The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
deleting posts

Wynnie
Rohan

Feb 21 2007, 2:07pm

Post #1 of 4 (309 views)
Shortcut
deleting posts Can't Post

Are deletions (by posters, not admins) limited to the 10-minute edit window? And does it make a difference whether there have been replies to your post?
Just curious; I don't have anything I want to delete yet.

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 21 2007, 4:28pm

Post #2 of 4 (230 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the 10 minute edit window is the limit [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think you can delete your post if someone's replied, but I'll experiment with that later when I get home from work.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Wynnie
Rohan

Feb 21 2007, 5:46pm

Post #3 of 4 (226 views)
Shortcut
a couple of follow-up questions [In reply to] Can't Post

Does the 10-minute clock restart each time you edit a post, or is the post frozen 10 minutes after the original post time? For instance, say you post at 10:30, then decide you want to change something. You make your updates and post the revised version at 10:36. If you're still not satisfied, do you have until 10:40 or 10:46 to edit again?

Also, do replies have any effect on your ability to edit a post, or do you get the 10 minutes regardless?

Again, just curious; if you don't have the answers, I can always experiment on my own.

Owlamoo
ink drawing by JRRT

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 21 2007, 6:13pm

Post #4 of 4 (248 views)
Shortcut
I do know that... [In reply to] Can't Post

...if you take longer than 10 minutes to write/format/compose your edit.. you lose the ability to do so. That is, the clock does not stop ticking when you hit 'edit'.

no longer just aMagpie... I'm now *the* Magpie

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.