Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A summary of 'The Hobbit' casting discussion so far
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

misbehaved

Mar 9 2010, 1:49am

Post #226 of 383 (43791 views)
Shortcut
No-names [In reply to] Can't Post

Gotta agree with that. Get some new blood up on the screen!

www.simplytj.com

Cobey07

Mar 11 2010, 11:30pm

Post #227 of 383 (45333 views)
Shortcut
Casting [In reply to] Can't Post

That's quite the list! Are they considering any unknowns like they did in LOTR? I've seen stuff all over the web concerning hobbit audition tapes...some are good ...but most are pretty bad...
I thought this one was kinda cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3as8iBonwpE

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 12 2010, 12:00am

Post #228 of 383 (43679 views)
Shortcut
In case you missed it [In reply to] Can't Post

here is a longer list of suggestions for Bilbo. Though I think it is even longer since this post was made.

Welcome to TORn and thanks for the link.

Proprietor

Mar 12 2010, 9:38pm

Post #229 of 383 (42320 views)
Shortcut
Belief [In reply to] Can't Post

The only one I think can play bilbo now is indeed the true bilbo and that is the original from the movies. They just need to heavily add makeup and look him ten years younger.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Mar 13 2010, 3:34am

Post #230 of 383 (41613 views)
Shortcut
*snirt* Women have been trying this for years. And it never works. *glug* // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Mar 13 2010, 3:35am)

Glorfindel
Rivendell

Mar 13 2010, 7:07am

Post #231 of 383 (41292 views)
Shortcut
I hear you sister [In reply to] Can't Post

Bobbi Brown at Smith and Caughy in Auckland run an 'age defying facelift with makeup' workshop and... IT DOESN'T WORK.

Mind you Bilbo says in FOTR that he's stretched thin - like butter spread over too much bread and if he's given a facelift that's exactly what he'll look like so you might be on to something.

*glug*

macfalk
Valinor

Mar 20 2010, 7:59pm

Post #232 of 383 (41802 views)
Shortcut
How about a swede in the game for once? [In reply to] Can't Post

Stellan Skarsgård as a dwarf?

turinMerlin

Mar 21 2010, 3:42am

Post #233 of 383 (41684 views)
Shortcut
spiders [In reply to] Can't Post

don't know why, i've been wondering more about the spiders in mirkwood. to be honest, i was just a bit disappointed with how Shelob was done....just wasn't cutting it for me---it's my favorite part in the books.

Fazumar
The Shire

Mar 21 2010, 10:29am

Post #234 of 383 (42123 views)
Shortcut
If Andy Serkis is for some reason unavailable... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would gladly throw my hat into the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql_dN2IeZ0Q (<--- Gollum Monologue)
^^^ Watch this, it does not disappoint^^^

Would also absolutely relish the opportunity to audition for any other role.

The LotR trilogy is what made me want to become an actor, been doing it
ever since.

I know Guillermo reads and posts here.

Maybe, just maybe?

http://www.tylermichaeljonsson.com

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 21 2010, 6:41pm

Post #235 of 383 (41902 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

that was fantastic. Whether Andy Serkis is available or not, here's hoping your wish comes true!

Fazumar
The Shire

Mar 21 2010, 8:14pm

Post #236 of 383 (41878 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for checking it out! [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC:

Thank you so much!

I really appreciate the feedback, and am glad you liked it.

I hope the rest of you all get a chance to check it out as well.

Also, any sort of 'grass-roots' campaign to support my candidacy for casting in this film would be pretty awesome!

If there is *anywhere* that a die-hard Tolkien fan / Actor can drum up support to become involved in a film such as "The Hobbit",
TheOneRing.net is *IT*

You are all amazing! Thanks for checking out the video!

-Tyler

Los Angeles based Stage and Film Actor.

http://www.TylerMichaelJonsson.com

(This post was edited by Fazumar on Mar 21 2010, 8:23pm)

Lost Hobbit
Rivendell

Mar 22 2010, 8:20am

Post #237 of 383 (43261 views)
Shortcut
Shadow from the past [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone remember approximately the month when the first Fotr casting resulting revealed? I mean the general characters casting results - the Fellowship members, main elves and so on...??? How long it was before the principal photography started?

macfalk
Valinor

Mar 22 2010, 12:45pm

Post #238 of 383 (41987 views)
Shortcut
Good work [In reply to] Can't Post

you sound just like him! must have required a lot of practise.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Mar 22 2010, 12:46pm)

Fazumar
The Shire

Mar 22 2010, 7:06pm

Post #239 of 383 (42469 views)
Shortcut
Surprisingly... [In reply to] Can't Post

Getting the Gollum impression down was not really that hard for me.

In fairness, Andy Serkis did the REAL work. Created an amazing character.

I have always had the ability to emulate characterizations and voices like those quite quickly and easily.

After watching TTT in theatres, I literally just went home and tried manipulating my voice to sound like Gollum. Within about an hour or so, there it was :-)

Been doing it ever since.

Tyler Michael Jonsson's Official Website

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 23 2010, 7:22am

Post #240 of 383 (41999 views)
Shortcut
While watching [In reply to] Can't Post

Alice in Wonderland I thought Crispin Glover looked like a good candidate for Bard.

Glorfindel
Rivendell

Mar 23 2010, 8:27am

Post #241 of 383 (41151 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, afraid not... [In reply to] Can't Post

..I just find him creepy rather than stoic and grim. If you grubbed up James Purefoy he might be good but his schedule looks a little busy.

Fazumar
The Shire

Mar 23 2010, 8:53pm

Post #242 of 383 (41818 views)
Shortcut
Crispin Glover... [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree, Crispin Glover is a poor choice for Bard in my opinion.

He has made a career playing creepy, borderline psychotic characters. I have never seen him in a serious, grim role WITHOUT him being crazy.

Could he do it:? Perhaps. But there are other actors much better suited to the part.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 23 2010, 9:18pm

Post #243 of 383 (43603 views)
Shortcut
Maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

you would prefer number 7? Wink

Glorfindel
Rivendell

Mar 24 2010, 1:41am

Post #244 of 383 (41367 views)
Shortcut
Btw... [In reply to] Can't Post

... thought your Gollum was very good. You should post more audition tapes on You Tube. Maybe you could do your own thing with one of the characters from The Hobbit that no-one has seen before. You look kind of elfin so maybe Thranduil or really stretch yourself and do a short 'riddles' scene with Bilbo and Gollum (and yes I know you're too young for all these characters but why not make it your interpretation). And have a look at the Noldor Blog http://nznoldor.blogspot.com/. He had some info a while ago on where to send your head shots and cv and was most insistent that they would get to the 'right' people.

Not that I know what I'm talking about but hey it's worth a shot and good luck!

stef_austin

Mar 24 2010, 2:38am

Post #245 of 383 (40839 views)
Shortcut
Casting submission address?? [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have to excuse my lack of info here if these questions have already been answred... I haven't been keeping up with this forum for the last 2 months or so.

Has there been a mailing address posted yet for actors wanting to send headshots and resumes?

And did they move the schedule for filming back to 2011 or is it still set to begin this summer? I see it's starting in July. nm :P

Thanks!

(This post was edited by stef_austin on Mar 24 2010, 2:41am)

Fazumar
The Shire

Mar 24 2010, 7:37am

Post #246 of 383 (43328 views)
Shortcut
Casting Directors on The Hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

I've actually done a bit of research and have determined the casting directors in charge of casting The Hobbit.

Luckily for me they just happen to be holding a Casting Director Workshop in Hollywood tomorrow evening, which I've signed up to attend!

These workshops are in no way an official audition or guarantee OF getting an audition.

Just a good way to introduce yourself to CD's who are casting projects you are interested in, and if the fates smile upon you, who knows where it could lead?

Sooo... Tomorrow night will be a very exciting time for me! Wish me well, my fellow Tolkien lovers!

Watch My Gollum Impression Video (Best You Will Ever Watch!)

Glorfindel
Rivendell

Mar 24 2010, 8:58am

Post #247 of 383 (41808 views)
Shortcut
Good luck indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

macfalk
Valinor

Mar 24 2010, 7:32pm

Post #248 of 383 (41476 views)
Shortcut
good luck indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by macfalk on Mar 24 2010, 7:32pm)

Fazumar
The Shire

Mar 25 2010, 10:53am

Post #249 of 383 (40474 views)
Shortcut
What a great experience! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well everyone, I had the opportunity tonight to showcase my skills for one of the casting directors of "The Hobbit".

As an actor who has met many of the casting professionals in this town, I can honestly say that this gentleman was one of the kindest, most gracious CD's I have ever encountered.

I had a great time talking with him regarding my love for "all things Rings".

He assured me he would go and take a look at my Gollum impression video (link in sig)... After all he said, "If we don't get Andy, we will need someone else!"

Here are a few tidbits for you folks to chew on directly from the people casting the film...

Casting has indeed been "pushed", most likely until May/June or so.

Does this mean that NO casting decisions or contracts are being signed until then? Probably not. Actors like Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis (if he returns), and the like are probably already in discussions.

As far as actors coming in to read for parts such as Bilbo, Bard, the dwarves... etc...

That most likely is still in the brainstorming phase... The CD's have a list of people they want to audition, and may have started seeing a few select people... But the large scale auditions have not begun in earnest yet due to the schedule being pushed.

I hope you have found this information helpful! I had such a great time, I cannot express how humbled and honored I was to be acting for one of the people directly responsible for casting The Hobbit.

Lastly, I would just comment that you should not take any of this that I have said as absolute truth... While this person was extremely genuine and honest with those of us in attendance, it would be naive to assume that he was given direct permission to speak openly about such sensitive casting matters.

As such, it is possible that many parts have already been "unofficially" cast, barring a studio exec shooting down a potential candidate, or that candidate turning down the role (or someone else auditioning and blowing them away!!!).

Long story short: The Hobbit cast is nowhere near finalized, and there are many more developments to come in the following weeks and months.

Any more information I am able to uncover I will be sure to share!

Watch My Gollum Impression Video (Best You Will Ever Watch!)

GAndyalf
Valinor

Mar 29 2010, 6:43pm

Post #250 of 383 (41879 views)
Shortcut
I'm almost 50... [In reply to] Can't Post

And it worked for Star Wars to cast unknowns... PLEEEZE Mr del Toro?! I know more than half of it half as well as I should like and I like less than half of it half as well as it deserves! Sly

"Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.