The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
"Discuss" link on home page for BBC Interview not working

stormcrow20
Gondor

Aug 20 2010, 6:25am

Post #1 of 13 (1289 views)
Shortcut
"Discuss" link on home page for BBC Interview not working Can't Post

On the home page, when I click on "Discuss" or "Discuss in the Forums" for the BBC Interview with Tolkien, I get the message "Guests are not authorized to access that page. Please login as a user". Then when I log in, it says "Permission Denied: Oops! You are not authorized to view that page."

"Expect me when you see me."

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Aug 20 2010, 6:25am)

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2010, 7:20am

Post #2 of 13 (1046 views)
Shortcut
It seems to be working for me / [In reply to] Can't Post

Penguin walking

FarFromHome
Valinor

Aug 20 2010, 9:44am

Post #3 of 13 (1089 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't work for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's because the post linked to the article was removed because there was already a thread on the board about this interview. The thread was started by Pryderi, here.
They went in, and Sam shut the door.
But even as he did so, he heard suddenly,
deep and unstilled,
the sigh and murmur of the Sea upon the shores of Middle-earth.
From the unpublished Epilogue to the Lord of the Rings

They went in, and Sam shut the door.
But even as he did so, he heard suddenly,
deep and unstilled,
the sigh and murmur of the Sea upon the shores of Middle-earth.
From the unpublished Epilogue to the Lord of the Rings

(This post was edited by FarFromHome on Aug 20 2010, 9:45am)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 20 2010, 2:48pm

Post #4 of 13 (1040 views)
Shortcut
The Smeagol and the Tolkien Nephew ones aren't working, either-- [In reply to] Can't Post

but in a different way: "Smeagol" just shrinks the appearance of the post without going anywhere. The "Nephew" goes to an error page and says the post does not exist (in bright red!).

Hmmmm; I sense sabotage by a small, slimy creature with lamp-like eyes . . .

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 20 2010, 3:08pm

Post #5 of 13 (1041 views)
Shortcut
All fixed [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes when there is already a thread on a topic posted on the Home Page, we delete duplicate "News from Bree" threads. Unfortunately, that messes up the 'Discuss' links. Since I can post on the Home Page, I try to remember to fix them, but sometimes I forget. Blush

As for the Tolkien's great nephew story. I'm not sure where that went, but I can't find it on the boards, so I removed the 'Discuss' link from the story. If anyone is feeling an urgent need to discuss it and would like to start a thread about it, feel free, and I can add a 'Discuss' link that points to the new thread.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 20 2010, 3:12pm

Post #6 of 13 (1018 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! (But I kinda wish it *had* been Smeago II) ;)// [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 20 2010, 3:18pm

Post #7 of 13 (1114 views)
Shortcut
p.s. The Smeagol link was fine, btw. No fixing required. [In reply to] Can't Post

Smeagol's ghost, maybe? WinkLaugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 20 2010, 7:50pm

Post #8 of 13 (1059 views)
Shortcut
misplaced News from Bree post? [In reply to] Can't Post

this post: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=274609#274609

would get maximum attention on Main or Off Topic. I know some people have been asking about TORn shirts recently and I'd hate to think they missed them because they don't frequent LOTR movies.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 20 2010, 10:59pm

Post #9 of 13 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Moved it to Off-topic [In reply to] Can't Post

Another case of NfB posts defaulting to the board the last NfB story was posted to. Crazy If it wasn't for misplaced NfB posts, I'd feel a little like the Maytag repair man: standing around looking pretty all day with nothing to do. WinkLaugh

TORn Calendar

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 21 2010, 12:40am

Post #10 of 13 (1058 views)
Shortcut
*chuckles* [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah.. I get that it's kind of a system glitch... even though the system is human in this case. Sometimes, you just factor those glitches into the formula and account for dealing with them.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

stormcrow20
Gondor

Aug 21 2010, 3:45am

Post #11 of 13 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Expect me when you see me."

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Aug 22 2010, 2:29pm

Post #12 of 13 (1320 views)
Shortcut
*Altaira always looks pretty, busy or not * // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

squire
Half-elven

Aug 23 2010, 2:19pm

Post #13 of 13 (1250 views)
Shortcut
Oh, so Maytag makes that robot? // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.