Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
How about that? Another Friday and another Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:24pm

Post #126 of 235 (472 views)
Shortcut
What fun! A present from RWTR! [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't it fun to get a present from yourself? :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:25pm

Post #127 of 235 (548 views)
Shortcut
Hey, long time no see! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your new porch!

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:27pm

Post #128 of 235 (544 views)
Shortcut
I *love* this post! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm right there with you. I was so glad to see my kids grow up and become independent. My daughter is home now, between jobs, and I love having her here, but I'll be so glad when she gets her next job, especially now that she's no longer afraid to be independent.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:29pm

Post #129 of 235 (460 views)
Shortcut
A little writing and a little sewing sound lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't say the same for a little cleaning. I try to avoid that as much as possible. Have a pleasant weekend!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:31pm

Post #130 of 235 (470 views)
Shortcut
Ouch! [In reply to] Can't Post

People I've known who have had shingles say it's awful. I hope you feel much better very soon. {{{{gentle hug}}}}

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:33pm

Post #131 of 235 (468 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget to count your purse! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know how annoying that is, forgetting your wallet!

In her last few years, when I took my mom folk dancing, before we left to go home she'd say "Wait, let me count my purse." And I'd say, a-la-Count-on-Sesame-Street, "One! That's one purse! Ha ha ha ha!" So whenever I forget mine, I say "Darn, I forgot to count my purse."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 22 2010, 3:36pm

Post #132 of 235 (484 views)
Shortcut
Your subject line struck me oddly ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Refreshement? Fried brains? Ick! :-D

Sound like the shoulder-rubbing elves might be a good idea.

I'm reminded of the stanza in "Away with Rum":

'We do not like backrubs, we think they're a crime.
We will always condemn them in song and in rhyme.
An alcohol backrub is worse than straight gin
When you think of the liquor absorbed through your skin."

Here is definitely better than the bar. Hope your weekend lightens up a bit soon!

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:44pm

Post #133 of 235 (485 views)
Shortcut
{{{{{{Altaira}}}}}} [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad you're feelin' more yourself again! Can you send me some of those elves that come at your snap? I have to pack up a whole house by myself! Frown
But more about that in my own neck o'this thread! Awesome that ex-sis-in-law and you are on good terms! My 1st marriage I never met a single in-law, parental nor sibling. T'was passing strange, aye! 2nd one there weren't many that SHE was on good terms with. I need to find a nice, sensible FANGURL (NOT)! hehehe
Awesome weekend to all!

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:45pm

Post #134 of 235 (470 views)
Shortcut
But THEN I couldn't SEE! ;-D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:47pm

Post #135 of 235 (729 views)
Shortcut
Fingers and toes, GOOD! Eyes, BAD! (for crossing, that is!) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the well-wishes. More on what happened after I properly thank everyone who helped!

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:50pm

Post #136 of 235 (468 views)
Shortcut
{{{{{{{Arwen's Daughter}}}}}}} Thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:54pm

Post #137 of 235 (472 views)
Shortcut
<In his best/worst cockney> Why, THANK yer, Mum! [In reply to] Can't Post

{{{{{{{Jazmine}}}}}}}

Your honeymoon w/Neil was a WON-derful distraction! Thank you BOTH for sharing your joy and a true treasure-trove of a honeymoon with we on these boards! I appreciate your joy in my moment of sorrow.

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:55pm

Post #138 of 235 (473 views)
Shortcut
<In his 'fair-to-middling' Southern draw> Ah THANK ya, Ma'am!// [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:56pm

Post #139 of 235 (540 views)
Shortcut
{{{{{{{Eventides}}}}}}} Thank you!// [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 7:58pm

Post #140 of 235 (456 views)
Shortcut
{{{{{{{Patty}}}}}}} Thank you, Miss Patty! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:04pm

Post #141 of 235 (469 views)
Shortcut
<switches authors to Stephen R Donaldson> [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, my friend! I have beheld a wonderful story" ---Saltheart Foamfollower

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:06pm

Post #142 of 235 (466 views)
Shortcut
"Say it isn't SO, Ethel!" (apologies to Ray Stevens) [In reply to] Can't Post

"It" went better than might have been but not so well as might be hoped - in short, 'bout what could be expected
{{{{{{{{{{{Ethel-Shadow! hehehe}}}}}}}}}}}}

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:10pm

Post #143 of 235 (463 views)
Shortcut
<Bows low to the Irish Lady, then switches to Star Trek mode> [In reply to] Can't Post

"Capital thinking lieutenant" (the morning after) "Note to the log, no more serving of Romulan Ale at state events!"

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:11pm

Post #144 of 235 (470 views)
Shortcut
{{{{{{{Lothlorian}}}}}}} Thank you, m'lady! // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:13pm

Post #145 of 235 (533 views)
Shortcut
"The Man in the Moon Stayed Up Too Late"!... [In reply to] Can't Post

No worries, Oiotari! It went fairly well with a few disappointments, but a few small victories as well and THANK YOU for the well-wishes in spirit!

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:15pm

Post #146 of 235 (460 views)
Shortcut
<Flying tackle hug for gramma!> [In reply to] Can't Post

I still hope for a peaceful solution as well, though the other half presses her "nuclear button" every time my lawyer and I so much as make a suggestion (and for the record, she had a lawyer before I did). It's going to take her gambit of accusing me of child abuse to be fully debunked before she'll sue for peace but if she knew how little harm I intend her she'd certainly feel ridiculous for all this expensive nonsense.

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:23pm

Post #147 of 235 (477 views)
Shortcut
If I were to explain it all end-to-end it would take just over 2 1/2 hours... [In reply to] Can't Post

The "Cliff Notes" version is I filed for divorce on 1 Feb. Immediately and without warning my soon-to-be-Ex pushed the "Global Thermonuclear War" button by taking our son and going to the abused spouse/child facility and claiming I choked my son. The Dept of Human Services and the military base where I work have cleared me of any wrongdoing, but the civilian court with zero evidence granted my wife a permanent restraining order, which could at any day get me discharged from the military approximately 1 1/2 years short of being able to retire (at least a Reserve retirement, which is very different from Active Duty). Lawyers and a Child and Family Investigator have been hired and it's only going to get worser before it gets better. Anyone wanting to sit upon the ground and hear sad stories of the death of a marriage is welcome at the pub of their choice here in the Springs.

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:25pm

Post #148 of 235 (524 views)
Shortcut
<in memory of a short correspondence> ;-D [In reply to] Can't Post

{{{{{{{AuntDoraBaggins}}}}}}}

Thanks, Auntie Dora! 'Spanation in my post to follow...

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:39pm

Post #149 of 235 (482 views)
Shortcut
Well, my pirated internet didn't let me on last night so instead I went to the movies... [In reply to] Can't Post

And saw Shrek, the Final Chapter. If there's interest I'll write up a review, but the court rulings follow here:
Sadly, it looks as if I'll make it to Tol Eressea after all. The court decided that she keeps sole decision-making for him and that I have to continue in supervised parenting, though they DID change the venue in a way that's MUCH better for me - 9 hours per week instead of 2 1/2 plus a joint therapy session. Also, as soon as the court-ordered therapist starts the one that my wife has had him seeing will stop and THAT will be a huge lift all by itself! I pay no alimony at all but a very hefty $1060/mo in child support. I suspect that the $260 above what the support should have been is really alimony in disguise but called child support so I'd have less heartburn about paying it or the court have more leverage in forcing me to. I'd commented in testimony that she already had at least 8 accounts in collections and that I'd rather pay bills direct than alimony so I suspect that this is the magistrate's middle-ground on that. Overall, I'd score it at 3 small victories for me, 2 for Anne. I'll take it because I know the Child and Family Investigator is not happy with Anne or the CASA supervisor because she'd come to observe Beren and I and was turned away by the caseworker assigned to our family by CASA. Ultimately it will be the CFI's recommendation to the court that will have the greatest impact on child-time with each parent so I'm thinking that Anne is annoying the wrong person, especially since Anne has also been dragging her feet about cooperating with the CFI. So while the news isn't as good as might be hoped-for - especially given that I likely will not get to see my boy next Friday for my b-day - still I sense the tide may be turning. I also found out that our son had been suspended from school within the last couple of weeks. Summer vacation starts for him this Monday (or today if you like). The financials are mostly an afterthought and of a truth, apart from her overspending on credit cards and my impending default on my mortgage because of what I'll have to pay her and pay to see my son for a pittance 9 hours per week, 36 per month at a cost of $1440 for those 36 hours ($40/hr).
I'm at peace, my fellow TORnfolk - TORnSIBS (sticks his tongue out at Eowyn of Penns Woods). I have not picked a single fight in this, nor do I intend on it. Whatever wounds this female version of Morgoth Bauglir intends to rend what is left of our "world" with, I intend on healing with the sole exception of our relationship as spouses. That wound is for another to heal in time. But our relationship as friends must at least be healed as well as Frodo's wound from Weathertop because an innocent boy depends upon it and all her slings and arrows, as outrageous as any of Fortune's.
I apologize for the end of this sounding either "better-than-she" or simply showboating. Please understand this is simply my way of coping - with humour. In the end what is best is what puts myself AND ANNE in the BEST position to provide love, shelter, and teaching to Beren. I do not and will not forget that simple truth.

Namarie and THANK YOU, dear mellyn,
Andrew/GAndyalf

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 22 2010, 8:44pm

Post #150 of 235 (471 views)
Shortcut
<stands on chair> Here's to Lady Jazmine! <Raises pint o'bitters> [In reply to] Can't Post

MANY more happy years! Smile

sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.