Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy Blu Ray Giveaway
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

timgorichanaz

Mar 30 2010, 7:40pm

Post #276 of 360 (36113 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone's right—it is so hard to choose, and reading the replies made the books and movies come rushing back to me. So many good scenes.

If we're strictly talking in the movies, my favorite scene has to be the Ents' siege on Isengard. It's such a powerful and emotional scene, and I love the Ents and hate Saruman. Everything building up to it (all the scenes showing Saruman's forces building) and after it (when we see what Isengard looks like afterward) make the scene all the more monumental—and very memorable for me :).

IMZMAN

Mar 30 2010, 7:42pm

Post #277 of 360 (34883 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Hard choice here. But I always liked the scene in Return of the King when Gandalf is talking to Pippen about how death is not the end but a new beginning. A very powerful scene.

artgecko

Mar 30 2010, 7:46pm

Post #278 of 360 (35494 views)
Shortcut
Favorite scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene would have to be in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. Eowyn, disguised as a man and with the help of Merry, slew the Lord of the Nazgul, who couldn't be hindered by a living man.

(This post was edited by artgecko on Mar 30 2010, 7:49pm)

mamph17
The Shire

Mar 30 2010, 8:14pm

Post #279 of 360 (36323 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

...would have to be in the Two Towers where Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are surrounded by the Rohirrim. I love this scene because of all the different angles and characters in it. Plus, it was the first scene I completely memorized, so it holds a dear place in my heart.

gatejejf

Mar 30 2010, 8:33pm

Post #280 of 360 (35447 views)
Shortcut
blu-ray [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a nerd freak-out while watching the trailer for LOTR's blur-ray release.

gatejejf

Mar 30 2010, 8:37pm

Post #281 of 360 (37013 views)
Shortcut
favorite scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Its a difficult question, but I love the scene when the ents siege Orthanc. For one, I just love the ents, but I also love seeing them rise up to fight evil, especially remembering Tolkien's views on technology.

GeorgieN

Mar 30 2010, 8:58pm

Post #282 of 360 (35332 views)
Shortcut
Favourite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

I am new to this, so hope I have done it in the right spot! Been a fan of the books and films for YEARS, live in NZ, so feel that awesome connection!

My fave scene would have to be at the Grey Havens, wherethe hobbits are parted. Its special to me as it captures in the book the essence of Tolkiens view on needing to 'feel whole' again. I also like seeing Gandalf's ring for the first time too. The CG is amazing and it just wraps up everything for me.Smile

Hatchback

Mar 30 2010, 9:13pm

Post #283 of 360 (36895 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Blue Ray Giveaway [In reply to] Can't Post

Beginning of TTT, long camera shot of underground lake. In the distance, a shaft is slowly being illuminated by a descending Gandalf and Balrog. The Howard Shore music at that point is just so memorable that it often comes to mind.

Deagols_Bane

Mar 30 2010, 9:14pm

Post #284 of 360 (35548 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

One of my favorite scenes would have to be Bilbo's birthday party when he's making the speech to the crowd. Ian Holm truly nailed the spirit and character of Bilbo in that speech and it was perfectly done by the cast and crew, and Peter Jackson. I felt like I was actually there, and who doesn't love Bilbo's explanation of "liking less than half of them, half as well as they deserve"?!

magnus_p

Mar 30 2010, 9:38pm

Post #285 of 360 (35844 views)
Shortcut
My favorite LotR scene [In reply to] Can't Post

In Two Towers when The Ents attacks Isengaard and Orthanc. I like it cause nature fights back and the scene is just incredible. When they release the river my neckhair rise :) Anyway, thats my favourite scene all time

Lord of Magic
Bree

Mar 30 2010, 11:13pm

Post #286 of 360 (36083 views)
Shortcut
My Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene would be Pippin's song for Lord Denethor as Faramir and his troops ride to their deaths.

I had to think about this for a little bit and my answer surprised me a little. There are many good scenes and usually I would have chosen a speech from one of the main characters. But the way Billy Boyd sang with such emotion and the soundless image of Faramir's charge evokes, for me, a remembrance of the saying "All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Former Duke of Stardock, Overseer of the Paraphysical Army of Tokidoki, High Mage in Service to King Lyam conDoin I of Rillanon, The Absolute Lord, Ruler, and Sovereign of all Tokidoki.

The White Dragon and Arnölé, The Lord of All Magic

DemoElite
Rivendell

Mar 31 2010, 12:27am

Post #287 of 360 (35712 views)
Shortcut
It's a tie for two very moving and meaningful moments... [In reply to] Can't Post

Both of these moments mean a lot and give great relevance in my own life..

Fellowship of the Ring- Gandalf and Frodo

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times; but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

and

The Two Towers- Sam and Frodo

Sam: It's me. It's your Sam. Don't you know your Sam?
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo; the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end... because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was, when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going... because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.

LittleTook
The Shire

Mar 31 2010, 6:51am

Post #288 of 360 (34853 views)
Shortcut
Favourite Scene - The Three Hunters [In reply to] Can't Post

The first of my favourite scenes that comes to mind is the one with the Three Hunters, when Aragorn, Legolas and poor winded Gimli are chasing after the Uruk-hai in order to save Merry and Pippin. The combination of aerial visuals and charged music make my heart leap and pulse quicken and the bit of comedy (such as Gimli’s comments that Dwarves are natural sprinters and quite dangerous over short distances) mixed in there make for something inspirational. The three made their decision to rescue their friends and will do anything necessary to follow through. It reminds me of the importance of being firm in decision making (because our lives are laid out before us by the choices we make), but also to enjoy the road to its conclusion.

Tuor Elendil

Mar 31 2010, 10:38am

Post #289 of 360 (34710 views)
Shortcut

First of all, I would like to thank The One Ring for such a generous event.

As for my favorite scene, it is at the battle at the Black Gate, when Aragorn, Merry, Pippin, Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli start running towards the orcs and are followed by the men. I think this is the best scene as it shows how the human race is now very tied together and are willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of the world.

Good luck to all!

Cheers

rknasc

Mar 31 2010, 12:57pm

Post #290 of 360 (34873 views)
Shortcut

I'm particularly fond of the shot of Gandalf's face during the Council of Elrond when he alone hears Frodo's offer to carry teh Ring. In that brief moment he shows an understanding of and sorrow for all Frod will face and lose.

It was a toss up betewwn that and the MTV version of the Council of Elrond with Jack Black.

Koorii

Mar 31 2010, 1:45pm

Post #291 of 360 (34470 views)
Shortcut

In Return of the King when Legolas and Aragorn are in Meduseld at night, and Legolas says, "The stars are veiled. Something stirs in the East."

It is my favorite scene because it is obvious that Mordor stirs in the East. It shows how useless Legolas can be sometimes. Thank you captain obvious. I love Legolas though.+

yorkdigger

Mar 31 2010, 6:45pm

Post #292 of 360 (35551 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Scene..... [In reply to] Can't Post

There are so many that I love, but my favorite is still when Sam and Frodo have just destroyed the Ring- they are on the side of Mt Doom and Frodo tells Sam that he is glad to be with him at the end of all things. Gets me every time!

pws3791

Mar 31 2010, 7:10pm

Post #293 of 360 (34866 views)
Shortcut
Favorite movie scene in the LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

I really enjoy the whole trip that the Fellowship takes through Moria but if I
have to pick a specific scene it's the battle between Gandalf the Grey and the
Balrog of Morgoth at the Bridge of Khazad-dûm.

JeffB

Mar 31 2010, 7:19pm

Post #294 of 360 (34551 views)
Shortcut

My favorite scene is in the Two Towers where Aragorn determines what happened to Merry and Pippin from the tracks and battle marks on the ground while the audience experiences the same thing through flashback. Pure directing genius.

Bregalad

Mar 31 2010, 7:27pm

Post #295 of 360 (33985 views)
Shortcut
...the clear ringing of silver trumpets [In reply to] Can't Post

For some reason, my favorite scene is a very quiet and understated moment in The Fellowship of the Ring, when Boromir describes his home city of Minas Tirith to Aragorn while the Fellowship rests in Lothlorien. Parts of the dialogue sound almost like poetry, which can sound cheesy on screen, but Sean Bean nails it. It serves to deepen/soften/complicate Boromir's character, which I appreciate because I've always loved Boromir and would never want anyone to hate him outright for trying to steal the ring from Frodo.

"Have you ever seen it Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver. Its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?"

It may or may not bring a tear to my eye nearly every time I watch it....

ShireFan58

Mar 31 2010, 8:56pm

Post #296 of 360 (35088 views)
Shortcut

Favorite Scene

My favorite scene occurs in the first movie, The Fellowship of the Ring. When Gandalf is sitting on the stone trying to recall the correct way into The Mines of Moria, Frodo approaches and mentions to Gandalf they are being followed, Gandalf informs Frodo its Gollum who has been tracking them for days. The following dialogue sets the tone for the rest of the movies:

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance.

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many

TheLivingExample

Mar 31 2010, 9:19pm

Post #297 of 360 (36611 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf = Best wizard [In reply to] Can't Post

When Gandalf shouts "You shall not pass!" and breaks the bridge when facing the Balrog.

It shows how Wizards should be portrayed, just powerful and awesome being a man in the face of that fiery monster. Also because it was so emotional after he got pulled down by the Balrog's whip. Classic IMO

-EnD oF liNe?!-

Aeryn

Mar 31 2010, 9:21pm

Post #298 of 360 (35690 views)
Shortcut
there's some good in this world... [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene? This one:

Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Having just completed a human rights degree, this speaks volumes to the work I want to do. People ask why I'm in this field and I'll often explain using this example.

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Mar 31 2010, 10:02pm

Post #299 of 360 (35637 views)
Shortcut
fave scene! [In reply to] Can't Post

Heart It is hard to pick just one!

But there is one scene that brings tears to my eyes every single time. It is close to the book as well.

When the Rohirrim ride to the defense of Minas Tirith, and they enter the field of battle (the Pelennor Fields), and they blow their horns.
The horns are heard inside the City, and it was therefore known that at last their allies had come to help.

That's it for me, though there are many scenes I love.

Aranel

Apr 1 2010, 5:14am

Post #300 of 360 (36935 views)
Shortcut
The last march of the Ents [In reply to] Can't Post

This changes a lot for me, but right now I think my favorite is when Treebeard sees the tree stumps and summons the other Ents. The music is incredible, and the image of the Ents marching to what may be their deaths is so powerful.

(This post was edited by Aranel on Apr 1 2010, 5:16am)

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.