for the correction. Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 5 2010, 4:48am
                        Well... Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Sep 3 2010, 12:55pm
    I have long assumed... Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Sep 2 2010, 7:15pm
        I've always thought that PhantomS Send a private message to PhantomS Sep 7 2010, 8:05am
    Mmmm...poor hobbits Snaga Send a private message to Snaga Sep 2 2010, 10:08pm
    You raise an excellent question Curious Send a private message to Curious Sep 3 2010, 12:23am
    In my humble opinion Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Sep 3 2010, 1:41am
    The stork. TolkienOtaku Send a private message to TolkienOtaku Sep 4 2010, 5:27pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.