First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 2 2010, 11:58pm

Post #76 of 94 (454 views)
Shortcut
Question for entmaiden [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm curious why you ordered this two items the way you did

Keep it secret, keep it safe… surprise for TPTB (early planning, how we kept the news from TPTB)

How did it originate? (gramma’s TIME, weaver’s mathom, early planning)

It seems to me the second one predates the first one. The idea originated... then planning began.

Is there something I'm missing here or shall we just switch those two around in order?

thanks.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ May 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jun 3 2010, 1:27am

Post #77 of 94 (464 views)
Shortcut
Ok then! :))) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks dernie! Um it'll have to wait until next week though, totally forgot that hubby is taking me out to dinner tomorrow night (just the two of us Cool) for my birthday and then it's a long weekend here. So I'm busy till next Tuesday!

Yep sil was my partner in crime on the VIP's, I'll drop him a PM and see if he wants to join in the remembrances WinkSmile

sample

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

~TORnado Babies~~10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal~
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 2:48am

Post #78 of 94 (460 views)
Shortcut
3E : Footers [In reply to] Can't Post

I have written down what I think might be important about the Footers for last years celebration.

What I would love is for someone good editor to take a look and make whatever improvements it needs. Feel free to make any edits: grammatical, organization, deleting, etc.

If there seems to be anything missing or something too confusing, let me know and I'll do my best to address it.

The page is here: http://mathom-house.net/...php/Main/10ACFooters

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 3:15am

Post #79 of 94 (429 views)
Shortcut
When you guys are ready to start [In reply to] Can't Post

I've created a page for you to work on.

http://mathom-house.net/index.php/Main/10ACVIP

I've copied the general outline onto that page for you to reference and left a few notes and links. You can delete any of these whenever you like.

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 3:33am

Post #80 of 94 (428 views)
Shortcut
I'm looking at sections 1 & 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Keep it secret, keep it safe... surprise for TPTB (early planning, how we kept the news from TPTB)

NEED: A general write up of this section. There are no links to research or post.
VOLUNTEER(S): This probably is best done by someone involved in the planning of last years event. Let's see if we can recruit from that group before soliciting from outside that group. It could be done by teams who decide to work together. Communications that took place amongst planning groups should not be shared with people not on those planning groups unless everyone who contributed to the content to be shared signs off on it.

2. How did it originate? (gramma's TIME, weaver's mathom, early planning)
A: NEED: links to gramma's TIME and weaver's mathom DONE

B: NEED: general write up of this section

B: VOLUNTEER(S): This probably is best done by someone involved in the planning of last years event. Let's see if we can recruit from that group before soliciting from outside that group. It could be done by teams who decide to work together. Communications that took place amongst planning groups should not be shared with people not on those planning groups unless everyone who contributed to the content to be shared signs off on it.

I think these two sections need someone who was in from the very beginning, which I think you were, weren't you entmaiden?

I also am a little unclear about the division - in terms of 'early planning' - between the two sections and why the origination is second to what seems to be the actual planning of the event (keep it secret...). I'm guessing you've got a good reason for ordering it that way but I'm not understanding it.

gramma volunteered for 2 but I collected the links while I was doing something else. So all that's left is the 'write up' and I'm not sure if she was agreeing to the write up (and I kind of hope she wasn't since she's got two other articles she's supposed to work on before she volunteers for anything else!).

All my dilemmas would be solved if you could either take on these two sections or, if that is too much (I have no clue what those sections will entail) then help provide more direction for someone taking on the one you would not take one.

The only sections left besides 1 and 2 are not as important, IMO. One is what other sites wrote about it and that can be researched over time and by me if no one else steps up. Whereas I don't think I can do 1 or 2. The other remaining section is the personal reflection which will happen when it's meant to happen.

What do you think?

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 3:34am

Post #81 of 94 (434 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Magpie [In reply to] Can't Post

And I've heard back from sil too, he's a bit snowed under in RL at the moment, so it's going to be mostly what I remember of what we did. Hope that'll be enough! ShockedBlush

sample

~TORnado Babies~~10th Anniversary Thank You Cards to VIP's~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal~
One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 4:14am

Post #82 of 94 (464 views)
Shortcut
Nothing on a wiki is ever done to the extent that changes can't be made [In reply to] Can't Post

So what you remember will be good enough. If you remember something down the road... you just come back and add it.

The links are already collected. If you concentrate on the development and planning of the VIP section, other people can make notes about the individual contributions. What's most important, from you, is the stuff that only you and sil would know.

And remember what I told Altaira... imagine you're being interviewed by someone only somewhat familiar with the event. What would they want to know. It's the heart of the matter that's the most important down the road.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jun 4 2010, 4:26am

Post #83 of 94 (434 views)
Shortcut
Ok [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks I'll keep all that in mind and see what I can come up with.

Cheers Magpie Heart

sample

One book to find them
And in TORn bind them

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 4 2010, 5:13am

Post #84 of 94 (583 views)
Shortcut
So sorry for the delayed response [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in client meetings every day this week and the hotel has a terrible internet connection, so I haven't been able to check in.

I agree - the order probably should be switched. The original idea came from weaver and gramma, and when we formed the committee, we decided to keep the party a surprise for TPTB.

Whoever writes this part is free to merge the two topics if they find that's a better way to manage the topic.

sample

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 4 2010, 1:32pm

Post #85 of 94 (461 views)
Shortcut
Just FYI... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime next week! Well, okay, it's more like the adventure of the week. Tongue I'm going to be a walking den leader for my son's cub scout day camp and take thirteen 9-10 year old boys around to all their activities at the camp. I feel like Gandalf...now all we need is a Bilbo!

Anyway, I won't be able to work on the wiki until after next week. Is that okay? We aren't on a deadline, are we? If you need it sooner than that, I don't have any problem with someone else taking over. Smile

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 2:07pm

Post #86 of 94 (461 views)
Shortcut
we aren't on any deadline that your adventure will interfere with :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it will take you long at all to write your entry for the Valaquenta so I wouldn't worry at all.

I have a page on the wiki started for you and I may add the links needed to get started to get you set up.

Enjoy your outing. You should have a staff to carry around. Then you'd really feel like Gandalf. (it might even come in handy with herding 13 boys. Kind of like a shepherd's crook.)

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 4 2010, 7:07pm

Post #87 of 94 (444 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I do have a cedar branch that my brother made into a walking stick that I'm thinking of bringing. Cool

As far as obtaining permission to post a picture of the Valaquenta, do I just need to get permission from Daniel? Or do I need permission from the PTB of TORn, since it appeared on the home page?

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 8:05pm

Post #88 of 94 (426 views)
Shortcut
I don't rightly know. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping maybe someone with more knowledge than me might offer an opinion on our ability to use the picture. We can link to it, as well. So if no one offers an opinion and you're not keen on figuring it out, we can just link to the image in the Home Page article.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 4 2010, 8:30pm

Post #89 of 94 (434 views)
Shortcut
I just emailed Daniel about that. [In reply to] Can't Post

I asked his permission to post an image of it, but if it was going to be a big legal ordeal, then we'd just link to the home page. I'll let you know what he says.

You know, cuz, he and I, we're like this: *crosses index and middle fingers really, really tightly*

Cool

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 4 2010, 10:38pm

Post #90 of 94 (417 views)
Shortcut
lol // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 5 2010, 4:19am

Post #91 of 94 (500 views)
Shortcut
I'm 'watching' the thread so I'll be notified if anyone responds in here [In reply to] Can't Post

When we need to regroup a bit, I'll start a new thread after this one falls off the first page.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 5 2010, 11:54am

Post #92 of 94 (454 views)
Shortcut
*bookmarks the link* [In reply to] Can't Post

Basically, just put in whatever you can find, and don't feel you need to rush - undoubtedly things will keep "surfacing" as we go along! Laugh

And I'll try to put it together from an "outsider's" viewpoint - since I really am, for this, 'twas you two who did all this work, and I'm looking forward to finding out how you did it! So I'll write it up in a way that someone unfamiliar with it would find it easy to understand.

And we'll pick sil's brain when need be. (I've been admonishing him for the past couple of days to take it easy on himself and get help if he needs it - I don't want any more boats capsizing beneath him! Crazy)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sample

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 13 2010, 2:13pm

Post #93 of 94 (420 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh... April 26th [In reply to] Can't Post

hasn't been added yet. I'll pull that together and later check for any others :)

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 13 2010, 3:41pm

Post #94 of 94 (467 views)
Shortcut
Sorry this has taken [In reply to] Can't Post

so long, Magpie. I'm determined to get it done today!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.