"Confriming" a typo on the home page...

weaver
Half-elven

Aug 17 2010, 8:30pm

Post #1 of 7 (1201 views)
Shortcut
"Confriming" a typo on the home page... Can't Post

Hey guys...

I don't usually spot these kinds of things, but your Weta Panzer story headline says "Confrimation" not confirmation...

Surprised I caught this before the more eagle-eyed amongst us...maybe they are all on vacation!

Weaver

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 17 2010, 11:29pm

Post #2 of 7 (888 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been fixed. I've looked at it 1/2 dozen times myself and never noticed. Blush Good eyes! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

weaver
Half-elven

Aug 18 2010, 12:12am

Post #3 of 7 (1434 views)
Shortcut
it's a rare occurence... [In reply to] Can't Post

As in, did I spell occurrence right in the subject line? -- oh dear!

I usually need someone to point these things out to me..

One time I made this banner for my church -- I was really proud of it -- it hung up at the altar for the whole mass...at the end of the ceremony, someone came up to me and said "did you realize you left the 'I" out of living?"

Yep, I had made a huge banner that said "LVING" and never noticed the error.

I imagine a lot of people in the pews were wondering who "L. Ving" was and why they were so important they had their name up there like that..

I like to think it was a nice message from the Higher Power(s) for me to go out and enjoy my life -- leaving the "I" out of living indeed!

Weaver

FarFromHome
Valinor

Aug 19 2010, 12:28pm

Post #4 of 7 (880 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of typos [In reply to] Can't Post

... There's a potentially embarrassing 'Tolkein' on the Home Page.

They went in, and Sam shut the door.
But even as he did so, he heard suddenly,
deep and unstilled,
the sigh and murmur of the Sea upon the shores of Middle-earth.
From the unpublished Epilogue to the Lord of the Rings

(This post was edited by FarFromHome on Aug 19 2010, 12:30pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 19 2010, 1:33pm

Post #5 of 7 (954 views)
Shortcut
two threads - same topic > Main [In reply to] Can't Post

BBC Interview with Tolkien Resurfaces - no replies (yet)

Archive (1968) Tolkien interview on BBC website - 7 replies

and... the Tolkien misspell is also in this thread title

Parallel worlds in Tolkein and Dumas

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Aug 19 2010, 1:35pm)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 20 2010, 12:28am

Post #6 of 7 (839 views)
Shortcut
I've corrected the spelling in the NfB post... [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing I can do about the front page, though. Tongue

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 20 2010, 1:09am

Post #7 of 7 (1075 views)
Shortcut
Eeeps! I can, and did. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a bad typo for the Home Page! ShockedLaugh

It's fixed now though. Cool

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.