Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I'm begging to be woried about...

Rogash
Bree

Jan 25 2010, 7:22pm

Post #1 of 9 (356 views)
Shortcut
I'm begging to be woried about... Can't Post

The Hobbit.Guillermo del Toro is one of the best director for me like Peter Jackson,and production crew is great too,but the script in two years shall be completed now,what's happening then ? Push back to 2012 now ? And we would like to know some real news about casting now;I've fear about the last rumors.please Mr Del Toro or Mr Jackson,we want good news,it's too quiet after all.Just a message to reassure us.

PS: I'm French and I don't speak english very well,sorry^^

Elizabeth
Valinor

Jan 25 2010, 7:51pm

Post #2 of 9 (193 views)
Shortcut
Try not to worry. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's reliably reported that the script for #1 is done (Ian McKellan says he's seen it), and #2 is in the works. Shooting is expected to begin in a few months. The report that mentioned 2012 does not appear to be very well-sourced (knowledgeable).

The casting process appears to be under way, and we're all hoping for announcements in the next weeks or months.

Christmas, 1934, by Father Christmas

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Eldorion
Rohan

Jan 26 2010, 12:44am

Post #3 of 9 (145 views)
Shortcut
Two points [In reply to] Can't Post

How reliable is Ian McKellen? Didn't he say Bilbo was cast back in August? On the other hand, the script story was mentioned by others, iirc.

The latest 2012 article quoted a New Line official. However, I'm more inclined to believe PJ.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 26 2010, 1:28am

Post #4 of 9 (144 views)
Shortcut
Sir Ian is as reliable [In reply to] Can't Post

as anyone at this stage - meaning, subject to change as things progress. If I'm remembering correctly, he hinted that they had someone in mind for Bilbo at that time, not that anyone was cast. The person he was thinking of may still be on a short list, or something may have come up to prevent it working out, who knows. No one is "cast" until they're signed, and we'll hear that news when it happens.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

macfalk
Valinor

Jan 26 2010, 7:42am

Post #5 of 9 (105 views)
Shortcut
PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

didnt he say that script 2 was to be finished around christmas/new year?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 26 2010, 3:23pm

Post #6 of 9 (76 views)
Shortcut
It's difficult not to worry [In reply to] Can't Post

when there are so many unanswered questions. Try not to worry. It was only a short while ago that we were wondering if there ever would be a Hobbit film made... and now we have 2!!! :D

Peter Jackson has waited a long time and worked very hard to finish Tolkien's story, and I trust him to be as respectful and careful with these films. I hope they can get them done according to their original schedule, and I'll continue to hope for that... but time will tell. Just thank Goodness we have these films being done at all :D

Your English is VERY VERY good! I took nearly 6 years of French in school (thousands of years ago now ;), and I'd be totally lost if I tried to use it now. Tres bien, Rogash! :D

sample sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jan 26 2010, 3:25pm)

Eldorion
Rohan

Jan 26 2010, 8:30pm

Post #7 of 9 (55 views)
Shortcut
I can't find anywhere he says that [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking through my collection of links to news articles and googling repeatedly shows a November 2009 interview where PJ said the first script was done and the second half-completed, but he didn't say when the second one would be finished.

The piece I did find is here: http://www.theonering.net/...script-is-completed/.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jan 26 2010, 9:19pm

Post #8 of 9 (43 views)
Shortcut
Try this one [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=229893#229893

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for January

Eldorion
Rohan

Jan 26 2010, 9:29pm

Post #9 of 9 (75 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.