The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
So... have you heard the one about

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 3 2010, 12:25pm

Post #1 of 12 (182 views)
Shortcut
So... have you heard the one about Can't Post

The Harry Potter crew members that went to a pub very recently... had themselves a few and then left... not realizing they left *gasp* a copy of the Deathly Hallows screenplay under the table?

I heard it on the news this morning (Saturday, April 3). It was also noted there were major changes in the story. Now... at that I scowled knowing how STILL upset I am at the changes in Half-blood Prince. Maybe the newsies were joshing, or maybe it's a truth I'm going to have to contend with.

The screenplay has been returned to the proper peoples, but time will tell if copies were made, if those who read it were sworn (paid) to silence, or if they'll redo the whole thing ;) Nahhhhh....

What would you do if you found a copy of The Hobbit screenplay laying around? *twitch*

*ring, ring* Hello... Peter?

sample sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Apr 3 2010, 12:31pm)

Rivendell

Apr 3 2010, 3:16pm

Post #2 of 12 (113 views)
Shortcut
This reminds me of a story about... [In reply to] Can't Post

A California man, who in the 70's/80's, ran an international drug smuggling operation, making millions and millions of dollars a year, until he left a book containing all his contact info and details of his operation, in a booth at a family restaurant . He was arrested a few hours later...

"What would you do if you found a copy of The Hobbit screenplay laying around?"

I would contact a lawyer who could put me in touch with the right people to give it back(without reading it) and then I would decide which Dwarf I wanted to play in the movies...Tongue

"Something, something, something Darkside. Something, something, something complete."

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Apr 3 2010, 4:52pm

Post #3 of 12 (113 views)
Shortcut
Any chance this is an April Fools' Day Joke? [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems like I've heard this story before. ;->

So, do you have stories/photos from New Zealand???

Pittsburgh Flicks - Making Movies in the 'Burgh
http://www.pghflicks.com

macfalk
Valinor

Apr 3 2010, 9:08pm

Post #4 of 12 (77 views)
Shortcut
To be honest [In reply to] Can't Post

I would grab it, run home to my appartment, lock myself in, and read the whole thing. Over and over again. Then return it to the proper owners Cool

the_argonath
Lorien

Apr 3 2010, 11:26pm

Post #5 of 12 (69 views)
Shortcut
:o Seriously? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd definately flick through a couple of pages, but then feel guilty so return it to it's owner... or at least I'd like to think I would Wink

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 4 2010, 5:11am

Post #6 of 12 (48 views)
Shortcut
Well played! [In reply to] Can't Post

My answer was that except that I wouldn't necessarily play a dwarf! I AM nearly 50 after all. Wink

"Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

RosieLass
Valinor

Apr 4 2010, 6:08am

Post #7 of 12 (50 views)
Shortcut
I'd definitely read it. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I wouldn't tell any of you what it said. Tongue

And then I'd give it back.

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
"And he has Brains."
"Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brains."
There was a long silence.
"I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

- A. A. Milne

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Apr 4 2010, 8:37am

Post #8 of 12 (65 views)
Shortcut
So it goes something like this: [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you heard the one about the three crewmembers?

Yeah, they walked OUT of a bar -- without the script!

Okay, I admit, my bad jokes don't make even my students laugh.

Funny tidbit, gramma. I wonder if those crewmembers still have their jobs, and if the finder is now booking a dream vacation to a tropical isle!

And if I found a copy of The Hobbit...well, if I weren't virtuous and didn't hand it right over, I'd bring it right here for sharing. In strictest confidentiality, of course! ;-)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 4 2010, 11:45am

Post #9 of 12 (50 views)
Shortcut
Ro! *flying tackle-hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

You are always so generous and corrupt at the same time! WAY COOL!!!!

Happy Easter, m'dear. Give your men-folk a huggles for me :D

sample sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 4 2010, 12:21pm

Post #10 of 12 (55 views)
Shortcut
RO! So great to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy belated Easter. It's Sunday morning here, so my Easter is just starting.

He held up a thing that glittered in the sunlight. It looked like the new‑opened leaf of a beech‑tree, fair and strange in that treeless plain.

'The brooch of an elven‑cloak!' cried Legolas and Gimli together.

'Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall,' said Aragorn. 'This did not drop by chance: it was cast away as a token to any that might follow.'

Zmulady
Rohan

Apr 5 2010, 1:41am

Post #11 of 12 (73 views)
Shortcut
That's what I'd do too, but, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd probably scream holy crap a few time first.

Mar
Gondor

Apr 5 2010, 6:39pm

Post #12 of 12 (60 views)
Shortcut
I'd hand it over to you right away. You'd know what to do with it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

An ill-humored person is a prisoner at the mercy of an enemy from which it is difficult to escape.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.