Other
View Results (108 votes)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2010, 11:46pm

Post #1 of 54 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Chocolate and what? Can't Post

What are your favourite 'chocolate and something' mixes? It could be in biscuits/cookies, chocolate boxes, hot drinks ... your choice!

(Multiple answers allowed.)

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 17 2010, 12:18am)

weaver
Half-elven

Jul 16 2010, 11:57pm

Post #2 of 54 (608 views)
Shortcut
With coffee for me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially my husband's most excellent chocolate cookies and his perfect coffee blend. I have no idea how he makes either of these, but the cookies are right between the consistency of a cake and candy bar, and the coffee is this nice blend of light and dark tastes. They are both great on their own -- but together, pure heaven!

Analeewyn
Lorien

Jul 17 2010, 12:11am

Post #3 of 54 (647 views)
Shortcut
Chocolate & Peanut Butter! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have this at least once a week when I have the house to myself (which is only once a week these days anyways)--my sinful pleasure snack. I take a chocolate bar (only a Hershey bar will do) and smother it in creamy Peanut Butter, pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and then dig in. A wonderfully, delectable, sinful, pleasurable, delicious snackHeart. My grandmother did this for me when I was little. Hard to give up tradition Tongue. Ahhh, I feel a craving coming on Ataahua!Laugh

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 17 2010, 1:02am

Post #4 of 54 (656 views)
Shortcut
Red wine // [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

Jul 17 2010, 1:50am

Post #5 of 54 (598 views)
Shortcut
I will take... [In reply to] Can't Post

chocolate with anything. But it must not be dark chocolate--too bitter, usually.

For ice cream, I'll take vanilla with chocolate and caramel chunks. All the fattening things.

batik
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2010, 1:55am

Post #6 of 54 (630 views)
Shortcut
(nearly) all of the above... [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic...lemme think and give an order of preference...au naturale, chocolate with (or in) coffee, fruit, other chocolate, mint, caramel, nuts. With spices--sounds like something to try. Keep nasssssttty liquorice.

My nick is batik and I am a chocoholic Smile

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jul 17 2010, 2:16am

Post #7 of 54 (664 views)
Shortcut
Me too {NT} [In reply to] Can't Post

Analeewyn
Lorien

Jul 17 2010, 3:03am

Post #8 of 54 (614 views)
Shortcut
It is hard to resist a PB dip... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just finished off an evening snack. The craving just wouldn't go away. My youngest son joined me in splitting a Hershey bar smothered with peanut butter. I have a feeling he will be up all night. Oh, well...it is summer vacation, so he deserves a little bending of the bedtime curfew rules once in a while!Wink

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2010, 3:32am

Post #9 of 54 (579 views)
Shortcut
Mint... [In reply to] Can't Post

I really dig the chocolate and mint combo.....one of the best things going. I love the chocolate mint ice cream, and get it in my Blizzard's at Dairy Queen all the time...

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jul 17 2010, 6:09am

Post #10 of 54 (874 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't go for it [In reply to] Can't Post

all the time, but while at Niagara Falls I had a delicious dark chocolate and chili pepper bar.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2010, 12:15pm

Post #11 of 54 (573 views)
Shortcut
All of the above [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm only pondering on the chocolate with liquorice. I do love liquorice but I can't remember ever combining it with chocolate and I'm not sure about it.

And I have to add with milk. Chocolate milk on a cold winter day, add some whipped cream and I'm in heaven.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2010, 12:17pm

Post #12 of 54 (604 views)
Shortcut
You're doing it again! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're making me quite hungry! Laugh

Now, when are the two of you going to open that B&B so we can all come up and enjoy your hubby's cooking? Smile

(Really, I'm starting to plan this out: day 1, stop at Misty Mountain's Adirondack bakery and cabins; day 2, head to yours along the border...well, maybe two days at each place...)

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2010, 2:17pm

Post #13 of 54 (565 views)
Shortcut
Other chocolate [In reply to] Can't Post

I was going to ask "why ruin something so tasty" but then I realized that it IS possible to improve chocolate ... by adding more chocolate. Tongue

Patty
Immortal

Jul 17 2010, 2:40pm

Post #14 of 54 (606 views)
Shortcut
Yes! I love Reeses's peanut butter cups! [In reply to] Can't Post

Analeewyn
Lorien

Jul 17 2010, 3:35pm

Post #15 of 54 (556 views)
Shortcut
Oooohhh, I like it that way too!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Chocolate does go wonderfully with its self Sly!

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Jul 17 2010, 4:16pm

Post #16 of 54 (623 views)
Shortcut
Raspberry :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't usually mix my chocolate with anything, but I do love it combined with raspberry. I can't remember the name of it, but Godiva has a really lovely chocolate/raspberry piece. Yummy! And I have to admit, although I really don't care for peanut butter otherwise, chocolate and peanut butter was a match made in heaven. Smile

Also, hot chocolate mixed with coffee is a very nice change from just plain coffee.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2010, 9:55pm

Post #17 of 54 (529 views)
Shortcut
RJ's Licorice Choc Logs [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a bit of a treat now and again - http://www.rjslicorice.co.nz/

Arwen Skywalker
Lorien

Jul 17 2010, 10:49pm

Post #18 of 54 (599 views)
Shortcut
usually au naturel [In reply to] Can't Post

But I also love mocha. I've even used coffee instead of water to make hot chocolate. I can't think of any pair of flavors that make a better match. Unfortunately, my stomach is super sensitive to coffee so I only drink it when I've pulled an all-nighter.

I also love mint (especially dark) chocolate. While I like chocolate fondue with fruit, it's even better with salty snacks like nuts, crackers and chips. Yes, you read it right, chips. Especially tortilla and pita. I feel like salt gives a nice contrast to the sweetness and brings out more cocoa flavors. When I make fondue, I usually dump some chocolate chips (usually Ghirardhelli) in a bowl and microwave them. Then put some nuts in and just scoop into your mouth.

I'm not a big fan of caramel or licorice. But either of those is way better than white chocolate.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 18 2010, 4:19am

Post #19 of 54 (733 views)
Shortcut
I wasn't a big fan [In reply to] Can't Post

of white chocolate, either...until Target started carrying the Swiss brand Frey, and I tried their white chocolate bars. Oh, the [white]Cinnamon & Blood Orange, White Blueberry, and the White Lemon & Lime with it's tiny hit of black pepper! But they're gone, and we're lost, preciousss... Frey, bring 'em back to our shores, danggit!

Arwen Skywalker
Lorien

Jul 19 2010, 2:59am

Post #20 of 54 (519 views)
Shortcut
for some strange reason [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't mind having white hot chocolate, though I wouldn't eat it in any other form. Sure, I still prefer regular hot chocolate but I enjoy the white version too.

(This post was edited by Arwen Skywalker on Jul 19 2010, 2:59am)

film fanNo.7
Bree

Jul 19 2010, 3:15am

Post #21 of 54 (818 views)
Shortcut
frrruuuuuiiiiiiiittttttttt... mmmmmmmmmmmmm...chocolate covered strawberries... [In reply to] Can't Post

FOOD-SPASM!!!!!!!!!

Oiotįri
Tol Eressea

Jul 19 2010, 1:11pm

Post #22 of 54 (498 views)
Shortcut
Au naturel dark chocolate [In reply to] Can't Post

just give me a bar of really dark chocolate and I'll be happy Smile

but with pecans is delicious as well

diedye
Grey Havens

Jul 19 2010, 1:23pm

Post #23 of 54 (544 views)
Shortcut
Heavenly Hash ice cream... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's chocolate & vanilla ice cream with nuts and bits of chocolate... *drooling*

Alassėa Eruvande
Valinor

Jul 19 2010, 8:38pm

Post #24 of 54 (507 views)
Shortcut
Chocolate and mint are an unholy alliance... [In reply to] Can't Post

I prefer my chocolate unadulterated. If you absolutely have to add something, I suppose you could add nuts. I also prefer milk chocolate to any other kind.

(This post was edited by Alassėa Eruvande on Jul 19 2010, 8:39pm)

Patty
Immortal

Jul 19 2010, 9:28pm

Post #25 of 54 (531 views)
Shortcut
Oh, mint chocolate chip ice cream... [In reply to] Can't Post

is, as the kids say, "the bomb!"

Just as many would be vegetarians relapse with bacon, I find mint chocolate chip ice cream ruins even my most fervent dieting intentions.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.