Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
If you had the chance to provide the Voice for a character in a new Animated version of LOTR, who would it be for?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: If you had the chance to provide the Voice for a character in a new Animated version of LOTR, who would it be?
Gandalf
Frodo
Sam
Pippin
Merry
Aragorn
Boromir
Legolas
Gimli
Treebeard
Faramir
Eowyn
Arwen
Elrond
Witch King
Gollum/Sméagol
Theoden
Bilbo
Saruman
Other (There are so many more options!)
View Results (55 votes)

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:40pm

Post #26 of 45 (337 views)
Shortcut
It would be nice... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think to have a movie forged by the Fans of Tolkien, so all the beloved characters could be included. With computer animation these days, it would be very possible (forget about the expensive part) and all the scenes we hoped for could be included. It is hard to make a movie on location and tell the story on the big screen exactly as Tolkien wrote it, but through animation, I am sure we fans could create a more accurate telling of Tolkien's works.

Like I said, I certainly see a possible future animated movie here! There are like a thousand versions of the Wizard of Oz floating around out there, so why not make a Fan Version? Okay, I guess I am in dream land, no wait...Middle Earth land Laugh.

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 3 2010, 6:42pm

Post #27 of 45 (434 views)
Shortcut
A hobbit maybe? or... [In reply to] Can't Post

a young Elven maiden? Oh, dear ElanorTX, I am sure there are many places for your voice in this movie! Smile (that doesn't exist...yet! Laugh)

(This post was edited by Analeewyn on Aug 3 2010, 6:42pm)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2010, 8:08pm

Post #28 of 45 (313 views)
Shortcut
Well if I were to stay Legolas... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I'd probably want to voice a hobbit like Fatty Bolger so there's not a lot of lines mixed together at the same time for people to compare to. If I wasn't to do Legolas I'd probably like either Merry or Pippin or Sam - not Frodo - I always imagined his voice slightly deeper than mine though still youthful.

Patty
Immortal

Aug 3 2010, 8:11pm

Post #29 of 45 (471 views)
Shortcut
Great. Where'd you find it? [In reply to] Can't Post

All my best to your husband. I'd hate to have that swelling etc. and for that long.

Yes, I really enjoy that BBC LotR. And in fact, I enjoy the BBC The Hobbit, too, although Bilbo's voice takes some getting use to in this.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Aug 3 2010, 11:12pm

Post #30 of 45 (373 views)
Shortcut
I picked GImli... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a very deep voice, but its melodic like Saruman's, it can come across raspy so I think my voice would be better suited to a dwarf.....

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 4 2010, 1:51am

Post #31 of 45 (533 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Patty! [In reply to] Can't Post

He really deals with it well. Much better than I would have all this time. He has learned what works over the years like heat therapy and massage (given by yours truly Wink) about two or three times a week. He has had different medications over the years, but has finally found meds that actually work with minimal side effects. The biggest help he says his moving and not letting old arthur get him down.

Oh, I found the BBC broadcast on youtube. There are several different parts of it, so you just have to choose which part you want to listen to first. I am getting ready to finish it now and hope all the parts are still there Tongue.

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

Aug 4 2010, 1:42pm

Post #32 of 45 (331 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

How about doing some Warg growling near the Mines, and also during that scene maybe playing a high-pitched Warg-riding Orc screaming, "Yar, we've gottem now! Easy on the right, move up on the left. Right, make a circle round 'em. Lor, he's got lightnin'! Steady now, hold yer line! ... Ow, I'm hit! Me flesh's charred through. NO! Stop chewing my leg, you stinkin' Wolf-bear!"

...or somethin' like that. Wink

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 4 2010, 2:49pm

Post #33 of 45 (328 views)
Shortcut
Yes, yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

There most definitely needs to be trouble near the Mines! We must add these lines to the script! Thanks Leviathan's Bane Wink!

Donry
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2010, 2:50am

Post #34 of 45 (277 views)
Shortcut
Sorry.... [In reply to] Can't Post

my post should have read 'its not melodic'.....that changes it a bit...

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 5 2010, 3:01am

Post #35 of 45 (281 views)
Shortcut
No prob! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gimli, you shall be! And I am sure your voice would be perfect for other characters as well. How about Treebeard? Oh, I bet you'd be a wonderful Treebeard.Smile

Our cast is coming along great, but we are still missing a Frodo and Gandalf I believe. But I have hopes someone will fill those big shoes (and little shoes I guess thinking hobbity) soon.

Thanks Donry! I mean...Gimli Wink

Donry
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2010, 3:09am

Post #36 of 45 (289 views)
Shortcut
I can do a [In reply to] Can't Post

Northern Irish accent quite easily.....two weeks in England and I'd have an English one down fairly well!

Tim
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2010, 3:50am

Post #37 of 45 (289 views)
Shortcut
heh heh [In reply to] Can't Post

Analeewyn will have us all lined up and speaking lines in no time I wager.

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 5 2010, 4:30am

Post #38 of 45 (338 views)
Shortcut
Oh! Merry and Pippin both! [In reply to] Can't Post

I always have a lot of fun playing close characters (when in my kiddies imagination land, of courseCrazy) and having conversations with yourself in different voices. It is amazing the sort of conversations one can have with ones self!

So, you could do Merry and Pippin both! Merry could sound like a big brother to Pip.

'Tis an exciting thought! All the scenes that could be added. All the characters that could be given more screen time and a bit more depth. Oh, the possibilities! Laugh

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

Aug 5 2010, 7:05pm

Post #39 of 45 (433 views)
Shortcut
But the real question is... [In reply to] Can't Post

WHO WILL DIRECT?! WinkLaugh

I'm thinking I'm going to withdraw my Ringwraith position in favor of something more young and innocent. Maybe Nob in Bree, or Theodred as he gasps for air in his last heroic moments in Middle-Earth (since it sounds like this movie is going to be the most epic and comprehensive of its kind ever made! Angelic).

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 7 2010, 12:53am

Post #40 of 45 (262 views)
Shortcut
I like your other choices! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, we would especially need a good "last gasp" from Theodred! Nob...Love it!

Now who to Direct? I guess we would need to do a bit of begging to anyone who would listen. I am sure someone out there would be willing to fund this

most epic and comprehensive of its kind ever made

movie! Just because it would cost unimaginable amounts of money and be at least 12 hours long--no big deal, right?Sly

Analeewyn
Lorien

Aug 7 2010, 12:56am

Post #41 of 45 (943 views)
Shortcut
I absolutely... [In reply to] Can't Post

love to listen to Irish accents. Of course, I love listening to any accent really. It is fascinating to me how many different accents one needs just for a LOTR movie, but not every race would speak the same, so it makes sense.

TolkienOtaku
Rivendell

Aug 23 2010, 12:16am

Post #42 of 45 (218 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel. [In reply to] Can't Post

My voice is very flexible, so it can get into the lower registers fairly easily. My normal speaking voice is a bit more Arwen-ish, though.

The Party Tree
Lorien

Sep 4 2010, 6:09pm

Post #43 of 45 (326 views)
Shortcut
ROSIE COTTON [In reply to] Can't Post

Because Rosie is awesome and deserves a speaking part.

And Rose is my middle name, so it's
DESTINY.
;D

Trevelyan
Bree

Sep 16 2010, 4:04pm

Post #44 of 45 (284 views)
Shortcut
If I do say so myself. [In reply to] Can't Post

If they needed a stand in Gollum/Smeagol then I do a pretty good impression. Depends if they wanted to deviate from Andy Serkis and his take on Gollum.

I might need some of that Hot Water, Honey and Lemsip mixture, Gollum Juice, from the Appendices though....

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Oct 11 2010, 4:24pm

Post #45 of 45 (222 views)
Shortcut
I voted the Witch King [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I think I can imitate his voice the best. Then Pippin because he is my favorite character and everyone tells me I sound like him.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.