Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Dubious LOTR film memorabilia?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 28 2010, 2:05am

Post #1 of 5 (539 views)
Shortcut
Dubious LOTR film memorabilia? Can't Post

This story is dated March 14 but I don't believe it's been linked to from TORN:

Fraud of the rings?
Peter Jackson's production company has cast doubt on the authenticity of one of the world's largest collections of Lord of the Rings memorabilia.
American Troika Brodsky has been advertising in New Zealand papers for items used in the production of the trilogy - and the upcoming Hobbit prequels.
...(Weta's Matthew) Dravitzki, who is in Los Angeles working on The Hobbit, questioned if all of Brodsky's pieces were original or whether he had been taken for a ride, but said it was hard to tell without close inspection.
"Very good reproductions were made by various licensees and with the passage of time some people seem to be passing these off as original. Generally, all screen-used props and costumes stayed with us."

The full story is here.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2010, 6:57am

Post #2 of 5 (410 views)
Shortcut
That guy's come clean though... his stuff is genuine... [In reply to] Can't Post

... see this article Smile

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 30 2010, 12:37am

Post #3 of 5 (667 views)
Shortcut
'Page no longer exists.' :( / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 30 2010, 5:44am

Post #4 of 5 (848 views)
Shortcut
Here it is again... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that link had quotes in it, which got replaced by "%E2%80%9C" and that caused it go all awry.

Here again is the corrected link. Sorry about that. I normally check links to see if they work, and the one time it didn't, I didn't Crazy

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 30 2010, 9:43pm

Post #5 of 5 (2019 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for linking to that Earl. [In reply to] Can't Post

The collector's stomach must have dropped right through the floor when he read the Herald's story! I'm glad he's got a chance to refute it in detail.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.