Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Opens doors wide* Friday means Fiesta and Fun! Come on in!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 25 2010, 4:49pm

Post #51 of 300 (499 views)
Shortcut
They're real! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, you can Google 1-800-GOT-JUNK. I just did, and they've got an outfit in your area.

They recycle what they can, of what they pick up...in fact, last time we had them come, a couple of years ago, one of the guys asked if I'd mind if he took my old computer for himself! Laugh

As long as what you've got is not hazardous, and can be picked up by two guys, they'll take it.

Enjoy your weekend, too, Altaira, and make sure to get BD out of the house every now and then! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:49pm

Post #52 of 300 (514 views)
Shortcut
My daughter's visiting for the first time in years! [In reply to] Can't Post

She lives in Los Angeles, and I manage to get there about once a year, but she's rarely come to Texas in the 9 years since her father died.

She didn't come to see me; her trip is sponsored by one of the local film festivals. Still, I'll take what I can get.

I'll take some fresh watermelon slushie or fruit, thanks, barkeep!

Best wishes to all TORnadoes and may you achieve your goooooooooooooaaaaaaaalssss!

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:50pm

Post #53 of 300 (509 views)
Shortcut
Oh my!! Cake and Puppy Awesomeness Alert!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm on the run today, but I just had to stop by your post before I head back out. :) Your Dalek cake really is awesome (wow!), and Scout is unbelievably *CUTE* (and apparently has an awesome personality, too)! :D

Thank you so much for posting the pictures, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Jazmine! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Jun 25 2010, 4:50pm)

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:51pm

Post #54 of 300 (506 views)
Shortcut
*looks at the time* [In reply to] Can't Post

*eyes cake*

what the hey, it's always a good time for cake Wink
*cuts herself a slice*

You can only come to the morning through the shadows

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 4:51pm

Post #55 of 300 (502 views)
Shortcut
Lol, gramma, great pics [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen the dragon before, so I recognized him. It looks like he's wearing camouflage now, lol.

Best of luck with all your projects!

*hugs*Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 25 2010, 4:52pm

Post #56 of 300 (499 views)
Shortcut
Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

*gives Evey a {hug} on the run* Don't work too hard! Wink

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:53pm

Post #57 of 300 (499 views)
Shortcut
LOL. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, and I hope you have a good weekend, GAndyalf! :)

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 4:53pm

Post #58 of 300 (504 views)
Shortcut
Just keep repeating... [In reply to] Can't Post

"what doesn't kill me makes me stronger." Crazy

Good luck with the continuing saga. May you have more highs than lows going forward. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:55pm

Post #59 of 300 (504 views)
Shortcut
maybe we need to consider putting superglue on the barstools [In reply to] Can't Post

can't let you get away so easily

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:56pm

Post #60 of 300 (503 views)
Shortcut
*hugs back* [In reply to] Can't Post

No worries; I actually like a lot of the work that I do, so it's all good. :)

Hope you have a great weekend, dernwyn! :)

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 4:56pm

Post #61 of 300 (509 views)
Shortcut
You better slow down, Alcarcalime [In reply to] Can't Post

All that excitement planned for the weekend. *can relate* Laugh

Sometimes, doing 'mundane' tasks is more relaxing that doing something to try to relax. So, enjoy!

TORn Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 4:57pm

Post #62 of 300 (510 views)
Shortcut
LOL!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That might be a bit uncomfortable, though... Laugh Laugh Laugh

Hope you have a great weekend, Oiotári!

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 4:58pm

Post #63 of 300 (534 views)
Shortcut
*holds out to-go cup as Evey slides by* [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great Friday and a great weekend, Evey!

*hugs*

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 4:59pm

Post #64 of 300 (544 views)
Shortcut
Erm [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure if that was a compliment or a complaint. LaughWink

I'll take it as a compliment though. Laugh

TORn Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 25 2010, 5:00pm

Post #65 of 300 (518 views)
Shortcut
At least [In reply to] Can't Post

now you'll get to see your daughter twice in one year! Smile

{Hugs}, Elanor!

Patty
Immortal

Jun 25 2010, 5:01pm

Post #66 of 300 (522 views)
Shortcut
Howdy! An iced Bailey's please, Altaira... [In reply to] Can't Post

that'll just about do me.

Happy weekend, every one.

Permanent address: Into the West

Must. Have. The Precious! Give us the Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set!

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 5:01pm

Post #67 of 300 (553 views)
Shortcut
Nice, Elanor! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you enjoy the time with your daughter, and may you have a fun, goal-achieving weekend yourself (even if your goal is just to get in some R&R). WinkLaugh

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 5:03pm

Post #68 of 300 (532 views)
Shortcut
*plunks ice cubes in large glass and sets bottle of Bailey's on the bar* [In reply to] Can't Post

It has to last you all weekend, after all. Wink

Wonderful to see you, as always, Patty. Have a wonderful weekend!

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

Jun 25 2010, 5:04pm

Post #69 of 300 (494 views)
Shortcut
** Puts "Self-serve" sign on the bar. Happy, fun weekend, everyone!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolLaughHeartSmile

TORn Calendar

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jun 25 2010, 5:11pm

Post #70 of 300 (517 views)
Shortcut
<wipes tears of laughter> [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh how I wish for a picture of THAT! Laugh

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 25 2010, 5:14pm

Post #71 of 300 (526 views)
Shortcut
If only you could argue with computers [In reply to] Can't Post

that would make life easier
unfortunately you can yell at them all you want, and they still won't change their mind

kept telling me something about "warning, singularity to working precision"
to which I couldn't help but thinking "gah, I've created a black hole!" Shocked Laugh

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jun 25 2010, 5:16pm

Post #72 of 300 (502 views)
Shortcut
<laughs> yeah, and I needed to lose the "Buddha-belly" too! [In reply to] Can't Post

After all, I'm not YOUR AGE anymore! Tongue An' I still have hopes of being happily married someday.

Not sure they'll "calm down" for a year or two, but eventually they should at least be a bit more even, and if not? I've still got friends. She doesn't! Evil (Sadly that's true. She has never in her life as an adult had a friend longer than two years. I hope that changes but it only will if she tackles it herself like I'm trying to do with my foibles)

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jun 25 2010, 5:17pm

Post #73 of 300 (506 views)
Shortcut
Which means in my son's alternate universe... [In reply to] Can't Post

That someone was getting your unwanted graph and was right relieved when you took it back! <His theory is that in the alternate universe there is a white hole corresponding to every black hole in ours. Yes, he's seven. *proud papa look*>

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jun 25 2010, 5:20pm

Post #74 of 300 (511 views)
Shortcut
That's tough for a life-long Klingon where the expression is... [In reply to] Can't Post

"What doesn't kill me is DEAD MEAT!" Laugh

Further to drop when the drop eventually comes that-a-way, but thank you for the sentiment. I'm guessing it works out if it's a very SLOW rise with each fall slightly less than the rise was so ultimately one ends up much higher than when they started? Smile OOOOHHH! BG is a lucky dude! A Pah-fill-a-SOPH-ical goil! Sly

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jun 25 2010, 5:23pm

Post #75 of 300 (523 views)
Shortcut
The highest compliment I know, Miss Altaira... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a gamer long ago in the mists of the past. When I say someone can keep a gamer from his game that is a compliment of the highest order <pushes up "geek glasses">

sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.