hobbit movie GDT
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Jun 6 2010, 10:23pm

Post #76 of 151 (177620 views)
Shortcut
Thanks ... [In reply to] Can't Post

You`ll sill be part of my life, just as you where since I saw El Espinazo del Diablo from the first time, here in town, in México.
Your stamp will be in the movies, we know that. And I will forever be so so proud of you as a fellow-countryman.

Thanks for all and I`m so looking forward to see your next work!

and please... Be one of us. Be with us... as you always been.

thanks

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2010, 10:31pm

Post #77 of 151 (63086 views)
Shortcut
you sound like you need some chocolate [In reply to] Can't Post

Here, it fixes everything Smile (okay, maybe not everything, but it will probably make you feel better)

You can only come to the morning through the shadows

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Jun 6 2010, 10:37pm

Post #78 of 151 (99318 views)
Shortcut
Just as... [In reply to] Can't Post

Lupin in Alfonso Cuarón`s Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Askaban...
Does this mean anything from a supernatural point of view?? Shocked

Tongue

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

Elven
Valinor

Jun 6 2010, 10:46pm

Post #79 of 151 (60601 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou Guillermo ... [In reply to] Can't Post

For me, it has been such an honour to have your words of wisdom on the forum, to read about your visions for the Hobbit, the excitement and conversation you have generated, to see such passion and enthusiams - you are a true inspiration.

Thankyou for the post - I cant imagine the sacrifices you have made to get this film off and running, and how hard it sounds for you to leave. Once more you prove yourself to be a man of substance and vision - to let go must be hard. When we finally watch the Hobbit, I know we will see your creative stamp all over it. There is no loss, only gain - the Hobbit will be enormously in debt to you for what you have done for it, contributed, and continue to do.
I wish you fair winds - and much success. The world is your oyster now - or is that your Pavlova.
Thankyou so much.

Elven

deej
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2010, 10:47pm

Post #80 of 151 (60939 views)
Shortcut
Look forward to seeing you at SDCC [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be nice to thank you for all the great work you've done in person!

"...and back again."

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2010, 10:48pm

Post #81 of 151 (181122 views)
Shortcut
what kind of supernatural thing did you have in mind? [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't thinking of HP, but that works too I suppose

I just find chocolate helps when I'm feeling down

You can only come to the morning through the shadows

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Jun 6 2010, 11:26pm

Post #82 of 151 (173176 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

I admit that while I always check the homepage, I haven't really been in The Hobbit section of the message boards much.
But I thank you for all the hard work and time you have put into the movie, two years is a long time. Thank you so much for dropping by TORn and posting. I hope this is not the last time your do so! Smile

Photobucket

'Help oft shall come from the hands of the weak when the Wise falter.'

Photobucket

"Yet in that hour was put to the proof that which Mithrandir had spoken, and help came from the hands of the weak when the Wise faltered."

duats
Grey Havens

Jun 6 2010, 11:44pm

Post #83 of 151 (150725 views)
Shortcut
As I've said before [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the work you've done on the films, and for hanging in there as long as you could. It doesn't go unappreciated, and I cannot emphasize how sincerely I mean that. And on a more geeky note, if nothing else, your design for Smaug had better remain intact in the final product.

All that's really left to say is all the best, and good luck with your future endeavors.

Huan71
Lorien

Jun 6 2010, 11:48pm

Post #84 of 151 (63631 views)
Shortcut
Guillermo, to have such a talented director... [In reply to] Can't Post

...as yourself no longer able to be a part of "The Hobbit" is our loss...and another films gain. Pan's Labyrinth is one of my all time favourite films and i instantly wanted so much to see your vision of Middle Earth...maybe your touch will still be there to see? I certainly hope so!!
I wish you all the best for the future, and will DEFINATELY be keeping an eye out for any future projects that you become involved with (especially the smaller, more independent ones!Wink)
Thank you for sharing your words with us here at TORN.
You'll be missed!Evil

AranNZ
The Shire

Jun 7 2010, 12:01am

Post #85 of 151 (64827 views)
Shortcut
With best wishes for the future and much respect... [In reply to] Can't Post

Guillermo,

I was shocked and saddened to hear of your departure, but I am sure you had the best of reasons and would have stayed if at all possible! Indeed, I was greatly looking forward to talking with you and helping to bring your vision for the Hobbit movies to life as part of the crew (once the greenlight was given and I was able to start on it)!

I hope you will take the words of everyone here and, from me personally, the "Oathbreaker" model kit that I gave you at your book signing session last year at the Weta Cave, as tokens of both our thanks for the enjoyment that you have given us to date through your cinematic (and now literary) works, and of our belief that there is much greatness to come from you.

I wish you the best of luck for your future projects and I am very much looking forward to an exciting slate of films from you in the coming years! I will continue to hope that perhaps one day I will have the chance to be a part of your crew on some other project.

Kindest regards,

Aran

(Sculptor, modelmaker)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2010, 12:14am

Post #86 of 151 (62184 views)
Shortcut
I'm not saying 'goodbye' [In reply to] Can't Post

as anyone who has been part of TORN's community remains within it, even if we don't see them on the discussion boards again - although I hope you will pop in occasionally over the coming years.

Thank you for putting so much of yourself into these films and for sharing your time with us on TORN. Best wishes to you and your family, Guillermo.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

rings7
Rohan

Jun 7 2010, 12:43am

Post #87 of 151 (64807 views)
Shortcut
All the Best to you Memo [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll all miss you.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2010, 1:19am

Post #88 of 151 (62312 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, and all the best to you, sir [In reply to] Can't Post

I look forward to seeing your contributions to the film, when it is released, and- now that you mentioned SDCC- fully expect to run into you there, as well.

Best of luck on your future projects.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2010, 1:27am

Post #89 of 151 (64661 views)
Shortcut
I wish you all the best, and [In reply to] Can't Post

the best for your family. Look forward to your next project.

As much as I am anticipating the Hobbit movies, I will always wonder what they would have been like had you been able to stay on. I've loved your work over the years and I'm so glad you were able to impact the design and the story of one of my favorite books.

Even though you are no longer an official voice for The Hobbit, you are very welcome to the message boards as a member of the TORN family. We don't let go that easily.

sample

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 7 2010, 2:23am

Post #90 of 151 (63213 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle-hug* You're a joy [In reply to] Can't Post

and your enthusiasm and generous openness with us throughout this process has been incredible.

I'm deeply grateful that you've given us your creations & writing for the films. I can't wait to see your Smaug, Trolls, Spiders and other inhabitants. Personally... I'm going to have a little game going for myself where I'll make a list of everything I see of YOU in these films. They will always be a representation of your passion for this project. That has never been in doubt, and never will be.

Please do feel comfy with coming here as often as you want. You're an official sibbie, and we take care of our own.

Thank you... so much. Peace, now :)

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jun 7 2010, 2:27am)

Eldameldo
Bree

Jun 7 2010, 2:49am

Post #91 of 151 (68019 views)
Shortcut
You've been wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

..and you will be missed. Thankfully your touch will be more than present in these movies.
Will watch for your other projects and I know we will enjoy every one of them! Thank you.

erugalathon1

Jun 7 2010, 2:50am

Post #92 of 151 (61830 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for everything. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all your hard work. Can't wait to see what your next project is.Wink

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 7 2010, 3:33am

Post #93 of 151 (63393 views)
Shortcut
(J.R.R.Tolkien: ROTK): "Go in peace! I will not say : 'do not weep' for not all tears are evil." [In reply to] Can't Post

You will be greatly missed.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 7 2010, 5:12am

Post #94 of 151 (61372 views)
Shortcut
Hail and well met, dear friend [In reply to] Can't Post

Guillermo,

Farewell from The Hobbit, but not from fandom, to be sure. I'm quite sure I'll be seeing you at SDCC and book signings and other events and look forward to whatever project you delve into next.

Don't be a stranger.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

My page in the Traveling Journal

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Jun 7 2010, 6:30am

Post #95 of 151 (63123 views)
Shortcut
It is a little bit of community agony [In reply to] Can't Post

I suspect people feel similarly to how I do, but it is personally painful for this all to transpire like this. Here is the project of a film fan's dream and a film creator's as well. The perfect collection of talent is seemingly in place and a series of events beyond anybody's control line up as hurdles that the project must overcome, eventually.

Time is the enemy. In film, always there is a shortage of time (and money) but here years are slipping away with not only no end but no beginning in clear sight.

Who can't sympathize with a filmmaker who wishes to actually make films rather than wait for the chance to make them? GDT (yes you sir!) is a creative force that is being held in check.

Circumstances have overcome our wishes but beyond all expectation, some level of community developed not only with the project but with the potential director. We knew to some extent, one of the voices behind the film. So we are disappointed. We are frustrated and we are even sad. (Over a movie!)

So here we are feeling a loss of a talent, a loss of our collective and individual vision of what might have been and a loss in our community but with understanding of the need to move, to step forward and create. (In fact, I bet many of us wish we had more of the attribute in ourselves that resisted sitting still and waiting for things to happen.)

So yes Guillermo, thank you. The ride was really fun! As you jump off our little trolley car, we wish you the best as our paths diverge but we will reunite with you in darkened theaters around the world as we carefully watch what you create and with a memory of the shared community. Like many others, I will read your books and view your films and delight in your storytelling.

I personally will thrill to climb the Mountain of Madness with you and learn what you and Chuck's vampire clans have in store for us or how Frankenstein will frighten us and teach us to empathize with a monster or whatever else you have waiting.

But for now, today, this kind of sucks. Evil

What doesn't suck is the effort you often made to communicate directly to us, unfiltered by agents or spin doctors or any form of the dreaded management.

Blah blah blah on and on I go. In short, you have our very best wishes in all your endeavors and our permanent thanks and respect for mingling with us in a way many in similar creative positions would never even conceive of. See you at the movies! (And SDCC for that matter.)

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

(This post was edited by MrCere on Jun 7 2010, 6:33am)

Doriath
Rivendell

Jun 7 2010, 7:21am

Post #96 of 151 (66858 views)
Shortcut
Goodbye for now [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for everything Guillermo. I will always wish for your version of the Hobbit. I knew from the second I learned this movie would be made that if by some miracle we could have GDT as director it would be the best of all possible worlds. And then, you were chosen. I couldn't believe it. Now, even though it would be a long wait, I had this amazing thing to look forward to. Now that has been taken away. I will try to retain hope for this project but it is difficult now and my heart isn't in it nearly as much now that you will not be behind the camera. The knowledge that there are many amazing GDT films to come is however helping me get through the feeling of loss and I look forward to all of your future projects!

May the road rise with you!

Doriath

The Trees will have their revenge!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 7 2010, 9:30am

Post #97 of 151 (70191 views)
Shortcut
*raises mug* Hear, hear! *mods up* /// [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

MartyB
Rivendell

Jun 7 2010, 10:05am

Post #98 of 151 (62353 views)
Shortcut
Sorry To See You Go [In reply to] Can't Post

All the best GDT. Your a fantastic person and i have a lot of respect for you. I wish you and your family the best for the future. I haven't seen any of your movies except Hellboy (1), but i'm going to watch the rest now.

Martin

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2010, 10:40am

Post #99 of 151 (64684 views)
Shortcut
Special thanks to your family as well [In reply to] Can't Post

for supporting you in the big geographical and emotional journey.

I have a copy of The Hobbit signed by PJ. If and when the film appears, I will see your signature there in fantasy.

May your creativity and integrity continue to inspire us throughout a long and successful career.

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2010, 11:04am

Post #100 of 151 (63424 views)
Shortcut
This is the end of a chapter, not of a book, the story will go on... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm the kind of person who needs closure - I've never been able to live my life having loose ends left about, and I needed some sort of closure on this whole thing - and what you've just said gives it me, in a way.

In Reply To
Perhaps even sooner than we may anticipate we will all look at the finished film and then- I will tear up whenever I recognize a set or a creature or a quirk created under my supervision. Everyone on these boards will get two movies. Me? I will be watching filmic family albums. Photos of my children from far away.

Knowing you're keeping up the faith in these incredible films makes me realize I must too. The road does go on... this isn't the end...

All the best wherever you fare GDT. I have nothing more to say. And I don't think I need to Heart

(This post was edited by Earl on Jun 7 2010, 11:11am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.