Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
If you had the chance to provide the Voice for a character in a new Animated version of LOTR, who would it be for?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: If you had the chance to provide the Voice for a character in a new Animated version of LOTR, who would it be?
Gandalf
Frodo
Sam
Pippin
Merry
Aragorn
Boromir
Legolas
Gimli
Treebeard
Faramir
Eowyn
Arwen
Elrond
Witch King
Gollum/Smťagol
Theoden
Bilbo
Saruman
Other (There are so many more options!)
View Results (55 votes)

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 2 2010, 2:09am

Post #1 of 45 (872 views)
Shortcut
If you had the chance to provide the Voice for a character in a new Animated version of LOTR, who would it be for? Can't Post

I have just finished watching Bashki's animated LOTR. This was my first time watching this version, and I couldn't help but have a few chuckles (sorry...Legolas meets them after Weathertop?). I had a hard time not comparing each scene to the film version, so I am sure this was the reason for the chuckles here and there. Had I watched it before the big Trilogy, I may have enjoyed it more without critiquing every scene.

Since the arrival of computer animated movies, one never knows when a new animation of Tolkien's classics may be next in theaters. So, if you had the chance to lend your Voice in a new Animated 3D (and 2D of course), Lord of the Rings, which character would you want to voice?

**Note**Please choose multiple characters if you like as Voice Actors are known for voicing multiple characters in a movie, and there are several characters not listed. Thanks!

Oh, and as for me, I would choose Eowyn, Arwen, and some Orc voices. I don't know why Orc, but sometimes I make funny voices when I play Action Figures with my boys and a few of the voices sound a bit Orcish. Hey, a mom's got to do, what a mom's got to do to keep them entertained! Tongue

(This post was edited by Analeewyn on Aug 2 2010, 2:17am)

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 2 2010, 2:24am

Post #2 of 45 (421 views)
Shortcut
And something I noticed that was so similar with Bashki's LOTR... [In reply to] Can't Post

was how Frodo's voice (Christopher Guard) sounded a lot like Elijah Wood's Frodo in a lot of scenes! Mmmm...I bet there has been a lot of discussions about this movie in the past on TORn. **searches old posts**

(This post was edited by Analeewyn on Aug 2 2010, 2:26am)

Patty
Immortal

Aug 2 2010, 5:43am

Post #3 of 45 (389 views)
Shortcut
I'd be Arwen... [In reply to] Can't Post

that's the closest I could ever come to being with Aragorn. On the other hand, this makes me think of the person who voiced Arwen in the radio show the BBC did a few years ago. She was the only person whose voice didn't fit the character. She sounded far too old. That may be appropriate for me now.

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 2 2010, 5:59am

Post #4 of 45 (393 views)
Shortcut
I like the way your thinking! [In reply to] Can't Post

that's the closest I could ever come to being with Aragorn

Ahhh...Aragorn...he is definitely a good reason to be Arwen in voice or person!

Now Patty, your still a young chicken. Wasn't Arwen like about 2700 years old when she met Aragorn?Wink

Patty
Immortal

Aug 2 2010, 6:04am

Post #5 of 45 (391 views)
Shortcut
Believe me, if she was... [In reply to] Can't Post

the woman on that BBC audio was perfect for the part in that regard. But she was still supposed to sound as young as spring-time. *sigh* Spring isn't even visible in my rear-view mirror any more.

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 2 2010, 6:15am

Post #6 of 45 (388 views)
Shortcut
A very kind TORnsib... [In reply to] Can't Post

replied this to me recently,

No matter how many ''segments of time' you are, you are that many young. We can dwell in the essence of youth all of our lives and it is the 'home fires' of the spirit that account for life/living. Look into the mirror and see the sparkle of your eyes. Nothing else matters.

silneldor

It is a beautiful way to think of living I thought.

I have never heard the BBC radio show before, but isn't Ian Holm part of that? I would love to hear it. Do you know if it is available for a listen?

Patty
Immortal

Aug 2 2010, 6:35am

Post #7 of 45 (430 views)
Shortcut
I know it's available to purchase on Amazon... [In reply to] Can't Post

but as for on-line snippits, I'm not really sure. Yes, that's Ian Holms' Frodo.

It really is a delightful listen. There are some on here who prefer it to the movies for dramatization.

I will try hard to view age (and youth) like that. I've just been feeling a little "memento mori" here lately, I guess. Arthur arthritis has been coming to call.

diedye
Grey Havens

Aug 2 2010, 12:52pm

Post #8 of 45 (418 views)
Shortcut
Well, besides Gollum/Smeagol obviously... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I'd have to say Galadriel... her voice is the closest one I can match.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Aug 2 2010, 1:12pm

Post #9 of 45 (416 views)
Shortcut
Ghan-Buri-Ghan [In reply to] Can't Post

The forgotten hero.

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Aug 2 2010, 2:52pm

Post #10 of 45 (369 views)
Shortcut
Ioreth [In reply to] Can't Post

A wise woman.... comic relief.... all right up my alley and definitely a role from a scene we all wanted to see....

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 2 2010, 3:24pm

Post #11 of 45 (378 views)
Shortcut
There was a discussion [In reply to] Can't Post

on the LOTR movie board about how some of PJ's shots were exact replicas of some of Bakshi's shots. I don't remember what the discussion was called, though, maybe "When Peter met Ralphie", or something like that.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 2 2010, 3:29pm

Post #12 of 45 (363 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I missed him in the movie, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was really looking forward to seeing him as well as the Red Arrow; Faramir, Steward of Gondor; the hands of the King..., etc. Unsure

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 2 2010, 3:30pm

Post #13 of 45 (398 views)
Shortcut
I picked Eowyn. [In reply to] Can't Post

She's got the biggest female role, plus there's that whole romance thing with my boyfriend, Faramir. *girly sigh*
Wink

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

Aug 2 2010, 5:23pm

Post #14 of 45 (362 views)
Shortcut
Gimli and Witchking [In reply to] Can't Post

Rough, earthy, scottish, Dwarveness on the one hand, and shadowy, menacing, mysterious wraith on the other. I could do those well. Sly

Oh, and I'd also like to be a nameless "extra" in any scene where there are Wargs. I'm surprised no one's nabbed Frodo or Gandalf yet...

(This post was edited by Leviathan's Bane on Aug 2 2010, 5:25pm)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2010, 5:52pm

Post #15 of 45 (426 views)
Shortcut
Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

My voice is a high baritone, low tenor - and everyone tells me I sound younger than I am. Also I've done phone work and I've been told by females that my voice is very pleasant to listen to. Going with that sort of timelessness, charisma and youthful maturity I'd have to go with Legolas. My voice isn't pitched low or mature enough for an Aragorn or Gandalf. I could probably be one of the Hobbits, though I always tend to hear their voices pitched slightly higher than mine.

I'm very good at making up voices so I could probably also do a monster or two without anyone catching on it was me.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Aug 3 2010, 2:11am

Post #16 of 45 (362 views)
Shortcut
That would be so much fun to do! // [In reply to] Can't Post

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Aug 3 2010, 4:06am

Post #17 of 45 (510 views)
Shortcut
With a high, soft voice like mine I'd have to play a child. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 5:56pm

Post #18 of 45 (333 views)
Shortcut
I got a chance to listen! [In reply to] Can't Post

How neat to hear Ian Holm as Bilbo! Can't wait to finish the other half later on this evening.

Arthur Arthritis can certainly make one feel like age is creeping up on them. My husband has psoriatic arthritis that started causing his joints, especially his knees to swell and ache when he was a teenager. He always reminds me to keep going and says when you stop going is when arthritis can win the battle. It can be a rough fight though as old Arthur doesn't tend to give up very easily and has painful reminders that he isn't going anywhere. Unsure

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:04pm

Post #19 of 45 (358 views)
Shortcut
Forgotten hero indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see how he could have been squeezed in to the film and made a very nice addition along with the Woses! A must character for the new animated movie!

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:13pm

Post #20 of 45 (355 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have liked to see her at the House of Healing with Aragorn by his side as he is healing Eowyn. But a quick word of advice to Gandalf would have also been nice as an extra scene. Ioreth will be a great addition for the new film! Wink

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:15pm

Post #21 of 45 (349 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful, Galadriel you shall be! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gollum/Smeagol...would love to hear!

(This post was edited by Analeewyn on Aug 3 2010, 6:16pm)

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:20pm

Post #22 of 45 (363 views)
Shortcut
"PJ's shots were exact replicas" [In reply to] Can't Post

I really noticed a lot of similarities as well! No Tom Bombadil and the beginning was very similar. I love it, "When Peter met Ralphie", I have to find that!Laugh

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:22pm

Post #23 of 45 (366 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn is an inspiring female character... [In reply to] Can't Post

And she certainly does have a wonderfully handsome boyfriend...Ahhhh...**girly sigh with AlassŽa Eruvand** Eowyn it is!

(This post was edited by Analeewyn on Aug 3 2010, 6:28pm)

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:27pm

Post #24 of 45 (354 views)
Shortcut
Yes, we need a Frodo and Gandalf! [In reply to] Can't Post

One cannot have a new animated movie without Frodo or Gandalf! There just would be no LOTR!

Very nice choices!--Gimli and Witchking! Oh and yes, extras would certainly be needed! You must have an idea for the "extra" in a Warg scene. Are you meaning an Orchish extra or any bystander unfortunate enough to be close to Wargs?!?!?Shocked

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:31pm

Post #25 of 45 (353 views)
Shortcut
That is the wonderful thing about doing Voice Acting... [In reply to] Can't Post

You can be just so many characters and no one ever knows!

Wonderful, we have our Legolas, and a Hobbit it is. Do you have a preference for a Hobbit character? Oh, and monsters! Yes, some nice Troll grunts or even Warg growls. I see a movie developing!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.