Aragorn vs.Roland Deschain...

Deni
Rivendell

Oct 26 2009, 6:09pm

Post #1 of 9 (4067 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn vs.Roland Deschain... Can't Post

vs.
Does anyone know the Dark Tower series by Stephen King...?
For they,who know them...what´s your opinion?-who would win?
Greetz DeniWink

" Those were the MOVIES that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why."

(This post was edited by Deni on Oct 26 2009, 6:11pm)

EmynArnenLady
Rivendell

Oct 27 2009, 1:29am

Post #2 of 9 (1219 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I haven't read it personaly but my husband has and I kinda peeked over his shoulder a couple times as well as listened to him sum up the story. It's really hard to say because to me they seem quite different. I'd say Roland because he has the advantage of guns and also has a more harsh personality than Aragorn. But then my opinion is only made from what little I know about him.

Lego-mainiac and proud of it!!
Photobucket

When true hearts lie withered, and fond ones are flown
Oh who would inhabit this bleak world alone?
- The last Rose of Summer, Thomas Moore

Crackle: "Those freakin' elves man....they came from the trees...they came from the trees!"
Pop: "Here's to Snap...." - (Family Guy Episode)

Luke Goss for Thranduil!

Milady
Rivendell

Oct 30 2009, 1:48pm

Post #3 of 9 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, good one [In reply to] Can't Post

There's no obvious answer, because they're exactly the same type of hero!

I'm going to go with Roland just for virtue of long-range weaponry, but who knows?

THE ANGELS HAVE THE PHONE BOX

(don't blink)

Deni
Rivendell

Oct 30 2009, 8:53pm

Post #4 of 9 (1213 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for your replies... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have already thought nobody probably like the idea of a battle between Roland and Aragorn...Wink

Well,..as you know I read the Dark Tower series currently and just have to think of the fact that Roland really has a similarity to the Aragorn-character.
But in my opinion Roland is a bit more a tragic hero than Aragorn because of his sad adolescence (Susan,his Mother;Marten...)
So, I can´t really say if they are equal, but as you said,Milady,they´re the same type of hero..

I´d also say Roland would win. He´ve been searching his whole life after his stupid tower EvilWink and he even compromise the lives of his fellows to get there...I think he is more ambitious than Aragorn and on top of that he is a gunslinger and knows how to use his guns very quickly...even though it would be terrible if Aragorn would die that way...

other thoughts?

Cheers DeniseTongue

" Those were the MOVIES that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why."

(This post was edited by Deni on Oct 30 2009, 8:55pm)

Deni
Rivendell

Nov 15 2009, 2:00pm

Post #5 of 9 (1131 views)
Shortcut
LOL..just found that on the internet... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sparkling Blue Eyes
The Shire

Nov 25 2009, 11:34pm

Post #6 of 9 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Ha, ha.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I personally don't even know who....Roland Deschain ..(sp?) is...I kind of live in a hole over here. -smiles-

So I can't really say who would win the fight, it wouldn't be fair. ^_^

But....just by looking at the pictures...

I can already tell Aragorn would win. ^_^

They do not know what lies ahead

When sun has failed and moon is dead

Erufaildon
Bree

Dec 14 2009, 8:57pm

Post #7 of 9 (1318 views)
Shortcut
I think Roland [In reply to] Can't Post

He has been killing his way to the Tower for all eternity, acting on instinct and a cold-hearted "shot-first-talk-later" mentality. The man's a living breathing death machine :)

Arwen_Undomiel
Lorien

Jan 4 2010, 8:18pm

Post #8 of 9 (3563 views)
Shortcut
War chant-- Ar-a-gorn. Ar-a-gorn. Ar-a-gorn! [In reply to] Can't Post

No-one has a chance against Aragorn!
[For a second I thought you meant Roland from The Matrix, who I ultimately like better than this Roland]

"Life can't be all work and no TORn."-- jflower

I didn't realize this was a sad occasion.

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 4 2013, 11:27am

Post #9 of 9 (632 views)
Shortcut
aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.