Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
How about that? Another Friday and another Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 24 2010, 10:30pm

Post #226 of 235 (663 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks, Ethel... [In reply to] Can't Post

And thanks also to Ataahua for being thoughtful enough to scrub the names of the 3rd party folks that were listed in the original post as they rightly deserve their privacy as well.

Anything that requires a lawyer's attentiion (and therefore can be measured in time) is charged, and charged at a rate of $250/hr and higher. Pirate

Yes, I'm certain maintaining my bearing kept it from being much worse than it was - I was just kinda feelin' sorry for myself when I wrote that post this morning. But I never stay "down" long! Smile

Sadly, my wife was - how do you say... HIGH MAINTENANCE! Tongue So I really don't have any friends w/in 500 miles of here. I'll do what I can and pay the moving company what I don't get done. I'll start with my own stuff (which is quite small, really) and go from there.

You take CARE o'yourself, mellon hiril ShadowEthel! Sly No carpal-tunnel-hurtsesss!

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

sample

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 24 2010, 10:35pm

Post #227 of 235 (681 views)
Shortcut
<wry grin> [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I got more people "in my corner" but none of 'em are in a position to make the outcomes different! Evil
Never worry about what is clever or wise, when words come from the heart they move a Power far greater and deeper than mere banter or even sage learning. I sincerely am gratefull for each post made here supporting me during this difficult time. I also understand that Life is rarely fair. And though Samwise will probably never be a favourite character of mine, it was his oft-quoted telling of the great stories and what made them memorable that keeps me going when I've plenty of opportunity to "turn back", as it were. There is a star through the rent clouds of Mordor and that is my son.

sample

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

May 24 2010, 11:02pm

Post #228 of 235 (662 views)
Shortcut
Actually, [In reply to] Can't Post

I am an Ohian by choice. I was born in Los Angeles -- third generation Angeleno. Even though I've lived in Ohio for 43 years, I always was a Californian and will always be a Californian.

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 25 2010, 3:41am

Post #229 of 235 (637 views)
Shortcut
I'm so dense [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't get the "shadow" thing--but it sounds cool. ( I was a jackdaw for awhile, too. I like my extra nicknames: "Beware of the ShadowEthel, and the Bite of the Fearsome Jackdaw." Wink)

I'm sorry you have to pack alone. Maybe we could all have a Packing Party here: you could download every single podcast, and "play them as you pack" (sung to "Whistle While you Work" ) and check in with us from time to time to let us know how you're doing--sort of a Packing Fiesta Friday!

I'm typing with the eraser end of two pencils, one in each hand--but it's starting to hurt so I think I'll call it a night (hmmm--I wonder what on earth else "they" call it??Crazy).

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

May 25 2010, 4:41pm

Post #230 of 235 (716 views)
Shortcut
I assumed by phone [In reply to] Can't Post

and hey, at least they realized there was a problem with cassettes

I just picked up a book on Fortran, here it goes...

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 25 2010, 6:23pm

Post #231 of 235 (629 views)
Shortcut
"Ephel Duath" = "Mountains of Shadow" ;-D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

May 25 2010, 6:45pm

Post #232 of 235 (628 views)
Shortcut
*mumbles something unintelligible about the legal system* [In reply to] Can't Post

though it often the rulings make sense, sometimes they give me this face Crazy

doesn't help that I don't speak the "legal" dialect Tongue

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 25 2010, 6:58pm

Post #233 of 235 (626 views)
Shortcut
I can respect that... [In reply to] Can't Post

My son was born here in Colorado Springs, but because I was on active duty military orders I claim the same privilege for him that military kids born overseas get - he's an BUCKEYE!
Besides it sounds like Ohio and CA traded -you in Buckeyeland and my favourite Aunt transplanted 40-some years ago from Ohio to San Diego!

sample

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 25 2010, 9:46pm

Post #234 of 235 (651 views)
Shortcut
Hey, they spelled my name wrong! [In reply to] Can't Post

(Um, yeah, I did know that. Blush Just never thought to apply it to myself!!)

GAndyalf
Valinor

May 25 2010, 10:54pm

Post #235 of 235 (783 views)
Shortcut
Some breaking news... [In reply to] Can't Post

Today the wife's lawyer withdrew from the case. No word as to why. Speculation is that she is either unwilling to follow the court's order to enroll my son with the CFI recommended and court-approved therapist or possibly that she is unwilling to withdraw him from the other two therapists she has him going to. Whatever the reason it probably bodes well for me.
<drops a dime in the jukebox for anyone who comes back to hear> "I'm Still Standin'" (not particularly fond of the song, but the sentiment is exactly right). <Rummages around until a case of Dorwinion 1396 is found and opened for any who happen by>

sample

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.