Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Ron Perlman answers some Hobbit questions

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 25 2010, 1:33pm

Views: 282
Shortcut
Ron Perlman answers some Hobbit questions Can't Post

Excerpted from an interview over at MyDesert.com.

On The Hobbit:

Q: I was looking on IMDB, and it is rumored that you are going to be in the Hobbit movies?

A: Itís still rumored. Nothing is confirmed. Thereís nothing formalized yet. But Iíll call you up and give you the scoop if it happens.

Q: So weíll get it first and not TMZ?

A: You betcha.

Q: By any chance can you talk about the opportunity to work in a movie like that?

A: Nah. Thereís nothing to talk about yet. When thereís something to talk about, Iíll be happy to talk to you about it. For now, I know Guillermo is working really hard. Heís a good friend of mine, whether Iím in the movie or not. Iíve done four with him before. I know he has his hands full. The last thing he needs is to worry about that stuff right now.

On his working relationship with GDT:

Q: Can you talk about your working relationship with director Guillermo del Toro? Obviously you have a good working relationship having been in four movies together. What is it about that chemistry that really works for you guys?

A: We just got off on the right foot back in 1992 when we did "Cronos", his first film. We became more than an actor-director relationship. We became good friends. Thereís just this wonderful mutual appreciation that carries through. Thatís the basic overriding mood of all our collaborations together. We have so much fun together. He knows how to write for me, better than anybody I ever worked for. He seemed to have gotten into my head really fast. I donít know how he did it, but I wish he would get out.

The House of Eorl is being renovated!

Subject User Time
Ron Perlman answers some Hobbit questions Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 25 2010, 1:33pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.