Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy Blu Ray Giveaway
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Anduril1993
Rivendell

Mar 30 2010, 1:03pm

Post #251 of 360 (35525 views)
Shortcut
MY FAVOURITE SCENE IS... [In reply to] Can't Post

THE DEATH OF BOROMIR: THIS SCENE BRINGS OUT THE LOST KING IN ARAGON AND WHEN BOROMIR SAYS HIS LAST WORDS ARAGON KNOWS THAT HE HAS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO SAVE THE GREAT CITY OF MEN AND PREVENT IT FROM FALLING INTO DARKNESS AS BOROMIR HIS FELLOW GONDORIEN ALWAYS HOPED FOR.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shal be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

blackwaterpark

Mar 30 2010, 1:13pm

Post #252 of 360 (35674 views)
Shortcut
Grieving for Gandalf [In reply to] Can't Post

In The Fellowship Of The Ring. The scene right after when Gandalf falls in the pit with the Balrog. The remaining members exit Moria and grieve for the lost of Gandalf. Unsure

My youngest son, who had not read the books at the time, was crying is heart out in the theater, thinking that Gandalf was gone forever. Every time we watch the movie and that scene comes up, it's always an emotional moment and in the end we smile thinking back to that event in the theater.

-Blackwaterpark.

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 30 2010, 1:40pm

Post #253 of 360 (35034 views)
Shortcut
"I can't carry it for you...but I can carry you." [In reply to] Can't Post

While I have many, many favorite scenes, I'm going to choose this one because the contest is focused on the films and I wanted to select a scene which exemplified to me how the film makers captured the spirit of the book and translated it so powerfully into the film medium. As a movie firster, when I read Tolkien's book(s) afterwards, there were several scenes from the films that really made an impression on me that I especially wanted to read in the book. When I found this particular scene -- where Frodo collapses on Mt. Doom and Sam carries him -- it was absolutely amazing to me how the film makers had re-imagined this scene for film. While retaining the poignancy and characterizations of the written version, the film team used every aspect available -- visuals, sound, score, acting, dialogue -- to transform it into an epic, iconic and unforgettable screen moment.

I love so many scenes, but for that reason, I'd choose this one for the contest.

Thanks!

Almarek

Mar 30 2010, 1:44pm

Post #254 of 360 (34871 views)
Shortcut
Gondor calls for aid! [In reply to] Can't Post

So many wonderful scenes, but one that fills my heart and brings a lump to my throat--

Aragorn: The Beacons of Minas Tirith! The Beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid.
Theoden: And Rohan will answer.

groveysgirl

Mar 30 2010, 2:35pm

Post #255 of 360 (35496 views)
Shortcut
My Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so hard, as I'm sure for most people, to pick a favorite scene from these iconic movies. So I'll go with the scene that makes me tear up EVERY SINGLE TIME I watch the movies. In Return of the King, right at the end where Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin try bowing to Aragorn, and he says "My friends, you bow to no one." and then the entire group of people bow to the hobbits gets me EVERY TIME! Such a telling moment in just how important they were to the entire adventure, even if they didn't feel like it.

Tolkien fanatic

Mar 30 2010, 2:40pm

Post #256 of 360 (36453 views)
Shortcut
favorite moment! [In reply to] Can't Post

My Favorite moment from the Lord of the rings movie is when Frodo is just starting out on his Journey to Mordor and he remembers Bilbo's saying is a dangerous business going out on the road Frodo. that was my favorite moment Wink

davee1

Mar 30 2010, 2:54pm

Post #257 of 360 (39719 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Return of the King, when everyone bows to the hobbits. It's an acknowledgment of the great contributions of the hobbits, who aren't big, reputed warriors, or classical heroes, but nonetheless, sacrificed a great deal and showed tremendous courage on behalf of everyone. In a sense, it's a nod to everyone who contributes to society without accolades, fame, or reward. It was a touching moment.

fangorn81

Mar 30 2010, 3:09pm

Post #258 of 360 (36686 views)
Shortcut
Yay for contests! [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene is when Gandalf chides Frodo for suggesting killing Gollum in the mines of Moria.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment."

If that line hadn't been included in the film I would have lost hope.

cjjeepercreeper

Mar 30 2010, 3:36pm

Post #259 of 360 (35153 views)
Shortcut
Favorite scene [In reply to] Can't Post

The scene when the Elf army comes marching in during the Battle of Helms Deep gives me chills every time I see it. By far my favorite scene in all 3 movies, just based on the chills up the spine meter.

banstoetter

Mar 30 2010, 4:04pm

Post #260 of 360 (34833 views)
Shortcut

At the end of TFOTR when Frodo rescues Sam from the river. I swear I'll have Breaking of the Fellowship playing at my death bed. It's a beautiful moment that makes the rest of the journey possible.

JediPug1

Mar 30 2010, 4:39pm

Post #261 of 360 (35404 views)
Shortcut
Loyal Sam [In reply to] Can't Post

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" Sam has always been my favorite character (books and movies) and this scene from ROTK perfectly illustrates his loyalty, bravery and strength. We should all be lucky enough to have a Samwise Gamgee in our lives.

(This post was edited by JediPug1 on Mar 30 2010, 4:40pm)

daguerreo

Mar 30 2010, 4:58pm

Post #262 of 360 (34375 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene is one of the shortest scenes in "The Fellowship of the Ring", but it has stood out to me since I first saw it when I was a kid. The Fellowship has been chosen by the Council of Elrond, and they go off on their journey. There are shots of the landscape and the Fellowship walking... and just as the song, "The Ring Goes South" reaches its climax, we see the Fellowship slowly approach the camera, one-by-one, for the first time.

As a fan of the book since I was 5 years old, this scene makes me cry every single time. I always thought the casting for the movie was perfect, and seeing them all together like that made me realize that these movies were not going to disappoint me. Even to this day I remember looking at this scene as a 12-year-old girl in the movie theater and having my breath taken away.

mcmojo
Bree

Mar 30 2010, 5:11pm

Post #263 of 360 (34436 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think this is even possible but I will try. My favorite scene in the trilogy is probably the death of Boromir. It is possibly the best acted scene in the film with both Sean and Viggo giving it their all. The dialogue and the honesty of the performances are perfect. I have been a fan of the books since I was 17 years old. I am now 32. I was 23 when The Fellowship of the Ring came out. I have lived with this story in my head for a long time - almost half my life. I loved the character of Boromir in the books but on some level I loved Boromir in the film even more. Sean made that character live and breathe in a way that most actors would not have been able to do. And because of that his death was even more heart breaking.

djrodgers1965

Mar 30 2010, 5:13pm

Post #264 of 360 (35383 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene occurs when Gandalf confronts and defeats the Balrog at the Bridge of Khazadum. When I read the book at age 14, I had a vivid mental picture of that scene, which Peter Jackson re-created perfectly 22 years later in the film. It reminds me to "stand my ground" in the face of overwhelming odds.

lucianop

Mar 30 2010, 5:19pm

Post #265 of 360 (34957 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Contest - Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf gives Frodo words of encouragement in the mines of Moria when Frodo says "I wish the ring had never come to me...I wish none of this had happened." All of us will face difficult situations in our lives. We must face them the best way we can.

Snaga
Lorien

Post #266 of 360 (34663 views)
Shortcut

My favorite scene is in the FOTR, in Bag End after Bilbo has made his disappearance at the party. The conversation and ensuing confrontation between Gandalf and Bilbo. I love this scene for many reasons.... the set is perfect, the dialogue is pretty faithful to the book, the acting is superb, and the emotional pitch the viewer is brought to complements and flows well into the next scene, Gandalf's brief dialogue with Frodo in which the ring is bequeathed to him.

Most importantly this scene firmly establishes two very important points for the viewer; That the ring's effects are insidious (yes I know this was covered in the prologue, but seeing it at work on a Hobbit really brings it home), and that Gandalf is much more than just another old man.

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

-Faramir, reflecting on his brother.

FoolofaTook

Post #267 of 360 (34784 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the ending of the Return of the King in the Grey Havens. It really replicates the feelings the hobbits would have after going on an adventure of that scale. The emotions, the attachment to each other, etc.

deerdance

Mar 30 2010, 5:23pm

Post #268 of 360 (36473 views)
Shortcut
My favoriite... [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are climbing the stairs near Minas Morgul... Frodo tells Sam to just go home and Sam bursts into tears and starts climbing down. Frodo heads off with Gollum. Sam reaches near the bottom and everything seems hopeless, like he is in the worst of the worst situation he could be in: alone, turned away by his companion, lost in the middle of an evil land, no food water, nothing. The situation looks like that this is the end for Sam. However, Sam finds the crumbs of the bread Gollum threw down. This is my favorite moment, when Sam sees them and starts gripping them and he turns from crying into an angry being on a mission. Instead of giving up when all seemed lost, he found the strength to continue his journey. I like this scene because I can relate to this in my own life.

Matchstick
The Shire

Mar 30 2010, 5:49pm

Post #269 of 360 (34565 views)
Shortcut
Preparing for the Charge [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello!

I can watch over and over the Rohirrim preparing for the charge outside of Minas Tirith. When Theoden rides back and forth clanging his sword with those of the other Riders it's a perfect moment before the storm. Without that the Charge, which I also like very much, just wouldn't have the impact for me.

There are SO many great moments though!

Shadowchaser

Mar 30 2010, 5:53pm

Post #270 of 360 (34550 views)
Shortcut
Favourite Scene (Contest Entry) [In reply to] Can't Post

Two words (spoken in a husky whisper) "For Frodo."... and then the ground trembled as the armies charge.

So awesome. :)

durfalas
Bree

Mar 30 2010, 6:15pm

Post #271 of 360 (34160 views)
Shortcut
Eagle & Child [In reply to] Can't Post

My favourite scene from LOTR is the one where Frodo and Sam are taken from the burning ashes of Mount Doom by The Eagles and brought safely to Minas Tirith (Itilien in the book).
I actually remember this scene every day when I am passing the Eagle and Child pub in Oxford on my way to work. It is the place where Tolkien spent a great deal of time with his friends and the pub's sign outside, showing a baby being carried away by an eagle, looks exactly like the scene in the film :)

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo

(This post was edited by durfalas on Mar 30 2010, 6:17pm)

clazyworld

Mar 30 2010, 6:50pm

Post #272 of 360 (35190 views)
Shortcut
Spelling error [In reply to] Can't Post

*wizard

sorry for the spelling error

Rogue_McMayhem

Mar 30 2010, 6:55pm

Post #273 of 360 (34280 views)
Shortcut
Boromir, Aragorn, Merry, and Pippin [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene Boromir's defense of Merry and Pippin and his deathbed conversation with Aragorn. It's so moving to see that reconciliation between these two leaders of Gondor, plus the selfless sacrifice and attempt at redemption for a foolish mistake.

clazyworld

Mar 30 2010, 6:55pm

Post #274 of 360 (36602 views)
Shortcut
Good one [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the stand- out scenes I think, which I honestly forgot about when doing my entry.

AlaskaBoy

Mar 30 2010, 7:08pm

Post #275 of 360 (36310 views)
Shortcut
AlaskaBoy's Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

I was totally on the fence about Jackson's take on Tolkien until I saw the sneak preview with 10 minutes from the Mines of Moria. Holy Cow! Seeing what I'd always imagined the Balin's Tomb scene come to life in a way I'd never imagined possible cemented my love for the films. Even though most of the trilogy never quite managed to reach that level again, I was willing to overlook the flaws and enjoy the movies because of that initial evidence of the underlying affection and dedication to the "real" Lord of the Rings.

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.