The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
DragonCon ready to swoop down upon us

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 28 2010, 4:33pm

Post #1 of 13 (616 views)
Shortcut
DragonCon ready to swoop down upon us Can't Post

One of the greatest conventions in North America kicks off in less than a week and as always, DragonCon will feature a programming track dedicated to J.R.R. Tolkien with special guest Sean Astin and TheOneRing.net will be there to help celebrate! For a complete schedule of the Tolkien-themed events, please click here or read on for TORn highlights.
* Three, yes three TORn staffers will be on hand representing TheOneRing.net at our fan table to meet with fellow fans and to sell our lineup of convention shirts, all of which helps TheOneRing attend events like these. We have three, yes three shirts styles this year including a women's babydoll.

Sean Astin will have public speaking events twice, once Friday at 2:30 p.m. and again on Sunday (details TBA).

TORn will dilvulge secrets about the hoped for pair of Hobbit movies on Friday at Centennial I - Hyatt at 10 a.m. to kick off the convention and again on Sunday at 5:30 p.m. A601 - A602 in the Marriott.

Rumors are swirling of a special Tolkien-themed costume effort this year but the traditional Evening at Bree is set, as always, for Friday night and is always rich with creative Middle-earth costumes of all kinds.

If you are planning to be there, please be sure to say hi, if you aren't, it still isn't too late!

Taliesin
The Shire

Aug 31 2010, 2:51pm

Post #2 of 13 (464 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there [In reply to] Can't Post

Staying at the Marriot again this year. Hope to see you guys!

Tali

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 31 2010, 7:05pm

Post #3 of 13 (346 views)
Shortcut
Rats! Not this year. But... [In reply to] Can't Post

next year my gdaughter will be 12 and the same age as her brother when I took him to DragonCon. He STILL talks about it!!

I'd LOVE to sit in on TORn's discussions about The Hobbit. The last time I was there, we were talking about Making The Hobbit Happen... and look at us now!! :D

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Taliesin
The Shire

Sep 1 2010, 1:01am

Post #4 of 13 (348 views)
Shortcut
Found something funny [In reply to] Can't Post

Tonight I was looking for my LoTR Fan Club magazine with Sean Astin on the cover & I found my scoring card from the ToRN Moot we had in the restaurant where people were walking by the windows. Such a great time!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 1 2010, 1:48am

Post #5 of 13 (349 views)
Shortcut
OH wow!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any way you can scan that!? FLASH BACK! That was SO MUCH FUN!!! Once in a lifetime thrill :D

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Sep 1 2010, 2:02am

Post #6 of 13 (363 views)
Shortcut
How much does this cost? [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't see prices anywhere, and thought you might know.

Photobucket

'Help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter.'

Photobucket

"Yet in that hour was put to the proof that which Mithrandir had spoken, and help came from the hands of the weak when the Wise faltered."

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Sep 1 2010, 2:47am

Post #7 of 13 (384 views)
Shortcut
Ok never mind I found it [In reply to] Can't Post

But does anyone know about buying at the door memberships? Are they generally sold out by then, has anyone has success getting tickets like this in past years?

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Yet in that hour was put to the proof that which Mithrandir had spoken, and help came from the hands of the weak when the Wise faltered."

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Sep 1 2010, 1:05pm

Post #8 of 13 (388 views)
Shortcut
As far as I know the con doesn't set a limit on attendance. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the hotel rooms that always sell out.

I don't want to go to work today
But the master of the whip says nay, nay, nay.

ltcdunk
Bree

Sep 2 2010, 2:52pm

Post #9 of 13 (354 views)
Shortcut
No limits on D*Con tix...... [In reply to] Can't Post

so they never sell out. Cool But get there early as the registration lines can be long. It's worth it, though.

This year, the internet smash fan film, "Born of Hope" www.bornofhope.com will be screened on Sunday at 1pm in the Hyatt. I urge all TORnsibs to be there. AND the producer/director Kate Madison will be participating on a fan-film panel Monday at 11:30am (I will also be on the panel, but she's cuter and more interesting Wink )

I hope to see you all there!!

"Not all who wander are lost..."
http://www.pointystickproductions.com

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 2 2010, 5:34pm

Post #10 of 13 (321 views)
Shortcut
Born of Hope [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have the chance go see it. It really is phenomenal on big screen. And I have only seen the rough version and not the final version. But even that was great to see on the big screen.

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Sep 3 2010, 4:04am

Post #11 of 13 (306 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the info! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've almost got my folks talked into going on Sunday, the only obstacle is the darn cold everyone around here seems to have . . . Wink

Photobucket

Photobucket

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Sep 3 2010, 4:05am

Post #12 of 13 (424 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like it will be good! I'll keep that in mind, I saw most of it but for some reason haven't been able to finish the film, it would be awesome on the big screen!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Taliesin
The Shire

Sep 8 2010, 10:52pm

Post #13 of 13 (623 views)
Shortcut
Will do! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got a few things to scan this week, so I'll put that in the stack. This past weekend whenever we walked past it, my husband and I would say "there's our fish bowl!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.