Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Snag your TheOneRing.net Comic-Con 2010 Shirts Today!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 31 2010, 6:59am

Post #1 of 18 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Snag your TheOneRing.net Comic-Con 2010 Shirts Today! Can't Post

Each year at Comic-Con, TheOneRing.net releases at least one new t-shirt for the attendees. And each year we can all but guarantee that we'll get a load of email from non-attendees looking to purchase the same shirts. This year, we were prepared! We're happy to announce that you can now place your order for our Comic-Con 2010 T-shirts online. If you were not already aware, TheOneRing.net occasionally runs these t-shirt sales to offset the costs of running our website. Even with an all volunteer staff (including owners), we occasionally find our selves strapped for cash to fund basic operations. Thank you for your continued support!

We had two designs this year: 'Talk nerdy to me' and 'I kissed a geek...And I Liked it!'

'Talk nerdy to me' Shirt
(click on image for larger view)

Talk nerdy to me T-Shirt
This t-shirt is a men's style red Gildan preshrunk 100% cotton t-shirt with the words 'Talk nerdy to me,' a pair of glasses and TheOneRing.net logo on the front. Available in sizes Small to 2XL for $20 (+ $5 Shipping). 3XL is available for $25 (+ $5 Shipping). Please note there is a limited inventory for each size. We are using PayPal - which accepts paypal, credit cards and bank accounts. You do not need to set up a paypal account to purchase. [Click Here for Details]

'I kissed a geek...And I liked it!' Shirt
(click on image for larger view)

I Kissed a Geek Shirt
This t-shirt is a Gildan 100% ring spun cotton Ladies SoftStyle™  t-shirt with the words 'I kissed a geek...' on the front. On the back are the words 'And I liked it!' with TheOneRing.net logo. Available in sizes Small to XL for $20 (+ $5 Shipping). Please note there is a limited inventory for each size. We are using PayPal - which accepts paypal, credit cards and bank accounts. You do not need to set up a paypal account to purchase. [Click Here for Details]

(This post was edited by calisuri on Jul 31 2010, 12:54pm)

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Aug 1 2010, 12:51am

Post #2 of 18 (1006 views)
Shortcut
And they are hand made by TORn staff! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously, they are.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 1 2010, 1:10am

Post #3 of 18 (1008 views)
Shortcut
Got one! Thanks for posting! // [In reply to] Can't Post

fence_horse Pictures, Images and Photos

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 1 2010, 2:33am

Post #4 of 18 (947 views)
Shortcut
Who got the job of applying all those lipstick stains? / [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 1 2010, 12:10pm

Post #5 of 18 (950 views)
Shortcut
These shirts from Comic-Con [In reply to] Can't Post

are always so much fun (this is my second and addresses my "nerdy" side ;)... but knowing that buying one also supports TORn makes them all the more special! Thanks MrCere.... and THANKS TORn!!!!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Aug 1 2010, 12:11pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 1 2010, 1:46pm

Post #6 of 18 (950 views)
Shortcut
Hey! Can we do one [In reply to] Can't Post

for our NYC RCMH moots? I mean, one that covers all 3 moots (FotR last year; TT this year; RotK next year)? These moots are so iconic and unique. I'm remembering the one we got for DragonCon 07 that Tim Kirk made for us that brings back such great memories.

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 1 2010, 3:23pm

Post #7 of 18 (1008 views)
Shortcut
What an amazing idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

a TORn takes NYC shirt. That would be great.

I just bought the "I kissed a geek"shirt.
That also reminds me of NYC, the first time I was in New York (in 2008). That song was a hit and just before I went to a musical on Broadway I strolled through the big Virgin store there, and Katy Perry's song blasted through the store at that moment..

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Aug 1 2010, 10:26pm

Post #8 of 18 (1007 views)
Shortcut
hmmm... well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would be happy to try to arrange something - happy to ask Tim Kirk if he can do a 'doodle' for us again, of 'sibs in NYC... That might be possible, if that's what sibs would like! I'll talk to MrCere too, as he's the guy who gets the shirts made. We might have to take orders in advance, as we did for DragonCon '07, but I'm sure we could do it. I'm always keen to make these things happen!

Glad people like the 'I kissed a geek' shirt - that was my idea, which struck me at DragonCon last year... Must get one of those shirts myself. Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 1 2010, 10:30pm

Post #9 of 18 (935 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't buy a tshirt... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I might buy a tote bag. :-D

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Aug 2 2010, 8:59am

Post #10 of 18 (972 views)
Shortcut
Tote bags - now THERE'S an idea... // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 2 2010, 9:54am

Post #11 of 18 (950 views)
Shortcut
Great idea [In reply to] Can't Post

on the geek shirt *high five* Such a creative Lady :) And doing a tote instead of a shirt sounds great to me, too!! Especially in NYC. We need something to tote things around in. I've still got my one from the Indy moot :)

Ya think Tim Kirk would have fun with that? I love the shirt he did for us. You always take such good care of our nerdy geekiness needs :) Thank you, m'dear! Let's see what MrCere has to say 'bout all this... *stares at monitor*

sample sample

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Aug 3 2010, 4:16pm

Post #12 of 18 (924 views)
Shortcut
I'm on the case... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I'll see what we can do. Smile

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2010, 12:20pm

Post #13 of 18 (896 views)
Shortcut
I second Magpie's suggestion of a tote bag // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 5 2010, 1:02pm

Post #14 of 18 (897 views)
Shortcut
I opt for 'Talk nerdy to me' on motorcycle jacket backs\\. [In reply to] Can't Post

Mad. How do you like my tough face?

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Elven
Valinor

Aug 5 2010, 1:06pm

Post #15 of 18 (898 views)
Shortcut
ooo! Tote Bag! Im sold on this idea too // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 5 2010, 4:08pm

Post #16 of 18 (895 views)
Shortcut
*applause* Lookit 'er go!! Woohoo! THANKS! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

the_argonath
Lorien

Aug 5 2010, 6:11pm

Post #17 of 18 (905 views)
Shortcut
:o I totally want a shirt! [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone know if they can be sent outside the US, i.e. to the UK? I'm afraid of buying one and then being told it can't be shipped Crazy

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 10 2010, 10:57am

Post #18 of 18 (908 views)
Shortcut
Well, I can think of one... [In reply to] Can't Post

who may have been volunteered. squire snagged a pic of... the beauty :)

sample sample

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.