Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit Extras Casting News: The Final Answer

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

May 19 2010, 1:41am

Post #1 of 9 (1324 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Extras Casting News: The Final Answer Can't Post

We've received word from the folks at 3Foot7 regarding the casting of extras for The Hobbit. Earlier in the year, incorrect contact and address details were posted to TORN and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 3Foot7 would like to reconfirm how the process works:

"We are casting in the usual way. IE: we will contact people ONLY if we want to take their application any further. As it happens, we do not need any further applications at this time, and we will not be acknowledging that we've received applications to date. There are just too many!

Correspondence should only be forwarded directly through 3 Foot 7's postal and email addresses."

Three Foot Seven Limited

PO Box 15 104
Miramar
Wellington 6243

The email address for extras is: extras@3foot.co.nz
(Extras should be NZ residents with eligibility to work in NZ)

For more information on being and extra, crew member, etc. visit The Hobbit FAQ (soon to be updated with this information)

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Silverlode on May 19 2010, 2:07am)

macfalk
Valinor

May 19 2010, 6:08am

Post #2 of 9 (520 views)
Shortcut
But... [In reply to] Can't Post

how can there be too many of you? You are only 4 million people in NZ!

Cool

hobbiton28
The Shire

May 19 2010, 6:27am

Post #3 of 9 (529 views)
Shortcut
Clarity Please???????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Does this mean you can still apply to be an extra??

The post contradicts itself.. Why do they state they already have enough applications if an email + postal address has been provided??

This is the news ive been waiting for for over 6 months... Fingers crossed!!!

hobbiton28
The Shire

May 19 2010, 6:31am

Post #4 of 9 (537 views)
Shortcut
Email Address Does Not Work ?????? [In reply to] Can't Post

And on another note.. The email address does not appear to be valid??

I just got a Delivery Status Notification (Failure)???

Whats the score guys???

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 19 2010, 12:46pm

Post #5 of 9 (744 views)
Shortcut
Speaking without any authority... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I'd hazard a guess the "7" is missing from "3foot7" in that email address.

I'd wait for Altaira to be certain of that though Smile

Leviathan's Bane
Rivendell

May 19 2010, 2:00pm

Post #6 of 9 (509 views)
Shortcut
I'm interested, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

...like Hobbiton28, can we still apply to be an extra? If the answer is "yes," then how?

seriouslycgi
The Shire

May 20 2010, 10:14pm

Post #7 of 9 (408 views)
Shortcut
ugh [In reply to] Can't Post

they must have got a flood of applications back when, unless they are going through agencies? you apologise for wrong address details but then how did they get them/too many?

i wanted to apply but i patiently waited for official word, grrr i would be dissapointed if i missed out on this too. i was over seas for both kong and lotr. not that they would have needed/picked me, but still.

Glorfindel
Rivendell

May 21 2010, 9:56am

Post #8 of 9 (428 views)
Shortcut
Confused... [In reply to] Can't Post

The address that you posted today is the same one that was run on the Noldor Blog ages ago so I don't see how the previous address was wrong. I believe the chap from Noldor was the one who posted the initial message on these pages.

If you followed his guidelines (as I did) then your photos will be in the middle of some towering pile in deepest darkest Wellywood.

Good luck to all.

SalsaSugo
The Shire

Jun 29 2010, 5:18am

Post #9 of 9 (346 views)
Shortcut
Casting Call on StarNow [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

Look what I just stumbled over by accident: http://www.starnow.co.nz/Casting-Calls/Actors-wanted/Agencies/hobbit_featured_extras_and_extras.htm
I checked it out and it seems to be genuine. Apparently, the waiting game is finally over :-)

Cheers from NZ

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.