Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Dwarf beard: Not shaving until the second Hobbit movie comes out!

Rivendell

Jan 29 2010, 6:45am

Post #1 of 13 (1673 views)
Shortcut
Dwarf beard: Not shaving until the second Hobbit movie comes out! Can't Post

I have decided to let my beard grow until the second Hobbit movie is released and maybe beyond. I had it getting pretty long a while back, but had to shave it to take a position in a Waste Water Treatment Plant at a Pulp and Paper mill. I am now self-employed and decided it's time to let it go...so I might as well do it in honor of our stout bearded friends. I prefer having a beard anyway and my wife also enjoys it. I will post updates every once in a while to show progress. This is the last picture taking of me with a beard before I shaved a few months later(it was about 1 to 1.5" longer) and in this pic, I had cleaned up quite a bit:

I just took these chin shots a few minutes ago:

I will take similar pics in the future.

I will probably go with the Wayne Static style, because I do not like mustaches:

I will continue to post as progress is made.

W

"Something, something, something Darkside. Something, something, something complete."

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 29 2010, 7:45pm)

sticklebat
Lorien

Jan 29 2010, 8:34am

Post #2 of 13 (264 views)
Shortcut
this is... [In reply to] Can't Post

actually the most fun thread I've had the pleasure of reading in quite some time...
cause, man, there are truly some out there that really, just don't get it...I feel bad for them.

in response to Lunamoth's post...you are very wise and quite correct when you say there are those
who think this is contest to be won... an attainable, tangible, prize-laden conquest...wow.

I too am going to grow my Dwarf beard, just for fun...cause clearly...we need some.

cheers...Peace, all. Cool

Tri duath telich na estel lin...a si gerich naid bain anirach.

Buchanicus
Lorien

Jan 29 2010, 10:02am

Post #3 of 13 (247 views)
Shortcut
I love this!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will Love following this!

I wish I could join you, but my job in public education may not let me get to "wild" with it (I think the beard I currently have is already pushing it a bit)...who knows.

Regardless...I will track your progression and look forward to waht it looks like the day of the Hobbit 2's release!!

Stick with it brother!!!

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

(This post was edited by Buchanicus on Jan 29 2010, 10:03am)

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 29 2010, 2:00pm

Post #4 of 13 (219 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

This should be fun! Laugh

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2010, 3:26pm

Post #5 of 13 (217 views)
Shortcut
Enjoy being a dwarf! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a fun pet project XD

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Patty
Immortal

Jan 29 2010, 5:14pm

Post #6 of 13 (194 views)
Shortcut
What a fun idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. It's good that the wife is okay with it. I expect she is a fun loving person, too. Is she a Tolkien fan, too?

Permanent address: Into the West

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2010, 5:26pm

Post #7 of 13 (193 views)
Shortcut
That is awesome!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

My other half has a pretty impressive beard, I'm in that minority camp of women that actually likes facial hair on a man!

Do keep us updated!

Rivendell

Jan 29 2010, 7:07pm

Post #8 of 13 (197 views)
Shortcut
My wife.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is very easy going and when we met at college my beard was longer than my hair and then I shaved before our first date(big mistake) and she was disappointed.....last time it was long she enjoyed braiding/beading it. She is a Movie Tolkien fan and has never read the books and mostly enjoys the dvd interviews more than anything..watching Peter rip around on a bike bare-foot and scruffy with duck tape on his jacket...classic. We are both in agreement that I am a Dwarf, who happens to be 6'5".Tongue

"Something, something, something Darkside. Something, something, something complete."

macfalk
Valinor

Jan 29 2010, 7:22pm

Post #9 of 13 (178 views)
Shortcut
good luck with it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2010, 11:50pm

Post #10 of 13 (161 views)
Shortcut
I agree with your wife! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've told Neil many a time that I'd miss his beard if he got rid of it! His mum is trying to get him to shave it for our wedding in March! No way! Tongue

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Jan 30 2010, 8:37am

Post #11 of 13 (141 views)
Shortcut
I would offer to grow one in the spirit of solidarity, [In reply to] Can't Post

but alas. I'd offer to stop shaving my legs, but I would end up resembling an ent more than dwarf.

But you are what you love,
And not what loves you back.
And I'm in love with illusions
So saw me in half.
I'm in love with tricks
So pull another rabbit out your hat.

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Jan 30 2010, 8:38am

Post #12 of 13 (136 views)
Shortcut
Good luck! Fun idea. // [In reply to] Can't Post

But you are what you love,
And not what loves you back.
And I'm in love with illusions
So saw me in half.
I'm in love with tricks
So pull another rabbit out your hat.

sphdle1
Gondor

Feb 1 2010, 12:50pm

Post #13 of 13 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Post some pics [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll have to post some pics as it progresses.Wink

Myself, I will have to pass of this one, as there's only one thing I can't stand on me than having to shave, and that is having a beard. Good luck with it!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.