Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What's as constant as E=mc2? Friday = Fiesta! Come on in!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

May 14 2010, 4:04pm

Post #1 of 143 (497 views)
Shortcut
What's as constant as E=mc2? Friday = Fiesta! Come on in! Can't Post

Yay! It's another Fiesta Friday celebration, where TORNfolk from around the world come and socialize over a few virtual drinks and nibbles.

Now that yet another weekend is upon us, do share your plans if you're so inclined. Let us know if you had an extra special week. Or both!

*kicks juke box* "Smooth" by Santana starts to play.

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 14 2010, 4:10pm

Post #2 of 143 (325 views)
Shortcut
Whee! Math! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

It's rainy, but I'd like an ice-cream float made with chocolate-chip ice cream and coffee syrup, hold the whipped cream. Calorie-free, of course! Laugh

It's supposed to be a nice weekend here, so that means a bit of yardwork and sunshine!

I hope you've finally had a more "relaxing" week, Altaira! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sample

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 14 2010, 4:11pm

Post #3 of 143 (320 views)
Shortcut
Whee -- I made it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have abso--blooming--lutely NOTHING planned for this weekend, Altaira, and a good thing, too!

I was out of town for a week, then I had a guest for another week -- thank goodness I've got a few days of peace of quiet to get back into TORn before the next spate of activity, which includes grandchildren Shocked.

I trust all you high-spirited young hobbits behaved yourselves in my absence? Smile

I'll just have a nice herbal tea and go wilt at the end of the bar, thank you.

*stuffs tip jar with used boarding passes and a wildflower or two*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

May 14 2010, 4:13pm

Post #4 of 143 (315 views)
Shortcut
I like it [In reply to] Can't Post

the thread's subject line that is Laugh
especially since we just finished up special relativity in physics class

It's sunny out today!
been dreary all week, so it is a much appreciated change

I have three classes left today, then all I have is finals next week, and I'm done Smile
although as soon as finals are done I get to have my mind blow away by lots of complicated particle physics, it'll be fun Tongue

It's bonfire season here
I went to a small one with a campus group last night and my dorm is having one tonight

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

Altaira
Superuser

May 14 2010, 4:14pm

Post #5 of 143 (327 views)
Shortcut
Ice cream float, coming up [In reply to] Can't Post

Might as well make several. Once people see what you're eating everyone will want one (including me). Laugh

I *did* have a more relaxing week.. thanks to a tummy bug that had me home sick on Wednedsay, lol. Pirate It's still 'bugging' me, so I may have to bite the bullet and go see the doctor.

Have fun in the sunny great outdoors this weekend, dernwyn!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Altaira
Superuser

May 14 2010, 4:17pm

Post #6 of 143 (311 views)
Shortcut
Here's to no plans! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a luxury that is, the few and far between times it comes around. Especially for you! Enjoy your R&R. It will be nice to see you around the place more, even for a short while.

*sends good looking Elf to the end of the bar to fan Lily and pour her more herbal tea on demand* Smile

TORn Calendar

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

May 14 2010, 4:17pm

Post #7 of 143 (321 views)
Shortcut
Busy week! Argh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Work has been hectic! I have got a start on my kitchen project too, I'm currently taking the old tiles off, so now I guess I've committed to the job! Crazy This is something that Neil would usually do, but he is super busy with his garage conversion at the moment, so I must take care of the house jobs myself! Eek!

Somehow we have found time for walks and bike rides after work. The unseasonable cold doesn't help! It's my birthday on Thursday, usually it's lovely on my birthday, this year I fear I will be wrapped in my winter woolies!

We are also progessing a little on our hunt for a puppy. We were let down by the breeder of the first litter we were interested in, but it looks like we've found another who has some pups available! Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm hoping to get out into the garden tomorrow, as we are told the weather will be better, but Sunday is supposed to be rainy so I'll get the rest of those tiles down!

Happy weekend all!

Altaira
Superuser

May 14 2010, 4:19pm

Post #8 of 143 (308 views)
Shortcut
Sunny is good [In reply to] Can't Post

...especially if it's bonfire season - rain would put a bit of a 'damper' on those, I imagine. *groan* Laugh

Best of luck with the finals, Oiotari. If your brain does explode, I hope you find all the pieces again. ShockedLaugh

TORn Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 14 2010, 4:20pm

Post #9 of 143 (309 views)
Shortcut
Oh, no! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully it's just one of those annoying bugs that doesn't know when to go away, but won't affect you too badly. Unsure

*slurp* Thank you, Altaira! Smile

sample

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

May 14 2010, 4:22pm

Post #10 of 143 (305 views)
Shortcut
crosses fingers for good weather and puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope everything settles down over there

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

May 14 2010, 4:24pm

Post #11 of 143 (303 views)
Shortcut
Are you eating? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tummy bugs tend to pass within a day or two, so maybe the doctor would be a good idea! Especially seeing as the weekend is coming up, you don't want to have to wait til Monday!

Feel better soon x

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

May 14 2010, 4:25pm

Post #12 of 143 (301 views)
Shortcut
Mornin' everybody! Yay for Friday! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a busy week, there's all kinds of things to do when you don't have to 'work' any more.

I volunteered to sort books for the annual massive book sale this week. It was hard work but fun, and I loved seeing books of all kinds go by -- hundreds of thousands of them. I'm amazed they get such great numbers every year. The sale starts tomorrow and I'm taking the g'son. I told him he could have as many as he could carry, so he's pretty excited. He's only 7, but already he reads at a Grade 7 level, according to his teacher.

And it's been a great week weather-wise, so there's lots to do in the garden. The apple trees are all blooming.

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and I'll have some lemonade, please, Altaira.

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #13 of 143 (311 views)
Shortcut
I got no plans, to tie me down.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Altaira! Maybe the nice elf would like to share one of those ice cream sundaes with me. You're right -- nothing like seeing one to want one! (The sundae, although the elf would fit, too Wink )

I hope you feel better soon! Nothing like a tummy bug to knock you back.

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Altaira
Superuser

Post #14 of 143 (313 views)
Shortcut
So many projects! [In reply to] Can't Post

Busy sounds like an understatement, lol. Laugh Good luck with them all; especially the pleasurable one of looking for a puppy. You may haven mentioned this in another post, but what breed are you thinking of getting, Jazmine?

Happy weekend!

TORn Calendar

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 14 2010, 4:28pm

Post #15 of 143 (293 views)
Shortcut
It must be book sale weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

The Gaffer is working our local Friends of the Library book sale this weekend, too. He's hoping for enough rain to drive people inside, but not enough to prevent them from carrying off boxes of books.

It's like seeing a basket of kittens, isn't it? You just hate to leave all those books unadopted.

Good for your grandson, reading so well!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 14 2010, 4:29pm

Post #16 of 143 (293 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy the peace and quiet, Lily! [In reply to] Can't Post

And is your latest work safely on its way? Smile

sample

Altaira
Superuser

Post #17 of 143 (295 views)
Shortcut
Books and more books! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorting books sounds like fun (if hard work), Elberbeth. Were you tempted to bring some home, or do they make you wait until the official sale? I remember doing that for a Santa's workshop once - our school choir helped sort and give away knick knacks and toys. It was one of the more rewarding things I've done - plus, I came away with a few treasured knick knacks myself (we were allowed a few things after the workshop closed).

Have a great weekend and a great time with the g'son at the sale! Smile

TORn Calendar

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Post #18 of 143 (300 views)
Shortcut
A border collie [In reply to] Can't Post

I *love* collies, they have such great temperaments. Full of energy, but we thought he could accompany us when we go biking or hiking!

I haven't broken the news to the cat yet, I'm hoping he won't mind too much!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #19 of 143 (295 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy your weekend, dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll just grab a bit of ice cream while you're looking the other way.... Wink

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Post #20 of 143 (298 views)
Shortcut
LOL! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Very clever. :) :)

Well, I don't know about extra special; extra COLD, perhaps. :) Yep, that's our weather for you: It's well into May, it feels like Spring... and then last Friday night, there's a totally random, literal blizzard of snow-- which piled up at the time, but didn't end up staying on the ground through the next morning because the ground was too warm-- but then the temperatures dropped down into the 30's and 40's (Fahrenheit)!! So now it's back to the Winter Usual. :P Oh well... :)

Thanks, Altaira, and I hope you have a great weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 14 2010, 4:32pm

Post #21 of 143 (296 views)
Shortcut
Special Relativity? [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't that where you study the genealogy of your favorite ancestors?

Angelic

sample

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Post #22 of 143 (294 views)
Shortcut
Whoops -- we crossed in cyberspace, dernwyn [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, thank you, the latest work is well along in the pipeline. I just got an early version of the cover this week, and suggested one small addition. We'll see what happens.

Altaira
Superuser

Post #23 of 143 (288 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

From what I hear, they need lots of exercise, so going 'with' on bike rides should be just what the doctor ordered. I'm sure the cat won't be very happy at first, but don't be surprised if they become friends; especially if the cat gets to be the dominant animal (if only in its cat brain). Laugh

TORn Calendar

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 14 2010, 4:34pm

Post #24 of 143 (285 views)
Shortcut
I guess this means [In reply to] Can't Post

you've recovered from your New Zealand adventures? You didn't bring back any nice, shiny rings, did you -- well, other than your and Neil's new wedding rings, of course. Smile

Fingers crossed for your puppy. I like border collies -- they're very intelligent dogs. Enjoy your weekend!

Altaira
Superuser

May 14 2010, 4:35pm

Post #25 of 143 (297 views)
Shortcut
Oh, it's snowed 2-3 time here this week already [In reply to] Can't Post

Of ocourse, it decided to start the day after I told BG that we hardly ever get snow in May. MadLaugh

Luckily, all May snows usually do is give the lawns a good watering. But, we did have to go out and sweep snow off the trees and bushes on Thurs. a.m. to avoid having broken branches to deal with. Shocked

Dare I say: we hardly ever get snow in June, lol. WinkLaugh

Have a great weekend, Evey!

TORn Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.