The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Request to post something exciting!!

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 19 2009, 4:07pm

Post #1 of 5 (267 views)
Shortcut
Request to post something exciting!! Can't Post

Hi mods! I PMd this to Altaira the other day, but haven't heard back, so I thought maybe she was busy/not online. I should have posted it here to begin with anyway, I guess - silly me! Anyway, here's a direct copy of the PM; please let me know what you guys decide. Smile

Hi!! I have a question. I think I've alluded to some groovy news about my band's latest CD here on the board (but I don't actually remember, ha!) I'd like to ask your permission to post something specifically regarding our new CD being for sale. The way that it relates to LoTR is what the groovy news is... The artwork was done by none other than Daniel Reeve himself!! Cool How cool is that?!? We're all SO excited about it. And our website has been overhauled to reflect the new artwork, too. Daniel told me that he was going to put the artwork on his site, too, so I e-mailed him tonight to tell him that our website revamp has taken place, so now's the time to put the artwork on his site, since we linked from our site to his. (Wow, what a run-on sentence!) Anyway, I'd like to let everyone know about it, & that it's available for purchase from our website (and will be available from iTunes, CDBaby, etc.) shortly. SO!! Is that OK with the mods? And if it is OK, where should I put it? I'd like to reach as many people as possible, so if it's OK, I'd like to put it on Main, at least for a little while, and then have the mods move it to a more appropriate spot (I think there's a thread for member art, correct?) later on, if they want to. Please let me know what you decide! I'm so excited, I can't wait to tell everyone!!! Laugh
-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
P.S. Check out the new Wag website - www.thewagband.com!!

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 19 2009, 4:59pm

Post #2 of 5 (144 views)
Shortcut
beautiful cover! // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 19 2009, 5:01pm

Post #3 of 5 (163 views)
Shortcut
Thanks!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, Daniel does OK work... Laugh Isn't it the most exciting thing ever?? AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's more, too on the back of the CD. Now I'm just waiting for permission to do a big post about it!!!
-Alicia

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 19 2009, 8:00pm

Post #4 of 5 (159 views)
Shortcut
Yep, [In reply to] Can't Post

although the post should focus on Daniel's involvement (which is an amazing coup - well done!) rather than you having a CD for sale. Feel free to link to your website at the end, though, with a note that people can see the cover art and buy the CD there.

I think Off Topic would be the best place for this post.

And thanks for checking, Alicia!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Alicia
Lorien

Dec 19 2009, 8:27pm

Post #5 of 5 (272 views)
Shortcut
I totally agree [In reply to] Can't Post

and it's funny - that's exactly what the list owner of a Yahoo LoTR list said! Smile Thanks for the permission - and no need to thank me for checking, although you're quite welcome! I've jumped the gun elsewhere, and in the past, about stuff like this. I just get so excited that I forget to take the proper steps sometimes, so I wanted to make sure that I did this right! Angelic

Yippee, heading off to post now! Sly

-Alicia

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.