Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Any NZ-sibbies wanna moot? :D

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 2 2010, 12:57pm

Post #1 of 14 (745 views)
Shortcut
Any NZ-sibbies wanna moot? :D Can't Post

I'll be in Wellington from March 18-23rd... so if anyone wants to meet for a dinner-moot, I'd love to see ya! :D

Unfortunately, I have no vehicle and won't be travelling outside Wellington, otherwise I'd be tickled to meet elsewhere.

sample sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 2 2010, 2:15pm

Post #2 of 14 (467 views)
Shortcut
WOOT! You're gonna be in Middle-earth... [In reply to] Can't Post

... how awesome is that! I'm so happy for you gramma Smile

The only person I know for sure who lives in Wellington is Jack from The Noldor Blog, who (and you probably already know this) is a sibbie too Cool He does LOTR tours down there, so if you do meet him and have a good time, don't forget to tell him I said "Hi!". Actually, that doesn't make sense does it? Me sending a virtual "Hi!" to him through you? I could send him a virtual one directly... CrazyTongue

The House of Eorl is being renovated!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 2 2010, 5:45pm

Post #3 of 14 (819 views)
Shortcut
Arghh! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to meet up with you again gramma, but I'd be flayed alive if I left during that time because of a couple of big events that we've been working towards for months. It's just really bad timing!

Let's catch up by phone - I'll message you.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Mar 4 2010, 3:29am

Post #4 of 14 (496 views)
Shortcut
Have a Great Time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Enjoy!

I'm going to be in a "so near and yet so far" situation later this year - I'm going to be in Australia for nearly two weeks. I'd love to get over to New Zealand for a few days. May have to just wave if we fly over New Zealand on the way.

Pittsburgh Flicks - Making Movies in the 'Burgh
http://www.pghflicks.com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 6 2010, 2:27am

Post #5 of 14 (315 views)
Shortcut
That's perfect! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking into doing a Wellington LotR Tour while I'm there... so maybe I'll have a chance to speak with him! His blogs have given us some great moments and things to get geeked about! Thanks for reminding me, Earl!

Wanna NZ Moot?

sample sample

~Hug like a hobbit!~

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 6 2010, 2:29am

Post #6 of 14 (304 views)
Shortcut
Oh geez... I totally know what you mean! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's well-known in my local circle that I have a fantastic gift of timing... NOT!!! No fear, Ataahua :) Expect me when you hear from me ;)

*huggles*

Wanna NZ Moot?

sample sample

~Hug like a hobbit!~

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 6 2010, 2:31am

Post #7 of 14 (357 views)
Shortcut
It's just a hobbit, skip and a jump!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you get there!!! It'd be a shame to miss it after travelling so far. 'Course, I have no room to talk. Getting all the way there and missing Hobbiton. *sigh* Sometimes the fates say, "NO WAY!!!" ;)

Wanna NZ Moot?

sample sample

~Hug like a hobbit!~

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2010, 2:22pm

Post #8 of 14 (532 views)
Shortcut
You leave the day we arrive [In reply to] Can't Post

We land in Auckland early in the morning of the 23rd, so we'll miss you too! I will catch up with you somewhere, at some point!!

Alicia
Lorien

Mar 10 2010, 1:58pm

Post #9 of 14 (328 views)
Shortcut
*sob* [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I were still there, Gramma... I'd moot with you!! Where are you staying? Luckily, Wellington is *incredibly* walkable, if that makes any sense. I quite literally lost 5 lbs when I was there, from all the walking I was doing (well, 3 days of tramping in Otaki Forks helped, too). I think you mentioned that you might do a LoTR tour while you're there...? I don't know if you've ever been on a Red Carpet Tour, but if you're only thinking of doing a day tour, this is my suggestion. Contact Vic & Raewyn James from Red Carpet Tours (the sweetest people on the face of the planet) & see if you can join them for the 2 days that they'll be in Wellington (I'm not sure if it matches up with your schedule, but if it does, you should do this). You'll get to go to Daniel's presentation, the Weta Cave, the "get off the road!" site, the Stansborough Cloak Factory... I may have forgotten a thing or two. Then another day while you're there, go to the Visitor iSite (can't remember the street now, but it's VERY easy to find... If you find the library with the polka-dots on the outside, you'll find the iSite. It's nearish to Cuba Street, which is a thing to see all on its own) & book a different tour. There are all kinds of things to choose from, LoTR & non-LoTR. Let me know if that helps (& if you have any room in your suitcase for me, LOL!)

-Alicia

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

JRandomRohirrim
Rohan

Mar 10 2010, 8:07pm

Post #10 of 14 (355 views)
Shortcut
We decided we could go to one place, but decided on Christchurch [In reply to] Can't Post

Love those mountains and even Mt. Sunday without Meducel would be way cool.

Pittsburgh Flicks - Making Movies in the 'Burgh
http://www.pghflicks.com

Alicia
Lorien

Mar 11 2010, 3:23am

Post #11 of 14 (507 views)
Shortcut
Hey Gramma!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just found out about this iPhone app; I don't know if you have an iPhone or iPod touch, but if you do, go to iTunes & search for "Welly Walks". It's a free app, & although I haven't looked at it fully yet, it looks cool & I downloaded it... for next time. Wink Here's a link to an article about it:

http://www.wellingtonnz.com/...ampaign=social_mar10

Let me know what you think! Smile

-Alicia

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 12 2010, 5:13pm

Post #12 of 14 (612 views)
Shortcut
Bummer!! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you were flying on to Wellington, we could meet at the airport. I leave in the afternoon :D

sample

Wanna NZ Moot?

sample sample

~Hug like a hobbit!~

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 16 2010, 1:36am

Post #13 of 14 (2545 views)
Shortcut
So close! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately we won't be in Wellington for that magical week. You'll have to come back :-)

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Peregrin
The Shire

Apr 1 2010, 11:57pm

Post #14 of 14 (343 views)
Shortcut
Back to Middle-earth [In reply to] Can't Post

It won't be for a while, but I'm hoping to be back in NZ for the premiere of The Hobbit, Part 1. I'll be part of a tour. It will be sort of a reunion tour as a number of us did M-e in JAN 04 & I led 3 hobbits around in '06. Fabulous tours.

Closer to home I'm chairing the 3rd Conference On Middle-earth.

All are invited, tho the main draw will be from the Northeast of the US.

Cheers!
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo! Not all those who wander are lost. Thain Peregrin Took II
thain@3rdcome.org
www.3rdcome.org
Great Smials
Tuckborough, The Shire

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.