Moot in NZ?

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 22 2009, 1:47pm

Post #1 of 18 (2377 views)
Shortcut
Moot in NZ? Can't Post

Hi all-

Well, I've been bellyaching for 2 years about needing to get back to NZ... it was booked last night, & I will be there from Feb. 8 to March 1, 2010!!! I'll be based in Wellington, but most likely free to go hither & yon. I would SO love to meet up with anyone & everyone from TORn who's going to be there the same time I am. I know Gramma mentioned something about she & a few others being there, although I'm not sure of the actual dates. But I would love a moot of some sort!! Smile What say you?

-Alicia
allywag67@aol.co
www.thewagband.com

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2009, 5:57pm

Post #2 of 18 (1979 views)
Shortcut
I'll miss you by a few weeks! [In reply to] Can't Post

We fly out to NZ on March 21st and are there til April 21st. If I remember right, I think gramma is there from 18th-23rd March.

Would have loved to moot!

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 22 2009, 6:04pm

Post #3 of 18 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Oh no! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown That stinks - I can't believe we'll miss each other by a few weeks... Unimpressed Sigh... Well, is anybody else going to be in NZ during Feb 8 - March 1? I'd love to meet up with whomever is available!
-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
www.thewagband.com

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 22 2009, 6:46pm

Post #4 of 18 (1976 views)
Shortcut
Yep, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be around, and I can meet you wherever you and any others are. A weekend in Welllington sounds like a good idea!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 22 2009, 6:53pm

Post #5 of 18 (1981 views)
Shortcut
Oh, get outta town!! [In reply to] Can't Post

No, actually stay in town!!! Laugh I'm so excited that you'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FYI, this is a link to my hotel:
http://www.hotels.com/...C+New+Zealand#prices Of course I don't know my room number yet, but still, that's the hotel. Now, I haven't kept track of who lives where; do you live in NZ? If so, can you tell me the best (read: cheapest) way to get from Wellington Airport to that hotel? Thanks for your help - and I'm so excited to have another friend in NZ!!! EvilHeart -Alicia allywag67@aol.com www.thewagband.com

Edited to say that I just peeked at your profile & I see that you do indeed live in NZ. Awesome!! Sly
Edited again to say Crikey, you're quite a way from Wellington! But then, so am I... LOL Thanks for being willing to make a trip to spend some time with me & whomever else! Heart

(This post was edited by Alicia on Dec 22 2009, 7:02pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 22 2009, 8:26pm

Post #6 of 18 (1979 views)
Shortcut
Check to see [In reply to] Can't Post

if your hotel offers a shuttle service. If not, there should be a general bus shuttle service from the airport to town, or you can taxi into town. (I can't see which hotel you're staying at so I don't know where in the city it is.)

I travel to Wellington once or twice a year to visit friends so it's no biggie to head that way for a moot. I travel to Auckland more frequently though - more friends there, I like the city better and the drive is beautiful.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 22 2009, 8:30pm

Post #7 of 18 (1957 views)
Shortcut
Now why didn't I think of that? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the tip - silly me! Crazy I don't know why you couldn't see the hotel - but this is the address: Mercure Wellington Willis Street -41.29699, 174.76985 355 Willis St, Wellington, New Zealand Well, I hope that more people can join us - or that I'm worth a mini-moot! Laugh (I don't know why this is bold now... weird. It won't stop.) -Alicia

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 23 2009, 12:27am

Post #8 of 18 (1982 views)
Shortcut
You know, I don’t know why, [In reply to] Can't Post

and you’ll probably kill me, but for the longest time I thought you were

um

an Aussie.

*ducks*

*ducks again*

*runs and takes cover*

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 23 2009, 12:38am

Post #9 of 18 (2090 views)
Shortcut
Ufthak's always hiding that blasted bazooka of his. [In reply to] Can't Post

And just when I need it too...

Evil

Ataahua's stories

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 29 2009, 6:02pm

Post #10 of 18 (1931 views)
Shortcut
Never! [In reply to] Can't Post

G-TX, I looked at this thread, well, threaded, to make sure you were talking to me in your post. If indeed you were... Why on EARTH would I want to kill you (never!) for thinking I was an Aussie?!? I'd LOVE to be an Aussie!!! Or a Kiwi!! Or both at once!!! CoolHeartCool If something that I said, or something about me gave you the impression that I was an Aussie, I couldn't be happier!! (As long as it wasn't something that was untrue, like "I'm an Aussie." LOL) I love NZ & Australia more than any other places in the world - I'd be proud to be from either country! Evil

-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
www.thewagband.com

Edited to say: Apparently I'm an idiot, LOL, & can't even figure out a threaded thread (!) until I've already posted. You were talking to Ataahua, weren't you? Oh, well, if Ataahua doesn't want to be an Aussie (now I duck & run!) I still do!! Laugh

(This post was edited by Alicia on Dec 29 2009, 6:05pm)

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 29 2009, 7:11pm

Post #11 of 18 (1941 views)
Shortcut
*grin* [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like you want to be one so bad that you heard someone call you that, even when they didn't. ;o)

~~~~~~~~

The TORNsib formerly known as Galadriel.

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 29 2009, 7:17pm

Post #12 of 18 (2061 views)
Shortcut
That, and [In reply to] Can't Post

the fact that I apparently don't know how to read a threaded thread! Laugh

-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
www.thewagband.com

Alicia
Lorien

Jan 9 2010, 3:08am

Post #13 of 18 (2342 views)
Shortcut
Just an FYI [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope we can still meet up, Ataahua! Smile I know that I'm busy the night of Feb. 11, & am going camping with a friend from Wed. the 17th to Sat. the 20th. I also plan on meeting up with Vic & Raewyn (yay!!) on the 12th and/or the 13th. Other than that, I'm sure I'll have things to do (I'll probably be hanging out a lot with the girl I'm going camping with, actually) but I'm also sure that I'll have plenty of free time. I just wanted to let anyone who might be interested in a moot to know the days that I definitely won't be available. I'm SO excited about this!! I leave on Feb. 6th & arrive exactly one month from today!!!! HeartHeartHeart

-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
www.thewagband.com

Alicia
Lorien

Feb 1 2010, 1:23pm

Post #14 of 18 (1943 views)
Shortcut
Leaving on Saturday!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It doesn't seem like anyone will be able to meet up with me Frown, but I just wanted to say that I leave for NZ this Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laugh If anyone is able to meet up, please reply to this message, or PM me, or e-mail me at allywag67@aol.com. Thanks - I can't wait to go back "home" again!!!!!

-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
www.thewagband.com

Draupne
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 7 2010, 8:47pm

Post #15 of 18 (1995 views)
Shortcut
If you want to [In reply to] Can't Post

you can borrow my whaling harpoon.

Alicia
Lorien

Feb 8 2010, 6:21am

Post #16 of 18 (3234 views)
Shortcut
Errrr... [In reply to] Can't Post

You know I'm vegan, right? Thanks anyway...? Lol Well, all, I'm here in Wellington. E-mail me at allywag67@aol.com if you'd like to moot up... er, meet up! :-)

Alicia

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Feb 12 2010, 7:39pm

Post #17 of 18 (1914 views)
Shortcut
Hope you're having fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure you report your adventures, I will be heading over there in just over a month so any recommendations would be great!!

Alicia
Lorien

Feb 13 2010, 2:26am

Post #18 of 18 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Lots o' stuff! [In reply to] Can't Post

It helps me that I have a friend about an hour north of Wellington. I've hung out with her a few times, & we're going camping this weekend. I also got to participate in 2 days' worth of the Red Carpet Tour. :-) Other than that, don't miss Cuba Street, Te Papa, hanging out at the waterfront... Trying to think what else. I'm not jet-lagged, but I'm exhausted from doing so much walking, LOL!
Alicia

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.