Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
**FD - Slowly the door opens

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2010, 4:28pm

Views: 657
Shortcut
**FD - Slowly the door opens Can't Post

My dear Founders and Admins and my dear TORnsibs and TORnadoes, and TORnfolk, and TORnfriends, and First-agers, and Second-agers, and Third-agers, Forth-agers, Newbies, Oldies and Lurkers.

Also my good de-lurkers that I welcome at last to Founders Day. Today is TORn's eleventh birthday! Yes, the founding of this site happened eleven years ago today!

I hope you are all enjoying yourselves as much as I am!

I shall not keep you long. I have started this thread for a purpose. Indeed, for Three Purposes! First of all, to tell you that I am immensely proud to be part of it all, and that eleven years is too short a time to have such a wonderful and excellent web place.

I haven’t seen half of TORn half as well as I should like, and I remember less than half of TORn half as well as it deserves.

Secondly, to especially celebrate the Admins. I should say: OUR Admins. For it is, of course, also for them that we throw this party... Admins. We salute them and thank them for all their work. Without them, this place would be infested with trolls and spelling errors, even txt-speech, if I may use the expression.

It is indeed, if I may be allowed to refer to ancient history, the anniversary of the founding of TORn by Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri and Corvar, though the fact that we would be celebrating it eleven years later hadn’t occurred to them. Their only plan was to get started, so eleven years seemed very far away. The start was amazing; however, they did run into some challenges with studio execs while most of us weren’t there even to say “thag you very buch”. I now repeat it more correctly: “Thank you very much for starting this great website”.

Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT.

Did you follow the path,

try the key,

peek through the window

and wonder what could be on those bookshelves?

As said before, eleven years is a long time. I haven’t been around that long, and people who have been here that long might even have forgotten some of the magnificence that happened in the early days.

So one year ago, the idea of recording the history of TORn was nested in the brains of a few folks around here. They formed a group, under the direction of our very own Tech-Wizard-ress Magpie, and started brainstorming on the best way to make note of everything that happened here and how to bring that to a large audience.

And thus was born the TORn Mathom-house.

This one is not in Michel Delving, but on the internet, nested in a wiki.

But before I let you go in, I’d like to share a few reminders and notes:

This is a work in progress. We have only just started to look for information and creating text, so you can’t find much in there. This work has to extend and grow in the future. If you like it and want to help, please let us know. We are still looking for more contributors and need lots of hands-on digging and searching in the vaults of TORn for all the information.

Go and have a look, and please let us know what you think of it: what topics should we tackle; what do you miss; and above all, can and will you help us!?

On behalf of the TORn Mathom-house project collaborators:

Magpie - Lead Architect

And the Building Committee:

Altaira
dernwyn
Earl
grammaboodawg
MrCere
OhioHobbit
Peredhil lover
Rosie-with-the-Ribbons
weaver

***Remember, everyone who replies to this thread will be entered into a drawing for a fun virtual doorprize -- winners announced at Fiesta next Friday!

sample

(This post was edited by Rosie-with-the-ribbons on Apr 26 2010, 4:34pm)

Subject User Time
**FD - Slowly the door opens Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 4:28pm
    Now? Now?!! hehehe// GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 4:37pm
        Yep, now Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 4:40pm
            Whoo HOOOO!!! GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 4:41pm
    Whoo-hoo! I can officially unveil my Mathom-house footer now! weaver Send a private message to weaver Apr 26 2010, 4:37pm
    *squeeeeeee!* A House for ALL of our Mathoms!! AWESOME! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 26 2010, 4:56pm
    I can't wait Lothlorian Send a private message to Lothlorian Apr 26 2010, 5:08pm
        Any kind Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 5:11pm
        Light, please Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2010, 5:14pm
        Dark, please// GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 5:32pm
        Dark here too please :-) // Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Apr 27 2010, 1:53am
        BOTH! and in ICE CREAM!! :D *slaver, slurp* // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 27 2010, 12:33pm
            Both and Ice Cream - it's a party now!!! Lothlorian Send a private message to Lothlorian Apr 27 2010, 2:19pm
    House warming OhioHobbit Send a private message to OhioHobbit Apr 26 2010, 5:29pm
        Food is on the porch at the back of the house Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 5:33pm
    I haven't had time to explore yet, but I must say Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 26 2010, 5:59pm
    WooHooo!! Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Apr 26 2010, 6:07pm
    Wonderful Speech! Cheers! aranelthehobbit22 Send a private message to aranelthehobbit22 Apr 26 2010, 6:42pm
        Thank you Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 6:45pm
    I can't wait to tour the Mathom-house! sara Send a private message to sara Apr 26 2010, 6:53pm
        Have fun in the Mathom-house Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:03pm
    *broad grin* dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Apr 26 2010, 6:59pm
        Oh, chocolate cake Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:05pm
            *eyes the chocolate cake appreciatively* Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2010, 7:09pm
                Nope Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:11pm
        <In his best... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 7:27pm
            Ok Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:37pm
                <perks up like Sam finding out he's going with Mr Frodo> GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 7:38pm
                And make sure Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2010, 7:40pm
                    Yes, Miss Peredhil lover, Ma'am!// GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 10:27pm
    Wow! That was wonderful!! Artanis Send a private message to Artanis Apr 26 2010, 7:30pm
        Thanks Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:35pm
    *drags herself out of Mathom-house* Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2010, 7:31pm
        Ah, there you are Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:39pm
            Of course! Peredhil lover Send a private message to Peredhil lover Apr 26 2010, 7:42pm
    Hear! Hear! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Apr 26 2010, 7:54pm
        And thank you Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 7:57pm
    That's way cool! Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Apr 26 2010, 8:50pm
        AH! HAHAHAHA! GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 10:30pm
    Good night everybody Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 26 2010, 8:54pm
        Nighty-NIGHT Miss Rosie!... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 26 2010, 10:31pm
            yes nice speech TheNazgul Send a private message to TheNazgul Apr 26 2010, 10:41pm
                Well Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 27 2010, 3:18pm
    Wonderful! Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Apr 26 2010, 9:04pm
    It's so refreshing to receive presents on someone else's birthday... Legalize_Athelas Send a private message to Legalize_Athelas Apr 26 2010, 9:12pm
    *gasp* dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 26 2010, 9:28pm
    Lovely! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Apr 26 2010, 11:06pm
    looks great! Buchanicus Send a private message to Buchanicus Apr 26 2010, 11:16pm
    Oh, my! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 26 2010, 11:36pm
        Ooops! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 26 2010, 11:46pm
        But sil! GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 27 2010, 7:17pm
    Thanks to everyone who has visited the Mathom-house Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 26 2010, 11:39pm
        BIG silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 27 2010, 12:33am
    Great speech Rosie! greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Apr 27 2010, 12:42am
    It is a good idea to try to preserve everything _V_ Send a private message to _V_ Apr 27 2010, 1:32am
        And lets hear it for Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Apr 27 2010, 3:59pm
        Mae govannen... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 27 2010, 7:25pm
            Me, I'd like to see movies made from... Patty Send a private message to Patty Apr 27 2010, 9:17pm
                OOOHHHHH! GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 28 2010, 8:08pm
    Love the speech, fairelvenlady Send a private message to fairelvenlady Apr 27 2010, 3:35am
    Wonderful speech! Thank you, Rosie! / Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Apr 27 2010, 3:55am
        Cracking speech _Arwen_ Send a private message to _Arwen_ Apr 27 2010, 4:22am
    Amazing!!! Tehanu Send a private message to Tehanu Apr 27 2010, 9:31am
    This is so COOL! Patty Send a private message to Patty Apr 27 2010, 4:18pm
    So exciting!!! ShyElf Send a private message to ShyElf Apr 27 2010, 7:57pm
    Wow! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Apr 27 2010, 8:51pm
    How exciting! Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Apr 28 2010, 1:05am
    Get a glimpse at an Article in development! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 29 2010, 1:48pm
        I'm excited! I'm SOOOO excited!// GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 29 2010, 6:20pm
        Founders Day article : Step 2 Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 29 2010, 11:28pm
            hey, that looks pretty cool! weaver Send a private message to weaver May 4 2010, 12:39am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.