The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Arwen

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 9 2010, 1:18am

Post #1 of 20 (2896 views)
Shortcut
Arwen Can't Post

30ish hours of work later, I'm finally finished with another piece! I'm real proud of this one (and it's gotten great reception thus far).

You can click here for the full view, but here's a small image if you have no interest XD

Next up I'm drawing Halbarad. Because there are seriously no drawings of Halbarad and it makes me sad.

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Feb 9 2010, 1:46am

Post #2 of 20 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Great job [In reply to] Can't Post

you must have a lot of patience

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 9 2010, 5:22am

Post #3 of 20 (2687 views)
Shortcut
love the red drapery effect! [In reply to] Can't Post

You've captured the velvet really well.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Nimloth
Lorien

Feb 9 2010, 7:31pm

Post #4 of 20 (2697 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is really lovely Ainu Laire. I wish I had talent like that.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Feb 10 2010, 12:32pm

Post #5 of 20 (2761 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely fantastic. Very good depth and imagery. You've captured the image with great result! Smile

"Welcome. Wilkommen to Kino Das Bang Bang Boom Boom 1970 Ich Habe Diese Jacke Bekommen, 2004."

Rivendell

Feb 11 2010, 9:54am

Post #6 of 20 (2524 views)
Shortcut
Looks great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had that same linoleum in a place i had a while back.Tongue

Excited to see Halbarad...any chance you will do the whole grey company, eventually?

"Something, something, something Darkside. Something, something, something complete."

(This post was edited by 7777777 on Feb 11 2010, 9:57am)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Feb 12 2010, 4:04am

Post #7 of 20 (2958 views)
Shortcut
Wow, just wow. / [In reply to] Can't Post

white_elf
The Shire

Feb 12 2010, 11:14pm

Post #8 of 20 (2446 views)
Shortcut
That is seriously good [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not know colored drawing could be so life-like. You have a lot of talent.

Anorien
Rohan

Feb 13 2010, 11:14pm

Post #9 of 20 (2409 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything about it is amazing. I love the detail in the hair and in the fabric, you do folds and drapery quite well. I love the colors, good job!

The Lord of the Fellowship of the Return of the Two Towers of the Hobbit King of the Rings...with the Silmarillion!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Feb 15 2010, 4:32pm

Post #10 of 20 (2393 views)
Shortcut
Gorgeous! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for February

Eryn
Bree

Feb 15 2010, 5:24pm

Post #11 of 20 (2380 views)
Shortcut
OMG! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's amazing, just amazing!
Can't wait to see your interpretation of Halbarad- there is indeed to little of him in the world!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 15 2010, 10:01pm

Post #12 of 20 (2374 views)
Shortcut
Arwen [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice. Lots of detail (not to mention the perspective of the room). The details of the draperies (sleeves, lounge coverings) are excellent (and difficult to do; that sort of thing makes me nutz!!!). 30 hours is pretty fast. I also would like to see more of the obscure characters illustrated, not just the ones from the films.

Do tell us what media you are using (it appears to be pastels?).

Keep painting!Smile

Go outside and play...

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2010, 12:07am

Post #13 of 20 (2357 views)
Shortcut
Oh man [In reply to] Can't Post

Give individual looks to all 30 men? I honestly doubt it; I can barely come up with names for all of them, not to mention distinct features XD I will do other LOTR and Sil characters as my skills continue to develop... Hobbit as well.

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Feb 18 2010, 12:08am

Post #14 of 20 (2386 views)
Shortcut
Prismacolor pencils and graphite. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Rivendell

Feb 18 2010, 6:14am

Post #15 of 20 (2392 views)
Shortcut
Maybe only 6 or 7... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn
Gimli
Legolas
Elladan and Elrohir
Halbarad with the standard and maybe 1 other ranger and the rest could just be background. A scene of them at the Harlond and charging towards Pelennor would be awesome to see. (No green spray paint this time:)

I can't even imagine how much work it would be, it's just something I would really love to see. The Grey company and their journey are my favorite parts of the LOTR.

Good luck with your future projects.

"Something, something, something Darkside. Something, something, something complete."

OrnawenRana
The Shire

Feb 18 2010, 11:41pm

Post #16 of 20 (4244 views)
Shortcut
So beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe that was done with just colored pencils. Looked like pastels at first glance. Great job!

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2010, 5:28am

Post #17 of 20 (2383 views)
Shortcut
media [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you tried MiTientes paper?

There are many kinds of colored papers designed for color pencil and pastel, but this is the best one I've found so far. It comes in lots of gorgeous natural colors; stone blues and greys, rosey stone colors, brick reds and hunter greens, plant greens, mist and sea colors, and a nice texture too.

Go outside and play...

aranelthehobbit22
Gondor

Feb 26 2010, 9:36pm

Post #18 of 20 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Wow! this is BEAUTIFUL! [In reply to] Can't Post

You are very talented!
I love the shading on her dress!

'I'm glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.'
feet
Walk as the Elves do: lightly upon the snow

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Mar 3 2010, 7:58pm

Post #19 of 20 (2314 views)
Shortcut
Exceptional [In reply to] Can't Post

Very nice, Laire. The detail is incredible and the different shades of red really stand out.

I'm looking forward to your Halbarad. You're quite right, there really should be more Halbarad art.

A little apart the Rangers sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head....There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Mar 3 2010, 8:02pm

Post #20 of 20 (2658 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps we can bribe her. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Grey Company > other stuff

A little apart the Rangers sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head....There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.