Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
**Hello? Hello? Hope it's ok, but I'm going to open the bar for Fiesta today...**
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:28pm

Post #1 of 190 (679 views)
Shortcut
**Hello? Hello? Hope it's ok, but I'm going to open the bar for Fiesta today...** Can't Post

Only because I want to show off my new footer shirt!

**Ta-Da!**

Pink Lady drinks all around -- and Pink Lady music on the juke box, in honor of Magpie, who gave me my new look --- what a tech-seamstress!

I'll bar tend a bit until the real one shows up...or someone jump back here and help, please..

Cheers all -- tell us of your weekend plans and name your drink of choice today!

Weaver

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:32pm

Post #2 of 190 (436 views)
Shortcut
Hi weaver [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the shirt, very nice

well, I'm going to a meeting thing about something happening later this summer a few hours away
(wow, that was vague)

then on Sunday I'm going to a renaissance fair

It's been a pretty blah week (not bad, just not interesting)
of course that's aside from the boards Wink

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:35pm

Post #3 of 190 (450 views)
Shortcut
Here's some mead to get you in the Ren-Fair spirit... [In reply to] Can't Post

*insert Medieval toast here* -- enjoy yourself

And now you have me all curious about those vague meeting plans!

Weaver

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:38pm

Post #4 of 190 (438 views)
Shortcut
Friday already? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess that 4-day weekend through off my sense of time worse than I thought!

Spent last weekend driving to and from Indiana to visit my granny in the hospital. She took a bad fall and broke her neck (two of the vertebrae in her neck were no longer connected), but the surgery went better than expected and she's doing well-ish again. She's still in the hospital, but they've moved her out of trauma and she's able to walk to and from her wheelchair, which is a great sign.

After so much excitement last weekend, I'm looking forward to a weekend at home! Many projects to be picked back up and I made a Borders run and came away with two new books to get started reading (as soon as I finish up the current one). No idea what I'll get to this weekend, but I'm okay with that Cool

Love the new footer, weaver! How long until we hook you up with an avatar? A sparkly pink crown to go with the new shirt, perhaps?

I'll just have a beer and be over here in the corner with some glitter Evil Happy Friday, everyone!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for June

(This post was edited by Arwen's daughter on Jun 4 2010, 4:38pm)

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:39pm

Post #5 of 190 (747 views)
Shortcut
I thnk we should do a toast to Guillermo, too...so here's to you, sir! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wistfully hoping he was going to be our bartender today -- if he shows up, I will gladly step aside...

But in honor of one of the favoritest of folks around here -- please join me in a special toast to Guillermo, who will always be welcome in our halls.

"To creative genius, fellowship, and the mark you've made on the Hobbit and all of us!"

Weaver

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:40pm

Post #6 of 190 (452 views)
Shortcut
how about just some sparkling apple cider [In reply to] Can't Post

*is underage, so can't drink*

believe me, my vague plans aren't very exciting, just an informational meeting
But what its informing me about are exciting plans (a few weeks at some physics labs)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:40pm

Post #7 of 190 (424 views)
Shortcut
It's been too many years since I've been by the local Ren. Fair [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems like every year my friends and I sit around and talk about how we all want to go, but then we never get past that stage Crazy

Hope the Renaissance fair is more interesting than your week has been!

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:42pm

Post #8 of 190 (436 views)
Shortcut
Here's a healing potient for your granny... [In reply to] Can't Post

And a nice glittery beer for you!

Ooh..a crown..yes, I could get into that. But I've got an avatar wardrobe that came with the shirt, just need to do a few more tech-sit-ups to fit into it!

Happy reading weekend to you!

Weaver

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:43pm

Post #9 of 190 (449 views)
Shortcut
To Guillermo [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, you will always be welcome

(unfortunately he's invisible, so we can't see if he's planing on joining us or not...)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:43pm

Post #10 of 190 (438 views)
Shortcut
*Raises glass* [In reply to] Can't Post

May he never again be plagued by slow-moving studios. I wish nothing but the best for him and his future projects.

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 4 2010, 4:44pm

Post #11 of 190 (483 views)
Shortcut
Love the shirt [In reply to] Can't Post

great colour! And I already knew you are a tech-princess.

Just going to go on as if this is the real Fiesta-thread. Of course you have the keys to open the bar.

I had the most crazy busy week, but it was rewarding.

I'm the personal assistant to a professor who had to give a formal lecture this week. So that gave a lot of work. But as a support of the lecture we are having an exhibition in a museum with work the students made last year. And that entire exhibition had to be build last week. Unfortunately for me the people who said that they would help didn't give all the help I thought they were going to give. Which meant that I had to do almost everything. But the result is amazing. Some picture of the building of the exhibition can be seen on the site of the museum (link, click on the images and there are more to be seen) and I'm really proud my name can be seen in the exhibition (link to a picture in my Facebook). Productie = production, and yes that is me. So I'm really proud and going to shout it off the roof tops.
The next week I'll be at the exhibition, keeping track of the students who will be present there.

So I think I'm in need of a drink, only I don't know what to pick. It is really nice and sunny outside. But I was inside with airco the entire day.
Choices, choices, well, just going for a fresh orange juice, sunshine in a glass.

sample

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:45pm

Post #12 of 190 (449 views)
Shortcut
oops.. sorry, did not mean to corrupt you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cider is good, yes. Now, who wants this mead???

Exciting weeks at a Physics Lab? Now there certainly is a tale to be told there, I bet!

Weaver

GAndyalf
Valinor

Jun 4 2010, 4:45pm

Post #13 of 190 (445 views)
Shortcut
There's been some movement... [In reply to] Can't Post

Have no idea whether it's good or not. But here's to hope for eucatastrophes for everyone! <gladly accepts mead> Will post more later, but wanted to get an early Fiesta post in 'cause, well, the light at the tunnel is either the end of the tunnel or, as the Oscar-winning rabbit might say, "southbound for a northbound moose. Maybe it's the other way around in revoise? I'd better look it up." So while I'm waiting for it to be looked up some good things MIGHT happen as early as next week.
{{{{{{{TORnfolk}}}}}}}

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:46pm

Post #14 of 190 (448 views)
Shortcut
Wooo! I'm so excited! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are going to look at some 4 week old Border Collie pups tomorrow, the breeder has got a specific one in mind for us, so all being well, we should be able to bring him home in 4 weeks!

I'm ridiculously excited! Been doing lots of reading on training, and I'm looking into joining agility classes at some point too!

Had a 3 day week at work this week, which was nice, but I still find myself very tired today! Early night tonight as we have a two hour plus drive to see the puppies tomorrow! It's in quite a nice bit of the country, so we are going to make a day of it, have a nice lunch somewhere and go for a walk.

I've seen alot of my Dad this week, which has been great. My brother and his family have been on hols, so we've been going round to Dad's for dinner. I've really enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time with him without my brother and the kids being there! That might sound a bit odd, but it's been really nice!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 4:46pm

Post #15 of 190 (443 views)
Shortcut
I'll raise a glass to Guillermo [In reply to] Can't Post

I was sorry to see him leave the director's chair.

And here's another toast to weaver who earned her t-shirt by successfully making an edit on the wiki.

Someone of you might remember how weaver would evoke the deer in the headlights state when any amount of 'technical' explanation got offered to her. Now she's carrying footer and editing on the wiki. It is testament to my faith that anyone can learn these things if they have enough commitment and patience.

And in case you can't tell, the image on the tshirt is of that deer in the headlights with a bar running through it.

But now, I must run. I'm trying to get out of the house early enough for errands to miss the Friday afternoon traffic.

cheers all.
m

LOTR soundtrack website ~ May 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:48pm

Post #16 of 190 (426 views)
Shortcut
Wow, first Best Actress, and now your name on an Exhibit! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just remember us little people when you reach the ranks of rich and famous!

Congrats on your exhibit success -- and nice to have your talented self around here...

Here's your orange juice special -- Cheers!

Weaver

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 4 2010, 4:48pm

Post #17 of 190 (448 views)
Shortcut
Too Guillermo [In reply to] Can't Post

with a big thanks for stopping by and keeping us up to date all the time.
You'll be missed.
And all the best for all the wonderful future projects that will come on your way.

sample

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:49pm

Post #18 of 190 (445 views)
Shortcut
I'll join that toast [In reply to] Can't Post

I am very grateful for everything he has put into the Hobbit project, and I look forward to getting a glimpse of his unique creative input when we finally see the films.

Cheers Guillermo, and the very best of luck in all of your future endeavours. X

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:50pm

Post #19 of 190 (424 views)
Shortcut
Sprinkles good luck glitter into GAndyalf's mead... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to good things happening to you -- next week and always!

Weaver

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:53pm

Post #20 of 190 (430 views)
Shortcut
Great shirt! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm reminded of my three-year-old grandaughter's shirt: "When I grow up I'm going to be either a princess or a doctor." Considering that her mother is a doctor....

Whew! I just finished uploading yet another of my old novels to Amazon Kindle -- this one dating from 1992. Nothing like finding new life (and royalties Smile ) in the back closet!

This afternoon the Gaffer and I are off the Texas Scottish Festival, one of our favorite events of the year. Music, men in kilts, more music, more men in kilts, and a chance to visit with TORn's own Morrowdim -- what's not to like?

I'll tell you what's not to like. The heat. It's always hot out there, often over 90, but this weekend we're expecting record high temperatures of 100 or so. Gack! But we're used to taking bit hats, lots of sunblock, gallons or water, etc., out there with us. I just hope all the musicians, who give it their all despite the heat, don't suffer heat exhaustion.

It's times like this that make me wonder about the passage in "Three's Company" in FotR, where the hobbits are setting off for their first full day of walking across the Shire: "When their breakfast was over, and their packs all trussed up again, it was after ten o'clock, and the day was beginning to turn fine and hot."

I have to wonder what the Professor meant by "hot". Certainly not temperatures any higher than 80 or 85, or he'd never have added the word "fine"!

I'll have a Gatorade over ice to go, please. Thanks for opening the bar, weaver!

*stuffs tip jar with tartan ribbon*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:53pm

Post #21 of 190 (445 views)
Shortcut
**frantically looks through drink recipe book** [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, cannot find something that says "appropriate for getting a border collie**

But, since puppies and warm milk seem to go together, here's a cup of cocoa?

Enjoy your family time and thanks for stopping by! And make sure to post puppy photos for us...we love that stuff here!

Weaver

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:54pm

Post #22 of 190 (446 views)
Shortcut
A Ren Faire sounds like fun [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a lot of Ren Faire about our Scottish Festival -- the SCA is usually camped out there, for one thing. Have a great time!

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:56pm

Post #23 of 190 (417 views)
Shortcut
A peaceful weekend to you [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope your granny's up and about again soon, and that you enjoy your new books.

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:56pm

Post #24 of 190 (442 views)
Shortcut
I've had photo requests from everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even my Dad asked me to text him a photo when we are there! I will certainly post one here!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jun 4 2010, 4:57pm

Post #25 of 190 (453 views)
Shortcut
*skids in*... Aargh!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rats!! I offer to sub today, and then something occurs that's out of my control (nothing really bad, thankfully-- just some unforeseen technical issues). And I've always done my best to be reliable even when my computer isn't... :( :( :(

In sincere apology to everyone, drinks/food/etc. are on me for the rest of the day! (Sorry again! :( )

...P.S: That *is* a great shirt, weaver (and Magpie!). BTW, thank you for saving Fiesta! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.