Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
star wars vs. lord of the rings--don't like the outcome tho! enjoy this link

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Jan 25 2010, 10:05pm

Post #1 of 9 (1263 views)
Shortcut
star wars vs. lord of the rings--don't like the outcome tho! enjoy this link Can't Post

http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/...1a5986&GT1=28140

squire
Half-elven

Jan 25 2010, 11:24pm

Post #2 of 9 (661 views)
Shortcut
Kewl // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jan 26 2010, 5:05pm

Post #3 of 9 (604 views)
Shortcut
Krewl // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska

At night one cannot tell if crows are black or white.

Nazgul
The Shire

Jan 26 2010, 6:33pm

Post #4 of 9 (642 views)
Shortcut
Original Trilogy [In reply to] Can't Post

The original Star Wars or LOTR? Both are equally epic. Star Wars in general? LOTR wins, the prequels killed it.

Check out this hilarious review (Contains harsh language):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

(This post was edited by Nazgul on Jan 26 2010, 6:37pm)

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2010, 8:38pm

Post #5 of 9 (609 views)
Shortcut
"Which the better trilogy?" [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt that they would choose the prequels to represent Star Wars.

With the OT it's a hard choice for me, but I'd probably say LOTR, if only because ROTK beats ROTJ, making the overall trilogy better. I love the original Star Wars more than the trilogy in general, though.

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2010, 8:41pm

Post #6 of 9 (597 views)
Shortcut
I love how LOTR's triumphant music is flutes // [In reply to] Can't Post

Anorien
Rohan

Jan 26 2010, 11:22pm

Post #7 of 9 (596 views)
Shortcut
Haha...no [In reply to] Can't Post

The last three Star Wars movies just killed the series. I liked the original better too, when he cut off his hand. Darn digital editing.

Yay Lord of the Rings!

The Lord of the Fellowship of the Return of the Two Towers of the Hobbit King of the Rings...with the Silmarillion!

Pipkin Sweetgrass

Jan 29 2010, 4:56am

Post #8 of 9 (645 views)
Shortcut
Star Wars V LotR [In reply to] Can't Post

LotR. No question. And Star Wars isn't even a trilogy any more. Plus, LotR is the granddaddy of 'em all. So...yeah.Cool

"Once upon a time I had a mind to make a body of more or less connected legend, ranging from the large and cosmogonic to the level of romantic fairy-story - the larger founded on the lesser in contact with the
earth, the lesser drawing splendour from the vast backcloths... I would draw some of the great tales in fullness, and leave many only placed in the scheme, and sketched. The cycles should be linked to a majestic
whole, and yet leave scope for other minds and hands, wielding paint and music and drama."

J.R.R. Tolkien

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jan 29 2010, 2:08pm

Post #9 of 9 (515 views)
Shortcut
Arguably... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Star Wars is two trilogies (the originals and prequels have too many differences, particularly in style, to form one coherent whole), and they were comparing LotR to just one of the SW trilogies.

...the good one, obviously. Cool

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Jan 29 2010, 2:09pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.