The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
I got a fatal error thingee

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 30 2010, 2:21pm

Post #1 of 9 (817 views)
Shortcut
I got a fatal error thingee Can't Post

'' A fatal error occurred::Session::SQL (3384) : Could not connect to database: at /www01/newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/admin/GForum/Authenticate.pm line 418.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details. ''

This happened at the end of gramma's TIME postings on the BS segment with being unable to tap into dernwyn's post. It has just cleared up trying to tap the post the other way but i'd thought you may want to know what happened.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 30 2010, 3:24pm

Post #2 of 9 (645 views)
Shortcut
About 9:10AM july 30th\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 30 2010, 4:03pm

Post #3 of 9 (760 views)
Shortcut
Are you calling me [In reply to] Can't Post

a "femme fatale"?

Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 31 2010, 4:36am

Post #4 of 9 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, sil [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm told that groups of fatal error messages in a small-ish period of time are more worrisome than one or two here and there. But, someone has to go first Wink, and we'd never know about groups of them if no one said anything.

So, thanks again, dear sir. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 1 2010, 1:45am

Post #5 of 9 (669 views)
Shortcut
You, you, [In reply to] Can't Post

dasterdly strawberryrhubarblic nice person....WinkLaugh

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 1 2010, 2:08am

Post #6 of 9 (861 views)
Shortcut
Oh, yes, [In reply to] Can't Post

enjoying too much of that stuff, especially when baked into pies, can be quite deadly to your health! Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 1 2010, 7:55pm

Post #7 of 9 (740 views)
Shortcut
I wanna live dangerously too! [In reply to] Can't Post

*Looks at calendar*

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 9 2010, 9:44pm

Post #8 of 9 (562 views)
Shortcut
testing [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been having a lot of problems with TORn on my school computer. The tech lady came and worked on it, but it still seems awkward. It's getting into other sites fine, but not TORn (of course I didn't explain that to her, just said it was running slow, which it does.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 9 2010, 9:45pm

Post #9 of 9 (786 views)
Shortcut
That worked, but it was very slow. Took several minutes. [In reply to] Can't Post

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.