Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Lord of the Pets!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 25 2010, 7:29am

Post #1 of 78 (2051 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Pets! Can't Post

Bilbo Baggins

Ringer Cherie sent in this beautiful picture of her 17 week old puppy, Bilbo Baggins (a Corgi), and it got us thinking. We've never asked the fans worldwide to submit their pictures of pets named after Tolkien related characters. We know there are a lot of you out there with pictures, so let's share them with all of Tolkien fandom!

Here are two ways to participate:

1. Forums - Click on the 'Discuss' link associated with this post and you will magically transported to our forum where you can submit a reply with your pet picture(s).

2. Use Flickr - Post your picture in our 'Tolkien Pet Gallery' on Flickr. We've made it a public group, so as long as you have a Flickr account, you should be able to participate.

Feel free to post in one or both places - whatever is easiest for you! We'd love to see your pictures and we will occasionally be featuring your pets right here on TORn's homepage! Oh, and if there are any Tolkien related businesses out there that want to share some prizes for the folks who participate, drop us an email! [Discuss] [Flickr Gallery]

fingolfin_nc
Bree

Aug 25 2010, 1:18pm

Post #2 of 78 (973 views)
Shortcut
Brutus and 'Bella'donna [In reply to] Can't Post

My babies. Unfortunately, I lost Brutus July 13 at 9am after 10yrs and 6mos.
Attachments: Brutus and Bella Christmas 2009.JPG (33.4 KB)

luvgabe
The Shire

Aug 25 2010, 4:57pm

Post #3 of 78 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Pippin [In reply to] Can't Post

Pippin is a petite Persian cat I adopted from an animal shelter. Her previous owner left her in a box outside the shelter's door.

Pippin is self-sufficient and extremely cute. She gets real grouchy when she's held. She grumbles and even growls when I hold her too long beyond her endurance. Noone, however, takes seriously her grouchiness. Wink

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." --Gandalf the Grey

Rammchick

Aug 25 2010, 9:40pm

Post #4 of 78 (887 views)
Shortcut
Frodo [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo is my 17 year-old green iguana. A funny story -- when I brought him to the vet once for his annual checkup, the vet tech (who was very young) was astounded that I would know that name, considering the movies aren't that old. The vet and I had a good laugh over that one!

See his picture here: http://www.flickr.com/.../in/pool-tolkienpets

(This post was edited by Rammchick on Aug 25 2010, 9:43pm)

Diamondshire

Aug 26 2010, 12:45am

Post #5 of 78 (881 views)
Shortcut
LOTR pets [In reply to] Can't Post

We have a black toy poodle called Fred aka Fredegar (Fatty) Bolger, the hobbit that the movies forgot. He is not that fat, but he is definitely a Fred. Can't figure out how to attach the photo. I think my ultimate fandom moment however, was the name we have our youngest son, born 27 December 2001(day after fellowship was released in Australia). We named him Peter, of course. Just wish PJ and MGM would get their act together and make a start on The Hobbit. Visiting NZ in October and was hoping to get a glimpse of some filming!

galadriel
The Shire

Aug 26 2010, 3:21am

Post #6 of 78 (870 views)
Shortcut
Our Ragdoll Cat, Samwise Gamgee [In reply to] Can't Post

This is our three year-old Ragdoll kitty cat, Samwise Gamgee, and he does love food (and houseplants) very much!

galadriel

(This post was edited by galadriel on Aug 26 2010, 3:30am)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 26 2010, 3:25am

Post #7 of 78 (770 views)
Shortcut
hey.... [In reply to] Can't Post

do I know you?

I know someone who goes by Galadiel elsewhere that has a cat named Samwise.
:-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

galadriel
The Shire

Aug 26 2010, 3:29am

Post #8 of 78 (799 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Magpie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes! You know us! And typical for us, we can't get Samwise's cute picture to upload (can you direct us how to do it?) - Thank you!

galadriel

galadriel
The Shire

Aug 26 2010, 3:45am

Post #9 of 78 (824 views)
Shortcut
Our Ragdoll, Samwise Gamgee [In reply to] Can't Post

Here is our little (big!) Samwise! Thank you, Magpie!

galadriel
Attachments: Samwise Gamgee.jpg (35.9 KB)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 26 2010, 3:45am

Post #10 of 78 (791 views)
Shortcut
directions for uploading are in my footer [In reply to] Can't Post

oops... I see you go it uploaded. I'll leave my edited post here in case someone else needs the link. (look in my footer)

Welcome to TORn. You'll love the LOTR movie board!

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Aug 26 2010, 3:53am)

Grey_wonderer

Aug 26 2010, 4:54am

Post #11 of 78 (837 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien-named pet [In reply to] Can't Post

This is my first attempt at posting anything here. Wish me luck.
This is my cat, Bilbo. He is four years old and rather shy. He hides when company comes and jumps at loud noises but he's very sweet. I suspect he is more like Bilbo before his journey with the dwarves than afterward. My Bilbo would need more than a little shove to get involved in any adventure larger than playing with his cat toys and eating his dinner. He does eat like a hobbit, that much is certain.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 26 2010, 8:55pm)

ospreylad
The Shire

Aug 26 2010, 8:16am

Post #12 of 78 (873 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo meet Bilbo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's my cat Bilbo, he has just finished second breakfast, and is probably thinking about elevenses

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 26 2010, 8:53pm)
Attachments: 031 - Copy.JPG (48.3 KB)

the_argonath
Lorien

Aug 26 2010, 1:00pm

Post #13 of 78 (832 views)
Shortcut
Not exactly... but... [In reply to] Can't Post

My goldfish (Archibald) turned white [quite randomly] so we called him Gandalf (the White) from then on Wink
That was a few years ago, mind.....

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 26 2010, 8:56pm

Post #14 of 78 (753 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful, [In reply to] Can't Post

but unfortunately your photo is oversized. Here is the guideline from TORN 201:

The maximum size of photos is 525 wide x 400 pixels high (or a better measure is: 210,000 pixels squared - width x height), but no wider than 670 pixels. The maximum file size per picture should be 50k.

Check out Magpie's TORN Image Posting Guide for step by step help, if you want it.

And welcome to TORN. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 27 2010, 1:50am

Post #15 of 78 (766 views)
Shortcut
May I parade my bud---dies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are Puddifoot ............................ and ......... FeBea (pronounced like Phoebe) short for Fell Beast!!

She's the stray I found on my front porch this past spring... and she's wicked nasty scary and destructive! Just kidding. She's a sweet-hearted joy. And Puddifoot is my delight :)

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 27 2010, 3:09am

Post #16 of 78 (696 views)
Shortcut
Lovie and Lorien Gray [In reply to] Can't Post

These two cats were forlorn strays. Lovie was found in an industrial center sitting on the outside drivers bench at the freight papers signing window. She was there 3 times before i found she was the last of the litter and did not belong to anyone. I took her home in a borrowed gym bag by truck, motorcycle and then boat and it did not phase her at all.

Lorien Gray was found by pure accident under our camp late in the fall by my son and i when no one was around starving to death as a very young kitten. To this day we have no idea how she got there. There was no one around for a full mile. She went home in by son's motorcycle jacket by motorcycle back to the house.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2010, 10:54am

Post #17 of 78 (697 views)
Shortcut
What a handsome pair! [In reply to] Can't Post

My sympathy to Bella and you for your loss of Brutus - it's never easy, losing a loving pet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2010, 10:56am

Post #18 of 78 (715 views)
Shortcut
Petite Persian? [In reply to] Can't Post

She does sound cute - and elegant, too!

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2010, 10:58am

Post #19 of 78 (692 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet he likes strawberries, just like a true Hobbit! Laugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2010, 11:00am

Post #20 of 78 (671 views)
Shortcut
Now that is truly geeky! [In reply to] Can't Post

Naming your son Peter! Cool

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 27 2010, 11:01am

Post #21 of 78 (691 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Grey_wonderer!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo sounds like a true hobbity-kitty :D Just resize your pic down a bit and give it another shot! I can't wait to see him :)

Welcome to TORn! I'm so glad you made it here in time for seeing The Hobbit getting started... SOON I HOPE!!

Cheers!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2010, 11:02am

Post #22 of 78 (663 views)
Shortcut
What a big, fluffy guy! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can well imagine that he eats like a Hobbit! Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 27 2010, 11:03am

Post #23 of 78 (702 views)
Shortcut
They're beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so sorry you lost Brutus. He was so lucky to have a good, long life with you...

sample sample

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 27 2010, 11:03am

Post #24 of 78 (682 views)
Shortcut
Another big, fluffy guy! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great pic - he matches the cushions! Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 27 2010, 11:04am

Post #25 of 78 (665 views)
Shortcut
Here kitty-kitty... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd love to see a picture of her... she sounds enchanting :)

sample sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.