Saruman vs Balrog Can't Post

who wins?

Vangalad
Lorien

Jan 18 2010, 1:35am

Post #2 of 5 (1437 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be a tough deathmatch,they are both Maiar,almost equal in spiritual power but obviously the Balrog's shape is armored with might while Saruman is embodied as an old man...
Of course this is similar to the Gandalf Vs Balrog scene but Gandalf used his weapons,his magic,his cleverness and his will to defeat the demon.He wields the legendary sword Glamdring and his staff, he decides to shatter the bridge and he battles the demon ceaselessly after their fall.We do not know under what circumstances Saruman would confront the Balrog...we know that he carries only his staff and he is a master of mind manipulation so i see more of a magic/mind fight over there,Saruman could put forth all his ancient and dark knowledge of spells and tricks and meet his chances against a towering fiery killer.
I think the one on one is more likely to be won by the Balrog but Saruman's cunning shouldn't be underestimated.

(This post was edited by Aulendil on Jan 18 2010, 1:37am)

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 24 2010, 3:48pm

Post #3 of 5 (1192 views)
Shortcut
Hmm good point [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf was able to defeat the Balrog, but he had Glamdring.

Does Saruman have only his staff? Then I'd have to give this one to the Balrog.

Or .... can he use an explosive device as in TTT? Then I'd give that to Saruman. And add some Balrog bits to the spider goulash Sly.

balinman
Rivendell

Feb 15 2010, 8:17pm

Post #4 of 5 (4493 views)
Shortcut
Saruman vs Balrog [In reply to] Can't Post

saruman wouldn't stand a chance. the Balrog would just simply burn him and that's the end of the fight! Balrog all the way!

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Sep 14 2013, 12:34pm

Post #5 of 5 (342 views)
Shortcut
sauraman [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.